Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

No Dealer Markup Buying Experience - Dulles KIA, VA

Discussion in 'The Stinger Dealership Experience' started by shaggystinger, Jul 22, 2018.

1. shaggystinger

shaggystinger United States Active Member

There wasn't a "mixed feelings" button to select for this review so here we go :D

The Good - Very pleasant staff. My sales guy was very laid back with relatively no pressure and the finance guy was even more chill. He referred to me as a "lease hacker" and we both laughed about it because he recently did the same. He knew I was going to buy out the lease but I didn't tell him that. The facility looked brand new and they had a children's play area that was a blast for my 3 year old to cut loose in. We were going to need it because we were there far too long in my opinion. Lastly, I got the deal I was looking for at the end of the day.

The Bad - I told my salesman before I stepped in the dealership "no games, understand?". When he brought the first set of numbers back I knew the game was afoot :cool:. I brought a buddy of mine along and thank God I did because between the 2 of us we picked up on soooo many "mistakes" with the numbers. Wrong msrp, changing my trade value, taxes incorrect etc. Fortunately, this "adjustment" period only went on for about an hour before we gathered our stuff to leave, at which point he finally arrived at the deal I was supposed to get before I even agreed to come in.

Conclusion - My advice to anyone considering this dealership is to KNOW YOUR STUFF. This forum is GOLD when it comes to that. They accepted my initial online offer without hesitation but I had to work for it once I got there. You can get a stellar deal from Dulles KIA but don't go in blind and you will come out on top!

***On a some what related note, if you are looking for a hassle free experience get with my man Tyler at Ourisman KIA, VA (tylerbratcher@ourismanva.com). The one and ONLY reason I didn't buy from him is because they simply didn't have the color in the config I was looking for.

See you guys on the street!
    upload_2018-7-16_14-36-36.png

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Tyler Bratcher

Tyler Bratcher United States Newish Member

Thank you Mr. Black!! Next time give me a day or two so I can go get the vehicle for you and you can buy from a store that knows how to do business the right way;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. mldavis2

mldavis2 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Anytime a dealer, salesman or sales manager does not know his product or figures, I walk. Not having the correct MSRP is insane because it's on the damn car window sticker unless a fake one has (illegally) been made. You can also get the MSRP from the Kia web pages. Misquoting the MSRP is likely a dishonest way to jack the price and fool the buyer. Walk away and tell them why you are. My time is far too valuable to spend half a day playing "let's make a deal" with the sales manager.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States Stinger Enthusiast

Welcome aboard Tyler! Sorry you missed this deal but as you can see you are getting some press here. Hopefully the other folks at told about you will come your way. You should do a post in the Ourisman dealer section so folks can reach out to you. Would be nice to have a DMV dealer rep here to get folks into their dream ride!

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Renfield

Renfield United States Member

This was a positive experience compared to the first dealer I contacted. Pleasant staff, smooth c;osing.
    I got $2000 more in trade in and a GT1 for the same price the other dealer quoted for a basix GT.
    Perfect example of caveat Empton, shop around to get the best deal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Joseph Spiegel

Joseph Spiegel United States Stinger Enthusiast Sustaining Member

Tyler, I think you need to up your membership here to a dealer. One, I think that’s supposed to be and two, you’ll be more visible and make some new happy customers!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. mldavis2

mldavis2 United States 1000 Posts Club!

I couldn't agree more. Without naming dealerships, I solicited bids on a GT2 from three dealers within a 100 mile radius.
    1) Dealer quoted me $500 off MSRP, $4,000 for my trade-in and never said a word about the rebate.
    2) Dealer refused to order any car they did not have on the lot and full MSRP. I walked before they talked about the trade-in.
    3) Dealer quoted me $1,500 off MSRP, $6,000 for my trade-in and advised me of the $7,000 rebate.

If you do the math, that's a $10,000 difference between #1 and #3. Dealer #1 sells hundreds of Kias (not necessarily Stingers since I haven't seen another one since I bought mine in April.) I have no idea how they sell any Kias if they treat other customers like the treated me. They sure won't sell any from my recommendations.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. SilverNitr8

SilverNitr8 United States Member

Any salesman you recommend from dulles kia?

9. shaggystinger

Nope. The dealership appears to have a customer relation team that follows up with you after the transaction but any questions I have reached out to the guy I dealt with haven't received any responses. He did ask me for a spare key from my trade but once again, no response to any follow up questions. So, no point in recommending him. Just get the best deal you can.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Renfield

My salesperson was Angela. A pleasnat person and easy to deal with; she did follow up to see if there was anything else she could do.

• Like Like x 1
  11. shaggystinger

Update: AVOID this dealership. The incompetence level is epic.

I have had my new Stinger for over 3 weeks now but i've noticed that my trade has still not been paid off. Numerous emails and calls later they finally admitted they "forgot" paperwork that needed to be signed off for the trade payoff. OVER 3 WEEKS LATER they are telling me this. Mean while I've contacted my bank and they are telling me that I will have to make another payment on my trade since they haven't received the payoff from the dealership. Literally paying for a car I no longer have in my possession. I can only assume the bank is going to reimburse me or the dealership. Either way, don't waste your time with these people.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Tyler Bratcher

I wouldn’t count on the dealership for that boss

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Renfield

My experience in purchasing my GT1 AWD Stinger from this dealer was pleasant and straightforward as opposed to the horror show I expereinced at Chantilly KIA.

14. Renfield

I dodged a bullet by not buying from you guys. Low balled my trade in and quoted a price for a basic Gt that I later purchased a GT1 AWD from another dealer for the same price you guys quoted for a basic GT.

15. shaggystinger

Yea, well I may have dodged these bullet(s) had I gone with Ourisman instead. Guess the stars aligned for your Dulles experience but so far, I have no reason to go back to them for anything but the free first oil change......and maybe not even that!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tyler Bratcher

I am sorry that you had a poor experience..

17. Renfield

You are entitled to your opinion. I will never have my car serviced at Ouisman even if it means a longer drive to another dealer, most likely Woodbridge KIA.

18. Renfield

Poor? How about Horror Show.

19. SilverNitr8

SilverNitr8 United States Member

I think a perfect dealer is a rare find. It's like trying to find a mythical unicorn. Having contacted all 3 dealerships (Dulles, Ourisman, and Woodbridge), depending on who you encounter defi es your experience. When people recommended Woodbridge, I tried them but learned that they just want to play the games. When someone recommended Dulles, I tried them, but kept getting a run around to come by their dealership rather than being up front. When someone recommended Ourisman, I reached out to Tyler and he is a pleasant person to deal with, but we haven't talked numbers yet so I cant vouch for the mark up or low ball offer. I wouldn't fault Tyler though if we can't come to an agreement. He still have to answer to the sales manager. Just my 2 cents.

20. Tyler Bratcher

Thank you sir I really do appreciate that, I try my best everyday to make sure my dealership stands out, and is being highly recommended

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted