Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Booster Seats

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Interior Discussion' started by Rich G, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Rich G

Rich G United States New Member

I have searched the forum and it seems like two cars seats fit fine in the rear of the stinger but I will have 2 front forward car seats and a backless booster. Within the next few months it will changed to two boosters and one forward facing car seat.

Does anyone have this set up? It looks like either way I have to buy seatbelt extenders.

I appreciate the help. The lease deals on the stinger are crazy right now so I am looking at leasing one.

2. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 10000 Posts Club!

I haven't heard of anyone needing extenders on seatbelts to go around car seats. Hopefully that isn't necessary? I've had the seatbelts around backless booster seats, no problem; and once or twice I've had a rearward facing car seat with no problem (I didn't put the danged thing in, my child put my grandchild in, risking the hernia, not I!:p). Older seats (back when I had to worry about such things on a daily basis) allowed the seatbelts to go through the chassis of the car seat, forward or rearward facing, with c. the same amount of seatbelt throw.

3. NismoDPB

NismoDPB United States Active Member

Most narrow booster seats will fit but I found the few that I tried to be kind of a pain. The recessed receiver usually had the corner of the booster obstructing the path slightly, making it almost impossible for my daughter to buckle herself. When I had to buckle her I usually had to slide the booster out of the way to get the buckle in then slide it back in place, all with her in the seat.

I eventually found this booster that is perfect for bucket seats. It provides a nice seating position and its tapered design provides plenty of clearance for the reciever. It still takes a little work but with practice, your child will be able to get themselves in no problem.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ENUWFNS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_NgfBYojwT2WFP

3 across might be tight and make it difficult to get to the buckle for your children. In that case an extender may make your lives easier if you want them to be able to buckle themselves. Else you should have no problem without the extender.

Draft saved Draft deleted