Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Buying a Stinger in California

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by Ramsv94, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Ramsv94

Ramsv94 United States Newish Member

Hey Guys! My car got rear ended on the freeway recently and was totaled so I am in need of a new car. I am currently looking at getting a stinger GT1 here in Northern California.

I have seen truecar offers for the GT1 RWD in my area for 41k. The GT2 is around 50k and don’t really care for any of the added features with the GT2 for an extra 9k. Can you guys help me get a better deal than the 41k? Any help is appreciated.

Some Background:
    First time new car buyer. Been driving camrys for the past 8 years and was looking for a change. Fell in love with this car, but I am also a very practical person and don’t want to spend more that I have too.

2. niko

niko United States Active Member

i personally went with the gt2, but if u don't want the additionally features than go with the GT that should be more than enough for u.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ramsv94

I decided to try and go with the GT1 over the GT because of the sunroof, Harmon Kardon System, and larger infotainment screen.

4. Phil562

Phil562 United States Member

I too feel the same. I have been looking for it over a month now. I live in Southern Cali..The best price i got was 43k OTD. There are alot of black color, red, and blue GT1 out there. They are probably not popular color so you might get better discount. I didnt buy the GT1 mentioned esrlier was it was sold before i pull the trigger. Its been not a pleasant search due to salesmen tactics and bad promises.. There is a competitive bonus of 3k if you own 2012 or newer qualify vehicle. Check with your dealership to see if your car qualify. Then be honest to them if you will financing through them with a 0% for 66 months. You can have either cash back or finance at a higher rate but you cant have both cash and 0%. If your vehicle qualify for 3k dont mention it until you get the final offer. Good hunting.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Doel

Doel United States Active Member

do some research before looking to buy and see what kia incentives you qualify for, do the math and see which combination gives you the best price (lease buyout, conquest + finance rebate, etc.), then start hitting all the dealerships you're willing to drive to, hard. Visit the near by ones, get their best price in writing and take a picture of it, then start a bidding war for your business, you can do this through email. If you're looking for a 2018, I wouldn't settle for anything less than a 10% dealer discount.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ramsv94

I am taking a look at the 2.0 premium as well. The dealer is offering the 2.0 premium for 36K without negotiating, so I can maybe knock it down to at least 33-34K and I can get the 1.5K incentive cash. Then finance it with the 0% 66 month offer. Does that sound like a good deal?

7. Phil562

At 36k they already gave you 8% off MSRP. I doubt you can go any lower.

8. Ramsv94

When i spoke with them on the phone earlier, they were willing to negotiate the price even more because they have 2019 already and have over 30 2018 stingers in stock. This car did not have the added safety packaged.

9. Phil562

My bad. You didnt say its 2018 model. You sure can get them to down 10 % minimum . Good luck.

10. Aaron Peng

Aaron Peng United States New Member

Less then 10% dealer discount on the 2018 model is not a good deal.
    The 2019 model is already on the dealer's lot, coming with some really attractive new features(360 camera, heated back seat, wireless charing), they have to clear out all the 2018 inventory by the end of year, in Seattle, some dealers give more than 10% discount on the GT2 trim(2018), and you can combine all the Kia incentives if you are qualified, and the 0 APR for 66 months.

11. look30

look30 United States Newish Member

Just got the Base for 25600 at Capital Kia. I might have squeezed some 2-300 more but I as in a rush to go to work. All in all was 4000 off their best price which was already under MSRP. 1500 because I own a Kia and 2500 because I financed it trough Kia at 3.9%. I hope this might help you negotiate for your GT . BTW the drive experience in Stinger , even the base model, is light years ahead of a Camry.
    BTW they also have the 1500 discount for competing brands, not sure if your car qualifies , google it because I saw the list online.

12. Phil562

Competitive bonus is 3k. The car model year must be 2012 and newer. See if yours qualify. I was mad because i have a 2010 Altima SR.

13. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States 1000 Posts Club!

$3000 is for GT trims, $1500 for 2.0T. Competitive and Loyalty rebates cannot be combined.

14. Ramsv94

Thanks for the info. I don't have a kia currently, but I can qualify for the competing brands rebate. There is two dealerships in my car with the same 2.0 premium, hopefully I can work them both and try to get under 30K.

• Like Like x 1
  15. look30

look30 United States Newish Member

So I looked it up and my car MSRP was 33k, dealer listed it at 29.9k and then we reduced that to roughly 29.6k before the 4K discount. All these numbers are not including tax and registration.

16. Transylvan

Transylvan United States Newish Member

Can you guys recommend any good Kia dealer around San Diego? Thx

17. Phil562

Read my post on dealership experience page under downtown LA kia. I posted my day at that kia dealership today so you can avoid their tricks.

18. Sanjay R

Sanjay R United States Member

He can try, but gotta remember mine was a 2018 model....I looked on their site and all they have is 2019s....which will be tougher to negotiate on.

Draft saved Draft deleted