Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

3.3TT Borla Exhaust

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by ryan1stinger, Nov 30, 2018.

1. ryan1stinger

ryan1stinger United States Member

Hey folks,

Considering purchasing the Borla exhaust, but I would like to hear it in person before making the purchase as I've heard from several folks that it's considerably louder in person then what is captured with sound clips. Anyone located in the Bay Area in Northern California with the Borla Exhaust S-Type Catback installed on their 3.3L v6 that wouldn't mind meeting with me so I can check out the sound?

Thank you!

Ryan

2. Roarbomb

Roarbomb United States Active Member

This is exactly my stance but I’m in the DFW area this weekend. No one has offered for me, but good luck to you!

3. ryan1stinger

ryan1stinger United States Member

Thanks. Good luck to you and have a wonderful weekend!

4. mark_hk

mark_hk Hong Kong Member Sustaining Member

Just ordered my Stinger...dealer has an option to install a borla exhaust prior to delivery and will still maintain the local warranty here in Hong Kong. Not sure whether to opt for the borla or any other brand...? If i just modify the muffler and tips then technically it wont affect the warranty... thinking.

5. nhcowboy28

nhcowboy28 United States Stinger Enthusiast

Congrats. I assume they will be charging a large labor charge. Exhausts are not a complicated install. And not a warranty concern for a cat back. So many options on exhaust. Borla’s are loud but will have drone. Just about any will.

At least consider an EVC like jun bl so you can keep quiet when needed. Are there noise laws in hk?

6. mark_hk

Noise laws will only really be a hassle to deal with if it was an older car and I had to do annual MOT / road worthiness tests... As this is a new car, I can get away with a lot more.

I def don't want a droning noise in the cabin... But want a nicer sound from the outside!

7. nhcowboy28

nhcowboy28 United States Stinger Enthusiast

No winner at the moment without drone when open sadly. Most like the trunk/under rear seats with dynomat or some equivalent sound deadener.

Here’s all the EVCs if found so far.
    Jun bl evc, caberu evc, Ajun evc, x force evc, tubistyle evc, baq evc

8. Adamdan

Adamdan Canada Active Member

I’ve heard the borla can have lots of drone. Jun evc is awesome you might want to have a look.

9. mark_hk

Awesome.. lemme have a search around on the forum! Thanks!

10. Adamdan

Adamdan Canada Active Member

It costs more then the borla but it’s really the best of both worlds. I have the valves open around town then when I’m on the hwy I close the valves and it nice and quiet with zero drone. If you have any questions would be happy to help. They have two evc setups. The new one is the sport and it’s a bit louder then mine with a bit more bass. It’s also a bit cheaper as it uses one muffler instead of two. The sport will sound closer to the borla. There’s videos on YouTube but most don’t do justice.

11. cmhsam

cmhsam United States Member

I am getting my Borla installed Monday so I can provide some feedback. I was concerned as well but figured it was worth the risk.

12. mark_hk

Thanks fella! I am in contact with a tuning shop here to purchase and install a racechip. They said they can modify the stock exhaust and put in a electronic valve with remote control for like... Usd1000 ... They sent me some demo videos. Doesn't sound too bad!

Draft saved Draft deleted