Best way to handle bird poop

Jacques

STL Stinger Club
Saint Charles, MO
Leave it in the garage :laugh::p;)

Mine has been outside lately (garage being cleaned), so it's at the mercy of the elements, ie: bird poop and any tar from the oak tree partially covering it. :(

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

NS_Stinger

1000 Posts Club!
I wouldn't rub or dab anything on it especially since birds can pass small stones and stuff in their feces. I would blow it off with a hose or pressure washer, once most or all of it is gone then I'd hit it with some detailer and a microfiber cloth.

5tinger

Soak a tissue with water and lay on the spot. It should soften enough to then removed by rinsing off.

I use the Soft99 Fusso Coat 12 months wax which allows a few extra days before damage occurs.

oliver305

You can get bird poop stain off car with seltzer water, WD-40 or water and baking soda mixture. Spray the solution immediately on the bird droppings on the car, then wait five to ten minutes before cleaning them up.

Desmondo

Outside of full PPF, what you are doing ASAP is best.

You will likely have an occasional stain. Use clear safe compound, polish and seal/wax to fully remove.
bird mess is bad enough (pigeons worse ), but bat crap will take your gloss off and into your paint , high acid content ...looking at a new gloss coat

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

stoopid

1000 Posts Club!
Las Vegas, NV
The key to handling any potentially harmful paint contaminant is prompt removal and/or avoiding the contaminant in the first place (I don't park under trees as a general rule of thumb, for example). Bottled/filtered water is usually adequate for most things if the car's been recently waxed and/or ceramic coated.

Devin

1000 Posts Club!
Seattle-ish
I just had this issue on the decklid. Washed the whole car, gave the stains a good scrub with a car sponge, and they would just refuse to come off. What worked? Running water and my fingernails. Came right off.