Bike rack?

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
.................not without a cut out notch in the rear bumper and the install of a trailer hitch . They have "fast back" on the glass types available from Thule as well

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Not going there with this car, ever. I'll disassemble my bike and stow it. I've done that once already. It isn't too bad. It will go a lot faster with familiarity.

MerlintheMad

10000 Posts Club!
West Jordan, Y00TAW
I have seen suction cup mounted bike carriers. They go on the roof and rear glass.
Suction cups! Horrors! I wouldn't do anything to encourage the paint "off"! And the glass, the sunroof: holy Hannah! the stress placed on the guide rails, the entire system, is problematic (especially in light of the noise complaints and the leaking, etc.). And I would never mount my bike on anything that depends on suction cups. The very idea is scary to the max. I don't like roof mounts categorically. Some of my most frightening "adventures" involved mounting the bike rack to the roof.

ScottM

Las Vegas, NV
Sorry...if you don't want to put the bike in the hatch with the seat down...you'll have to get rid of the bike. We will not allow you to mess with the sportyness look of the Stinger, that's just the way it is. :p:rofl:

But seriously, no suction cups! I'm thinking that's a disaster waiting to happen (assuming they'll be attached to the hatch glass). Then, then the hitch thing...no sir (as you said). Lastly, the roof rack fixture...maybe, nope. You'll just need to buy a beater to bring your bike to the park. I've added nothing to this conversation, sorry. BUT...good luck! :)

Chucky

South Carolina
You guys are wrong if used properly the suction cups will not harm your paint. The suction cup rack is called Seasucker; I've had one for years and used it with all of my road bikes and my mountain bike on a previously owned Black Genesis R Spec, my Black ML 350 and my current white G80. I've never experienced scratches or marks from the suction cups on the windshield, moon roof, roof or trunk... The suction cups come with covers to keep them clean, particulate free and keeps shape integrity. I wipe the area down with a moist microfiber cloth before attaching per recommendations. Would recommend this as a solution. Looking hard at a Stinger GT2 been on the forum researching, lots of great information here. IMG_3964.jpg IMG_3964.jpg IMG_3964.jpg View attachment 16399 View attachment 16399 View attachment 16399 View attachment 16399 and you have to make sure the surface is clean before attaching; I wipe it down with a moist microfiber towel prior.

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
You bring up interesting points. Just trying to see options for now. Ideally I’d like a removable trunk mount, but we will see what we find.
These will always cause abrasion marks , I dont reco them

Ruturaj

1000 Posts Club!
Raleigh, NC
I am thinking about quitting riding :whistle:.

I think, taking the wheels out is best idea for now. That's why I got the cargo tray (to hold the dirt from wheels). Will be taking front wheel off every time, till something better comes up.