kia stinger store

Buying a 2022 GT2

Dan12R

Newish Member
Michigan
I got mine in Dec 2020, during the pandemic but just as the car bubble started to build and mine was $4500-ish off MSRP after dealer and Kia incentives. Car prices really took off shortly after, so early 2021.
I've heard a lot of cases like yours. Based on all of the research I've done, at MSRP seems to be fair market value right now. It's still higher than what a lot of people paid before prices took off but before and during the pandemic.

stoopid

Stinger Enthusiast
Las Vegas, NV
Dealers are setting the sticker right now at MSRP + $1-2k (or more). It's a cash grab, because they set the ceiling higher to negotiate "down to MSRP". Like they're doing us the favor. They're still paying the same amount of money for inventory, just selling it at a higher price. That's why I posted earlier to just refuse to acknowledge the markups and negotiate like they were never added, because they have no basis in reality. The cars aren't selling well enough. Only truly high demand cars can fetch MSRP+

Ric 'Ochet

Dealers are setting the sticker right now at MSRP + $1-2k (or more). It's a cash grab, because they set the ceiling higher to negotiate "down to MSRP". Like they're doing us the favor. They're still paying the same amount of money for inventory, just selling it at a higher price. That's why I posted earlier to just refuse to acknowledge the markups and negotiate like they were never added, because they have no basis in reality. The cars aren't selling well enough. Only truly high demand cars can fetch MSRP+
Less inventory is what’s driving the market. That said when I bought my GTS I had a dealer in Southern IL tell me they wouldn’t negotiate off the listed $37828 price (with 9000 miles) and I would have to pay to have it certified ($1500). It had decent options but was missing the puddle lights, all season tires, and remote start I wanted for the Chicago winters. Maybe $2k in options.
I contacted an Ohio dealer and got the AWD GTS loaded..all options.. for just shy of $35k, 4500 miles, CPO, tinted and ALL Season Michelin Primacy tires (GTS originally came with the Summer tires).
Great deal IMO then, smoking one today.
Moral..don’t settle..

clemson85

South Carolina
I feel so fortunate that I bought mine right before the Pandemic hit. I got my new 2019 GTS RWD for $35,500 OTD back in January 2020. The MSRP was a little over $45,000. All this talk about the Stingers being discontinued has me a little bummed. I bought my 2009 Pontiac G8GT in August of 2009 and that was it for the G8's no more were produced after Pontiac went away. I was bummed in the same way about the G8. Enjpy your Stingers everyone. I wish you new buyers all the best with finding your dream Stinger at a reasonable price.

Dan12R

Newish Member
Michigan
I feel so fortunate that I bought mine right before the Pandemic hit. I got my new 2019 GTS RWD for $35,500 OTD back in January 2020. The MSRP was a little over $45,000. All this talk about the Stingers being discontinued has me a little bummed. I bought my 2009 Pontiac G8GT in August of 2009 and that was it for the G8's no more were produced after Pontiac went away. I was bummed in the same way about the G8. Enjpy your Stingers everyone. I wish you new buyers all the best with finding your dream Stinger at a reasonable price.
On the plus side, if the Stinger is canceled and goes the way of the G8, financially, that could be pretty nice for those who bought one. Go look up what a G8 goes for these days. A G8 GXP with over 80K miles can go for more than $30K. If it's low miles, more like $40K. If it's extremely low miles, it could be pushing $50K. The car stickered at $37K. I imagine that some of that is the used car mark-up we're seeing but if I can put 80K miles on a Stinger and sell it at a loss of $7K, that's a pretty low cost of ownership. I'm not banking on that happening, but it would be pretty epic if things play out like they did with the G8 in the case that the Stinger is canceled.

Ric 'Ochet

I’m thinking more the way of the Supra than the G8. The SS is another example of discontinued and valueable.

WRXtoStingerGT

1000 Posts Club!
USA
Holy cow I wish I could have picked up a brand new 2019 GTS-RWD for that price!!! I just wish the GTS came in a color that didn't stand out so much! :p

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

BTA

I got a new 2019 GT2 in Oct of 2019 for $40k.
I did not believe that quote over the phone so I drove 90 miles and they did in fact sell me the white GT2 with gray interior and had splash guards and underbody lights already installed. MSRP $52.5k. This price was with no trade and all rebates.
Right now with 6k miles it's worth more that $40k. The car is perfect and a keeper. I sold a 2020 Gladiator for more than I paid a year ago. The market is crazy now. I want to buy a new Sorento SX but there are none out there right now. I must wait. Dang.

