Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Brand New Item! Vintage K Metal Skin Overlays

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Exterior Discussion' started by Kia Stinger, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

So you don't want to remove your badges, huh? Well have I got something for you. These "metal skin" Vintage K badges stick-on over/on top of your stock KIA badges. They're designed SPECIFICALLY for the Kia Stinger and match perfectly. Trust me, I've already tried them on standard Kia Stinger "KIA" badges. They're perfect!

Not only do these install in seconds - they also protect the original KIA badges from the elements.

Hood badge: OEM Design Vintage K Hood Metal Skin Hood Emblem - Kia Stinger dot com
    Hatch badge: OEM Design Vintage K Metal Skin Hatch Emblem - Kia Stinger dot com

They're very thin but very strong alloy metal.
    • Installs in seconds with 3M double-sided tape
    • No need to remove the OEM badges
    • Protects OEM badges from the elements
    • High quality formed alloy
    • Aggressive 3D logo
    • Designed specifically for the Kia Stinger
    • Removable without harm to OEM badges
    • Great emblem option for lessee’s and owners
    Introductory price: $19.95 each. Any questions?

vintage-k-overlays.jpg vintage-k-overlay-2.jpg vintage-k-overlay-1.jpg

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Madman

Madman Australia Active Member Sustaining Member

NOW you tell me....:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 2500 Posts Club!

I like the "in your face" quality of the Kia usurpation of the Lexus "L", turning it into a very stylized "K". It piques observer curiosity in a way that tempts me. A lot.

(edit: That didn't take long to tempt me beyond my ability to resist. The description, your rep and the whole approach is just too easy. Now I will have to change my avatar. That will be fun! :))

(further edit: I have a "date" with @Gordo on the 12th Instant, if Real Life doesn't intrude. Is there any chance that my "K" badge covers will get here before 6 PM Friday? We're supposed to take pics of our Stingers together.:thumbup:)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  4. Schpok

Schpok Germany Active Member

I like it, good Option. BUT why has no one done the e-badge in oval yet :(

5. ballistic

ballistic United States Active Member Founding Member Sustaining Member

6. Schpok

Schpok Germany Active Member

7. Falaris

Falaris United States Active Member Staff Member Moderator Sustaining Member +

Complete set ordered!

Thanks Sal!

-Fal

• Like Like x 1
  8. Deisic

Deisic United States Member

any pics on a stinger?

9. MerlintheMad

Mine are on their way. You can bet your sweet bippy I'll post pics within minutes of getting them on. Optimism says tomorrow. Pragmatism says Saturday. Sad experience says Monday or even Tuesday. Stay tuned ...

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Falaris

Falaris United States Active Member Staff Member Moderator Sustaining Member +

Go to the store links he posted above. All of the emblems are on stingers in the store post. Of course we will get ours up once we get them but you can get an idea from the store post.

-Fal

• Like Like x 1
  11. BlaydeX15

BlaydeX15 United States Active Member

Got the wheel cap covers installed in this brand/style, test fit 'em before you strip the plastic backing off of the badge, you might need to bend it a bit to fit the contour of the front badge.

My wheel covers were also slightly oversized, so I needed to use the (included) thicker tape to attach them. They also stuck better when I folded the extra tape in half so it was 2 layers thick. YMMV, but keep it in mind!

Side note, found pictures of my car in the rebadge kit photos. Thanks for photoshopping all the extra junk out! Lol.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Kia Stinger

Thank YOU! :)

Not yet. But soon! They're brand new...

They went out first thing this morning via USPS First Class. Heading to Y00TAW - not sure if they'll be there by Saturday. USPS Priority Mail would have made it... In any event, I'm anxious to see the pictures!

Nice 'n Easy 1 2 3 complete sets are available here: Full Vintage K Overlay Package - Kia Stinger dot com

• Like Like x 1
  13. DaBears4Lyfe

DaBears4Lyfe United States Active Member

WOW AMAZING SAL!

• Like Like x 1
  14. DaBears4Lyfe

DaBears4Lyfe United States Active Member

Any thoughts if these will come in different colors besides the black background?

15. Kia Stinger

MAYBE later on down the road. Nothing any time right away...

16. MerlintheMad

DSC07538.JPG DSC07539.JPG DSC07540.JPG DSC07541.JPG
    Went smoothly. There was only one teensy flaw: as I pressed down firmly to seat the tape, the rear badge dented in immediately to the left of the "K", in the middle; the point of the "K" points to it. The dent is very slight and unless the light reflects off that exact spot it isn't visible.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Deisic

Deisic United States Member

Dang! That sucks about the dent . Looks really good though! I just put my GT wheel badges on. Did t realize I was buying an overlay since I didn’t read it very well.
    29F44ADD-0922-400F-A034-25D4C3A21A31.jpeg

18. Audible Silence

Audible Silence United States Active Member

Looks good

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. MerlintheMad

20. Kia Stinger

Interesting. They're thin but quite sturdy - but it's probably best to put firm pressure at the edges and maybe just a little at the center. The double-sided tape they use for badges is impressively strong. I have a friend with an old aftermarket badge that has been hanging off his car for a year. He says he's going to leave it that way until it just falls off - but it never does. :p His car is outside in the rainy Florida summer every day...

Draft saved Draft deleted