1. PLEASE! It is VERY important that this area is not used for the discussion of technical issues with your Stinger. This section is for posting about regional-specific things like Stinger clubs, events, local vendor or dealer recommendations, KiaStinger.com member sightings, etcetera... In other words, I do NOT want people to need to scour through several different sections to find answers about their heads up display. That's why there's a section dedicated specifically to discussions like that. THANK YOU!
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Best Vendor for Shipping to Canada

Discussion in 'Canada Stinger Forum' started by NS_Stinger, Dec 11, 2018.

1. NS_Stinger

NS_Stinger Canada Stinger Enthusiast

Hi Canadians, I'm looking for the best Stinger vendor I can order the Eibach rear sway bar along with other parts from that won't leave me with a ridiculous unexpected customs/duties bill.

Who have you ordered from that has all those fees upfront or shipping in a way you avoided those fees?

2. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 5000 Posts Club!

Is there a close US border town that you can open a mailbox and have US sourced parts delivered to . I use Blaine Washington here , works great

3. SKStinger

SKStinger Canada Stinger Enthusiast

eBay as it discloses and you pay the import fees up front. That’s where I purchased my Eibach springs.

4. NS_Stinger

Great idea but that's way too much effort for just buying some parts here and there for personal use.

5. NS_Stinger

That would be great except that I haven't been able to find any ebay suppliers that ship just the rear bar to Canada, only a listing for both bars which I don't need.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. SKStinger

Try messaging the sellers to see if they’ll create a custom listing for you with just the rear sway. I’ve had luck with that in the past.

7. moinmoin

moinmoin Stinger Enthusiast

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. moinmoin

moinmoin Stinger Enthusiast

• Like Like x 1
  9. NS_Stinger

So that was obviously the first thing I did which resulted in one trusted looking vendor in Toronto who doesnt have it listed on their site.

10. NS_Stinger

11. Shadow1990

Shadow1990 Canada Newish Member

I use uniqperformance.ca , there based out of Milton, ON and all prices are in CAD and will disclose any shipping costs

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. SKStinger

Good find. I've also used Tdotperformance.ca

They have a smaller selection but a bit better pricing (free shipping).

Sadly for the OP, neither site has the individual sway bars

13. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada 1000 Posts Club!

Shipping to the border all the way for me, even if I have a 3 hour drive each way to retrieve my stuff - I consider it extra bonding time with the Stinger ... :thumbup: Hard to tell how that might work for you - it really helps if you add your location to your profile.

Most parts you can get free shipping in the U.S., and the cost to have them received and stored for pickup at the border is nominal. I usually pay 4 USD for normal sized packages, and I believe that covers storage up to 3 months. I typically will order a few things before a trip, to better cover the gas and time.

I've yet to pay any duty, (though that is a possibility with some special classes of goods), and you don't pay any brokerage bringing it over yourself. Depending on how busy they are, sometimes I get waved through and don't pay any tax (GST) either - another 5 percent saving here, considerably more in other provinces. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SKStinger

Interesting. I've never tried shipping to the border. How do you go about setting that up?

My folks are snowbirds so I usually get them to bring me back smaller items but this sounds appealing for larger things.

15. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada 1000 Posts Club!

There are two different outfits just a couple hundred meters over the border in Sweetgrass, Montana (my closest crossing) that provide basically the same service.

I typically use these guys - I just sent them an initial email to register, and that's all they required to put me on file. Once registered, whenever packages arrive with my name (using their shipping address) they send me an email that it's ready to pick up. I'm typically tracking it with the shipping company as well, anyway. They also have another location in Eureka, MT which is near another border crossing a little further west if I'm out that way.

Montana Shipping Outlet... Your U.S. shipping address

You don't mention your location in SK, but do a Google search for your nearest crossing and 'border shipping'. If there isn't a U.S. town and border shipping company right across from that border crossing, chances are pretty good there will be an outfit not too far down the road. :thumbup:

• Informative Informative x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted