kia stinger store

Buying a 2022 GT2

Dan12R

Newish Member
Michigan
Need to get that dealers number :D. That's a really good deal considering everything going on! How did you negotiate that deal? Did the dealer have a lot of inventory or something?
Also, time to post some pictures :)
I'll get pictures up once I finally have good weather here and the time to take the pictures.

The dealer took $2K off the price apparently just because. They called it their "Best Price for Everyone." I wasn't going to ask questions on that. They took another $1K off because they did use the car as a demo car for a short period of time (it had a couple hundred miles on it when I took delivery). There was then another $1.5K in rebates from Kia. I also got a very reasonable offer on my trade-in.

They weren't exactly flush with cars on the lot either. At the time, it was their only Stinger. I just checked their site and it looks like they're about to take delivery of another Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green. They're also marking that one down $2K in what they're calling their "Best Price for everyone." They're also still showing the $1.5K in Kia rebates so you'd be getting roughly the same discount I did. Unfortunately though, it won't have the Scorpion Package if that's something anyone is looking for.

I literally did zero negotiations. When I first inquired about the car, they just said "Here's the price" and that's the price I got.

I will say though that I think they're being a little bit smarter than others. My local Kia dealer had the exact same car (same color and features) on their lot but wanted $10K over MSRP. Maybe the dealer I bought it from didn't get as high of a price but at least they moved a car this month that my local dealer didn't. For the salesperson, it doesn't matter what the commission rate is. Any percentage of $0 is $0.

If anyone is serious about the one they have coming in and is in Michigan or willing to come to the state for the car, I'd be happy to put you in touch with the dealer.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

zetatai

Speaking from the Pacific NW, it seems like new inventory is starting to show up, and existing inventory is moving sluggishly at best. Should put us 'not in a rush' buyers in a more advantageous position. FYI, my local dealer attributes KIA's lack of inventory not to the chip issue, but to 'cars sitting on boats' at overcrowded ports waiting to unload (and backed up behind in the supply chain).

stoopid

Stinger Enthusiast
Las Vegas, NV
I literally did zero negotiations. When I first inquired about the car, they just said "Here's the price" and that's the price I got.

I will say though that I think they're being a little bit smarter than others. My local Kia dealer had the exact same car (same color and features) on their lot but wanted $10K over MSRP. Maybe the dealer I bought it from didn't get as high of a price but at least they moved a car this month that my local dealer didn't. For the salesperson, it doesn't matter what the commission rate is. Any percentage of $0 is $0.
I didn't negotiate much either, it's the only favor I do the dealership if the pricing is where I wanted it to be. I did however not get the GT1 I initially test drove because we were too many thousands apart from what I was willing to spend, but had the GT already lined up in my back pocket (grabbed the dealer's lot# online) for when the GT1 deal fell through. Sometimes not being a greedy prick with the dealer can end up being the way forward to getting a mutually beneficial deal done. So I applaud the "hey, they're doing okay by me" line of thinking.

Why some dealers are marking up a slow selling model is plain stupid IMO. As you say, someone made a sale that month and it wasn't the greedy dealer. I vote with my wallet all the time.

Kcox221

Newish Member
Bensalem, PA
At $1500 off AWD Scorpion pricing you're paying over S5 Premium Plus MSRP prices, which means you're probably going to pay $5k+ more than actual S5 sales price.

Me thinks you should widen your search BY A LOT and consider flying out/driving back for a better deal.

Remember, next year when this chip shortage shit is over the prices will go back to normal and your resale value will plummet. The people that paid $40-45k for their GT2 in 2018-2020 will be in fine shape but that $55k Stinger is going to be worth $35-40k within a year of your purchase.

Just some things to consider...
S5 Premium Plus starting MSRP is $57,500. And in order to get even close to the fully loaded options that come with the GT2, your looking at $65k+ for a S5. I was cross shopping the Stinger GT2 Scorpion I just picked up with the S5.
If you just want a base S5 Premium Plus, then sure, it’s close, but not with all the extras you get on the GT2

Attachments

• 785728E3-7106-4D23-93E0-5C676B3E61FB.png
    785728E3-7106-4D23-93E0-5C676B3E61FB.png
    460.5 KB · Views: 2

Kamauxx

5000 Posts Club!
S5 Premium Plus starting MSRP is $57,500. And in order to get even close to the fully loaded options that come with the GT2, your looking at $65k+ for a S5. I was cross shopping the Stinger GT2 Scorpion I just picked up with the S5.
If you just want a base S5 Premium Plus, then sure, it’s close, but not with all the extras you get on the GT2
Not at all an apples to apples comparison. You say you're adding options to get it to the level of a GT2 but you're also starting out with standard features that aren't even available on a GT2. Hell, even the $53k bare bones base model S5 has options the GT2 doesn't. And at $65k, the S5 will then have all the features of the GT2 PLUS features unavailable on a Stinger.

