Welcome to the Stinger Owners Group!

We have over 10,000 viewers online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
Register Now
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Blacked out rear Reflectors .......................and more

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Exterior Discussion' started by westcoastGT, Dec 5, 2017.

1. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 1000 Posts Club!

OK , so I experimented with blacking out my rear red reflectors with gloss black vinyl which is a virtual match , also did a carbon vinyl wrap on the plate frame and added back the flat black GT badge .......................what do you think ? Blacked (2).jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Scotty@SherwoodKia

Scotty@SherwoodKia Canada Kia Dealership Stinger Dealer

WOW that looks sharp ! really matches the rear diffuser. Now for some darker tint on that rear window :p

3. westcoastGT

Thanks !Ive done tinted rears before but found it hard to see out , the rear window on the Stinger is pretty small already , I may tint the tail lights though

4. Jenny Wang

Jenny Wang United States Active Member Founding Member

It looks great to me! How about a 3.3T badge for the left side?

• Like Like x 1
  5. westcoastGT

Thanks , I think it needs something on the left for balance but not sure what ..............................

6. westcoastGT

Jenny , I searched out the 3.3T option ......................looks great . ON ORDER ! Thanks for the reco !! wont be here for a while but I'll get it painted up and on the car when it arrives and post another pic !

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  7. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

Nice idea, Jenny! :p

Yes, I think that's going to look really good. I'm getting the urge to Photoshop it on just to see what it will look like. :p

8. westcoastGT

Do it .............please !;)

9. Chris

Chris United States Stinger Enthusiast

MN
    It does look unbalanced right now, but I am a firm believer in less is more. If you want the GT on there, what about centering it under the stinger script? Or maybe just under and to the right of the stinger script? I'm way to lazy to Photoshop that, but maybe Sal will fell generous and show us what it might look like.

10. Kia Stinger

Okay, I've got Photoshop opened. Can somebody send me a picture of the 3.3 and GT badges? Oh, @westcoastGT - could you send me a picture of the back of your Stinger head-on?

11. westcoastGT

This is the only one I have
    new rear_LI.jpg

12. westcoastGT

13. Kia Stinger

How's this?

3-3-stinger.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  14. Chris

Chris United States Stinger Enthusiast

MN
    Photoshop skills are good. Font looks wonky. IMO unless you can find the badge in the same font the GT is in, it just doesn't look right.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Kia Stinger

Thank you. I think maybe once he paints the 3.3T badge on puts it on the car - it will look better. I figured using the Genesis Motors 3.3T badge would work out best but the "GT" is quite unique. It will be difficult to find a perfect match...

16. westcoastGT

Thanks ! The Genesis font I ordered ( shown in post #12 ) is very linear and should work well , the GT and Stinger fonts are not the same either but work well together , Porsche use up to 3 separate fonts on on some cars and it works so I'll try it out and see ................the big change is the delete on the bumper reflectors , that changes the character of the car a lot . I'm still playing with the side refectors BUT am getting the sense that they actually help the design by balancing the length of the car . When I get something that looks OK I'll post up for input .

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017
  17. Kia Stinger

Yes, I think it's going to turn out looking very good. Let's see. Worst case scenario, you remove them. Keep us posted!

• Like Like x 1
  18. pdmit

pdmit Australia Newish Member

Here is mine black gloss badges tinted center of tail lights

Attached Files:

19. Weareblondi

Weareblondi United States Active Member Staff Member Moderator

florida
    from what i had found out, the taillights are hard to tint because of all the compound curves and angles. my tint guy said that the other option is to paint them. i will get back to everyone about pricing on that. i am trying to convince the mrs that the diffuser should be flat black or at least a matte black. if not, then how about body color. and, if i am not mistaken, gtandme has added sequential lights to the lower reflectors which look killer. also, i am a minimalist also, i pretty much debadge every car i have ever owned, i am petitioning the mrs to debadge the rear and move the stinger script dead center.

Draft saved Draft deleted