Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Better Price If I Wait?

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by dgDVM, Sep 28, 2018.

1. dgDVM

dgDVM United States Member

I've been in the market for a GT2 for a little while now, but in no rush as I try to sell my other car. Is there any way to know if I'll get a better deal if I hold out?

For example, any special Kia incentives coming? Will the 2018s see any better pricing once 2019s show up?

On a side note, I've read all the speculation about 2018 vs 2019. Can anybody actually confirm the differences?

2. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States 1000 Posts Club!

The 2019 info is out on KIA's website, you can check there to see the difference in the packaging. The deals may get a bit better but choices might be limited. Dealers need to move their current inventory to make room for the 2019 so you can still get a great deal now.

3. Doel

Doel United States Active Member

I just put a down payment down on a GT1, from what I've seen the inventory on at least the GT1 has SIGNIFICANTLY shrunk in the last couple weeks and I couldn't find a single dealership willing to discount more than 10% off MSRP before rebates, I contacted almost 15.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Namuna

Namuna United States Member

Don't get too caught up on playing that waiting game for best deal, the more you obsess about it the more you'll probably worry afterwards that you should've waited longer (or not waited as long, or whatever).

Do you're pricing homework now (car pricing sites, these forums), then when you're ready to buy, then start calling the dealerships (do this first before you physically go to the dealer otherwise you'll waste a LOT of time haggling and likely not getting what you want) and finding out what they have in stock, if they have something you want you tell them you're willing to pay $xx,xxx for it. If they accept, great! Head over and get that Stinger that you just got at a great price! If not, call the next dealership.

Do it this way and you're the one in control of getting your price at your time.

Good luck!

5. Namuna

Namuna United States Member

Similar situation for me, I had a specific GT config I wanted (base GT, with AWD and in Micro Blue) and I had to go through 6 dealerships (including 1 out of state) before I found one that had it (they actually had to have it transported from another location and it had an extra package I didn't really want but I took it). They wouldn't got a nickel past 10% off MSRP (before incentives).

6. forzanerazzurri

forzanerazzurri Canada Active Member

There is no rush. The discounts are going to start coming now that the initial buzz has worn off. These cars will probably become harder to move now and at least 10% off MSRP should be what a buyer shoots for.

7. KiaofMuncie

KiaofMuncie United States Kia Dealership Stinger Dealer

8. Ruturaj

Ruturaj United States Active Member

10% off before incentives is 1,000 below invoice price for a dealer. Then incentives make to a very good price. I do think that incentives will climb up next month (after current ones are expired) by about 1-2k. Cars need to remain in stock as well since lots of newcomers to Stinger don't know about cash incentives and just jump even on 5% off MSRP or at MSRP with incentives.

9. Ruturaj

Also one thing I would like to add, how much do you consider 2019 worth more to you than 2018. For me, I would pay around 3K more to get 2019 by end of the year (The car costs 1300 more). I value the new features and hopefully fewer issues (rattles and paint issue).

10. Audible Silence

Audible Silence United States Active Member

Think I'm going to try and comparison shop 18 gt2 vs 19gt1. May the best dealer win

11. Kosh

Kosh United States Member

What did they add other than surround view monitor and wireless charging?

12. Ruturaj

Heated rear seats and $495 for a few colors. And car costs 790 to 1285 extra depending on what color you get.

13. dgDVM

dgDVM United States Member

Based on their website, it looks like maybe I'll be able to get the Panthera Metal in GT2? If so, that alone might be enough to make me wait.

Draft saved Draft deleted