Saying a GT2 is more loaded than a P+ because it has HUD and ventilated seats standard is no different than saying the P+ is more loaded because it has the virtual cockpit, AWD, and alcantara standard. When comparing a GT2 to P+ you're getting standard equipment on each that isn't available on the other--that's a wash.

Price wise the big difference is that while Kia is selling Stingers at or near MSRP, Audi is still discounting S5s and RS5s. From what I see regularly posted on the Audi forums most are getting 10% or higher off MSRP. That means even a $62k P+ will be cheaper to buy than a Stinger (based on current sales prices). *Side note: at $62.5k MSRP someone could get a standard Prestige, which has every option available on the Stinger plus a whole host of things unavailable on the Stinger*

I paid less for my S5, with thousands $ in options than most here are currently paying for AWD GT2s.

Being a cheaper alternative to the Germans is what Kia said the Stinger was to be. MY 2018-2020 pricing + incentives made that possible. Kias continued price increases and Audi's price REDUCTIONS narrowed that gap. The inventory shortage and Kias reluctance to negotiate prices have closed what remained of that gap.

Forgive me for making this so lengthy, I just feel there is a lot of misinformation spread here regarding this. Information that may have been true in 2018 but not in the summer of 2021. I see a lot of people trying to justify why they paid so much for a car Kia said would be the cheaper German alternative so at times I get a little long winded when pointing out the inaccuracies in their data that they may have missed.

Last edited:

trooper1414

Not at all an apples to apples comparison. You say you're adding options to get it to the level of a GT2 but you're also starting out with standard features that aren't even available on a GT2. Hell, even the $53k bare bones base model S5 has options the GT2 doesn't. And at $65k, the S5 will then have all the features of the GT2 PLUS features unavailable on a Stinger.

Saying a GT2 is more loaded than a P+ because it has HUD and ventilated seats standard is no different than saying the P+ is more loaded because it has the virtual cockpit, AWD, and alcantara standard. When comparing a GT2 to P+ you're getting standard equipment on each that isn't available on the other--that's a wash.

Price wise the big difference is that while Kia is selling Stingers at or near MSRP, Audi is still discounting S5s and RS5s. From what I see regularly posted on the Audi forums most are getting 10% or higher off MSRP. That means even a $62k P+ will be cheaper to buy than a Stinger (based on current sales prices). *Side note: at $62.5k MSRP someone could get a standard Prestige, which has every option available on the Stinger plus a whole host of things unavailable on the Stinger*

I paid less for my S5, with thousands $ in options than most here are currently paying for AWD GT2s.

Being a cheaper alternative to the Germans is what Kia said the Stinger was to be. MY 2018-2020 pricing + incentives made that possible. Kias continued price increases and Audi's price REDUCTIONS narrowed that gap. The inventory shortage and Kias reluctance to negotiate prices have closed what remained of that gap.

Forgive me for making this so lengthy, I just feel there is a lot of misinformation spread here regarding this. Information that may have been true in 2018 but not in the summer of 2021. I see a lot of people trying to justify why they paid so much for a car Kia said would be the cheaper German alternative so at times I get a little long winded when pointing out the inaccuracies in their data that they may have missed.
I completely agree, spending $54k for a stinger in these times is no longer value for money. Plenty of competition around.

This was good when people consistently got $10-20k off the stinger...lease buyout etc.

Tiger_Trj

Newish Member
I'll get pictures up once I finally have good weather here and the time to take the pictures.

The dealer took $2K off the price apparently just because. They called it their "Best Price for Everyone." I wasn't going to ask questions on that. They took another $1K off because they did use the car as a demo car for a short period of time (it had a couple hundred miles on it when I took delivery). There was then another $1.5K in rebates from Kia. I also got a very reasonable offer on my trade-in.

They weren't exactly flush with cars on the lot either. At the time, it was their only Stinger. I just checked their site and it looks like they're about to take delivery of another Stinger GT2 in Ascot Green. They're also marking that one down $2K in what they're calling their "Best Price for everyone." They're also still showing the $1.5K in Kia rebates so you'd be getting roughly the same discount I did. Unfortunately though, it won't have the Scorpion Package if that's something anyone is looking for.

If anyone is serious about the one they have coming in and is in Michigan or willing to come to the state for the car, I'd be happy to put you in touch with the dealer.
WHICH DEALER DID THE 2K OFF