Travis Wills

Stinger Enthusiast
I got a new 2019 GT2 in Oct of 2019 for $40k.
I did not believe that quote over the phone so I drove 90 miles and they did in fact sell me the white GT2 with gray interior and had splash guards and underbody lights already installed. MSRP $52.5k. This price was with no trade and all rebates.
Right now with 6k miles it's worth more that $40k. The car is perfect and a keeper. I sold a 2020 Gladiator for more than I paid a year ago. The market is crazy now. I want to buy a new Sorento SX but there are none out there right now. I must wait. Dang.
You only have 6,000 miles on a 2019? Used car prices are dropping already. That $40K offer for the Stinger won't last forever. Eventually these prices will go back to normal(~$34K-35K). Even that price will still be great for you though. A loaded new GT2 at $40K is a steal of a deal. Congrats!

Davidoyo

Houston, TX
Please delete post :)

Davidoyo

Houston, TX
I've heard a lot of cases like yours. Based on all of the research I've done, at MSRP seems to be fair market value right now. It's still higher than what a lot of people paid before prices took off but before and during the pandemic.
I plan on waiting until the fall before I start looking to buy. My stretch goal is buying a GT2 RWD at 2% over invoice. I have time so I can wait for a good deal :)

trooper1414

I plan on waiting until the fall before I start looking to buy. My stretch goal is buying a GT2 RWD at 2% over invoice. I have time so I can wait for a good deal :)
I have time as well atleast till September, but I'm being very impatient frankly. Something tells me life is too short to keep hunting for the best deal always. I'm speaking to a dealer planning to do MSRP - $1500 for a Scorpion edition stinger. Let's see if it works out. .

I drove the Acura TLX Type S today, great car - stunner but sadly the pickup wasn't all that great and felt heavy. Another part of me keeps telling me to wait for the IS 500 and optimistically hoping Lexus prices it for $55k though all rumors on the net point to a starting price of $60-65k

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Something tells me life is too short to keep hunting for the best deal always.
Wisdom is telling you. When you know that you want a thing, go get it, take it and pay the price. Waiting is the surest road to disappointment.

trooper1414

Wisdom is telling you. When you know that you want a thing, go get it, take it and pay the price. Waiting is the surest road to disappointment.
Haha so true. I'm normally always about getting the best deal and the right price, but let's see how long I fight the mind over heart battle. Though I do agree with you

trooper1414

So I'm getting a dealer to offer $1500 below MSRP, breaks my heart because in a normal world ...this would be $10k off. I do recover 6k of that by selling my car at a higher value :) so net net...I might be off by 2.5k

Dan12R

Newish Member
Michigan
So I pulled the trigger last weekend. I found a dealer that all said and done offered me a GT2 with the Scorpion package for $4K under MSRP. It was a 2 hour drive to get to that dealer but well worth it.

It's only been a week but I'm still enjoying the car. I'm constantly looking for excuses to take it for a spin.

Davidoyo

Houston, TX
So I pulled the trigger last weekend. I found a dealer that all said and done offered me a GT2 with the Scorpion package for $4K under MSRP. It was a 2 hour drive to get to that dealer but well worth it.

It's only been a week but I'm still enjoying the car. I'm constantly looking for excuses to take it for a spin.
Need to get that dealers number :D. That's a really good deal considering everything going on! How did you negotiate that deal? Did the dealer have a lot of inventory or something?
Also, time to post some pictures :)

Kamauxx

5000 Posts Club!
At $1500 off AWD Scorpion pricing you're paying over S5 Premium Plus MSRP prices, which means you're probably going to pay $5k+ more than actual S5 sales price.

Me thinks you should widen your search BY A LOT and consider flying out/driving back for a better deal.

Remember, next year when this chip shortage shit is over the prices will go back to normal and your resale value will plummet. The people that paid $40-45k for their GT2 in 2018-2020 will be in fine shape but that $55k Stinger is going to be worth $35-40k within a year of your purchase.

Just some things to consider...