kia stinger store

Buying a 2022 GT2

Dan12R

Newish Member
Michigan
I got mine in Dec 2020, during the pandemic but just as the car bubble started to build and mine was $4500-ish off MSRP after dealer and Kia incentives. Car prices really took off shortly after, so early 2021.
I've heard a lot of cases like yours. Based on all of the research I've done, at MSRP seems to be fair market value right now. It's still higher than what a lot of people paid before prices took off but before and during the pandemic.

stoopid

Stinger Enthusiast
Las Vegas, NV
Dealers are setting the sticker right now at MSRP + $1-2k (or more). It's a cash grab, because they set the ceiling higher to negotiate "down to MSRP". Like they're doing us the favor. They're still paying the same amount of money for inventory, just selling it at a higher price. That's why I posted earlier to just refuse to acknowledge the markups and negotiate like they were never added, because they have no basis in reality. The cars aren't selling well enough. Only truly high demand cars can fetch MSRP+

Ric 'Ochet

Dealers are setting the sticker right now at MSRP + $1-2k (or more). It's a cash grab, because they set the ceiling higher to negotiate "down to MSRP". Like they're doing us the favor. They're still paying the same amount of money for inventory, just selling it at a higher price. That's why I posted earlier to just refuse to acknowledge the markups and negotiate like they were never added, because they have no basis in reality. The cars aren't selling well enough. Only truly high demand cars can fetch MSRP+
Less inventory is what’s driving the market. That said when I bought my GTS I had a dealer in Southern IL tell me they wouldn’t negotiate off the listed $37828 price (with 9000 miles) and I would have to pay to have it certified ($1500). It had decent options but was missing the puddle lights, all season tires, and remote start I wanted for the Chicago winters. Maybe $2k in options.
I contacted an Ohio dealer and got the AWD GTS loaded..all options.. for just shy of $35k, 4500 miles, CPO, tinted and ALL Season Michelin Primacy tires (GTS originally came with the Summer tires).
Great deal IMO then, smoking one today.
Moral..don’t settle..

clemson85

South Carolina
I feel so fortunate that I bought mine right before the Pandemic hit. I got my new 2019 GTS RWD for $35,500 OTD back in January 2020. The MSRP was a little over $45,000. All this talk about the Stingers being discontinued has me a little bummed. I bought my 2009 Pontiac G8GT in August of 2009 and that was it for the G8's no more were produced after Pontiac went away. I was bummed in the same way about the G8. Enjpy your Stingers everyone. I wish you new buyers all the best with finding your dream Stinger at a reasonable price.

Dan12R

Newish Member
Michigan
I feel so fortunate that I bought mine right before the Pandemic hit. I got my new 2019 GTS RWD for $35,500 OTD back in January 2020. The MSRP was a little over $45,000. All this talk about the Stingers being discontinued has me a little bummed. I bought my 2009 Pontiac G8GT in August of 2009 and that was it for the G8's no more were produced after Pontiac went away. I was bummed in the same way about the G8. Enjpy your Stingers everyone. I wish you new buyers all the best with finding your dream Stinger at a reasonable price.
On the plus side, if the Stinger is canceled and goes the way of the G8, financially, that could be pretty nice for those who bought one. Go look up what a G8 goes for these days. A G8 GXP with over 80K miles can go for more than $30K. If it's low miles, more like $40K. If it's extremely low miles, it could be pushing $50K. The car stickered at $37K. I imagine that some of that is the used car mark-up we're seeing but if I can put 80K miles on a Stinger and sell it at a loss of $7K, that's a pretty low cost of ownership. I'm not banking on that happening, but it would be pretty epic if things play out like they did with the G8 in the case that the Stinger is canceled.

Ric 'Ochet

I’m thinking more the way of the Supra than the G8. The SS is another example of discontinued and valueable.

WRXtoStingerGT

1000 Posts Club!
USA
Holy cow I wish I could have picked up a brand new 2019 GTS-RWD for that price!!! I just wish the GTS came in a color that didn't stand out so much! :p

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Holy cow I wish I could have picked up a brand new 2019 GTS-RWD for that price!!! I just wish the GTS came in a color that didn't stand out so much! :p
It does. The 2020 "GTS" is Indigo.

BTA

I got a new 2019 GT2 in Oct of 2019 for $40k.
I did not believe that quote over the phone so I drove 90 miles and they did in fact sell me the white GT2 with gray interior and had splash guards and underbody lights already installed. MSRP $52.5k. This price was with no trade and all rebates.
Right now with 6k miles it's worth more that $40k. The car is perfect and a keeper. I sold a 2020 Gladiator for more than I paid a year ago. The market is crazy now. I want to buy a new Sorento SX but there are none out there right now. I must wait. Dang.

Travis Wills

Stinger Enthusiast
I got a new 2019 GT2 in Oct of 2019 for $40k.
I did not believe that quote over the phone so I drove 90 miles and they did in fact sell me the white GT2 with gray interior and had splash guards and underbody lights already installed. MSRP $52.5k. This price was with no trade and all rebates.
Right now with 6k miles it's worth more that $40k. The car is perfect and a keeper. I sold a 2020 Gladiator for more than I paid a year ago. The market is crazy now. I want to buy a new Sorento SX but there are none out there right now. I must wait. Dang.
You only have 6,000 miles on a 2019? Used car prices are dropping already. That $40K offer for the Stinger won't last forever. Eventually these prices will go back to normal(~$34K-35K). Even that price will still be great for you though. A loaded new GT2 at $40K is a steal of a deal. Congrats!

Davidoyo

Newish Member
Houston, TX
Please delete post :)

Davidoyo

Newish Member
Houston, TX
I've heard a lot of cases like yours. Based on all of the research I've done, at MSRP seems to be fair market value right now. It's still higher than what a lot of people paid before prices took off but before and during the pandemic.
I plan on waiting until the fall before I start looking to buy. My stretch goal is buying a GT2 RWD at 2% over invoice. I have time so I can wait for a good deal :)