Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

buy now or wait the 2019 model?

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by notus, May 18, 2018.

1. notus

notus United States New Member

Any news about the 2019 model? Is it a good time to buy the new 2018 Stinger now? I heard that 2019 model will come in June. Not sure how many changes will be...

2. shaggystinger

shaggystinger United States Member

I have only heard that the 2018 production has ceased in S. Korea and they are ramping up for the 2019s. Should be late june/early july. I personally am waiting until end of summer to see what deals can be had on the dealer lots.

3. Czar99

Czar99 United States Member

June/July time frame!!! Hard to believe I thought 2018 came late 2017(Nov/Dec time frame). It is not even an year. Will be more than happy to see 2019 so early though. I would rather wait if that is the case.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. StingerGT68

StingerGT68 United States Stinger Enthusiast

I would wait if I were you and see what the best deal will be. You can see if you like the 2019 models or hopefully get a good deal on a 2018.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. StingEm

StingEm United States Member

I figured that I would be a sad panda if the $6500 rebate became $2500 because I decided to wait, so I took the bird in the hand.

• Like Like x 2
  6. AV8R

AV8R Australia 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator

Doubt very much if there will be any model changes. They would come 2020 I think.

7. AnyVare

AnyVare United States Active Member

I'm hoping they add the missing features back!

8. NYLAWBIZ

NYLAWBIZ United States Active Member

Strike while the iron is hot - those who snooze, lose.

9. Jayce

Jayce United States Active Member

Read somewhere that the only one getting missing features is the Atlantica. Won't be any difference in the 2019s otherwise.

10. DiabloStinger

DiabloStinger United States Active Member

Meh. I only want that wireless charging panel for mine. Easy $200. I’d bet 2019 models are more expensive!

11. tv77

tv77 United States Member

Note to all. The Atlantica has been scratched at the moment. I wrote of this last month and was on the phone with Kia Consumer Affairs and the Stinger Hotline folks and confirmed that there is no new news on the Atlantica and it has been removed from the Kia Media site for over a month. Could be so as to sell what’s on the truck now and be released for 2019.

12. robz32

robz32 United States Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

13. Jayce

Jayce United States Active Member

Wow really? Kia really knows what they're doing. /sarcasm

14. Salman

Salman Saudi Arabia Member

The 2019 model are being produced now in JUNE. and are scheduled to be delivered end of JULY, early AUGUST. I ordered the 2019 from my local dealer early MAY with a down payment, and they confirmed that it's going to be produced in JUNE and Delivered end of JULY.

and for those asking for the deference, there are no deferences in (interior, exterior or engine) what so ever between both model years 2018 and 2019. However some dealers will demand certain features that were not available in their region to be added.

But on the other hand, I've found on KIA Korean website, for the 2019 there is a package called "TUON" its like a sport look package, they change to Real Carbon & Alcantara Package, Accessory Package, BBS Wheel. i have attached pictures for your reference.
    TUON.png PAGE1.png PAGE2.png PAGE3.png

I hope this clears up the confusion.

• Like Like x 3
  15. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States Active Member

Gorgeous.

It depends on how much you want to enjoy the drive now. At my age, you don't wait. What are you waiting for? There will always be a newer car.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States Stinger Enthusiast

I wonder if this means they will just add in the missing items, plus give us some more exterior/interior colors across the line, instead of doing limited editions for some dealers to charge ridiculous markups. I want to see a brown interior or some version or brown on the Stinger and some more exterior colors available on all the trims.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. MerlintheMad

I want(ed) that ultra cool orange of the concept car. But to get it, I will have to have my silky silver painted over. I'm not doing that anytime soon!

18. Billy M

Billy M United States Member

Wrap?

19. MerlintheMad

I have only just been made aware of "wraps", since joining this forum. I am either still being slow on the uptake, or this is very new? An entire car? Seriously? And removable? What kind of price goes into a full car wrap? How does a wrap hold up compared to an "old school" paint job?

20. Billy M

Billy M United States Member

$1-2k, same price for professionally done plasti-dip as well. 1-2 yr lifespan, totally removable, and protects the paint. When done right, the prep is similar to a good paint job.

Draft saved Draft deleted