kia stinger store

Best tires

JSolo

Stinger Enthusiast
Chicago
The nazi's (err leo's) in NC have kept me away for the last decade. Got my last ticket there for some bs. Cop had the nerve to search my car because he thought he'd find some drugs. Came up empty handed, just wasted my time. I'll visit KY, TN, GA, but won't step foot into NC :) Not to mention, moving road blocks on technical roads are a pain.

DeltaV

The nazi's (err leo's) in NC have kept me away for the last decade. Got my last ticket there for some bs. Cop had the nerve to search my car because he thought he'd find some drugs. Came up empty handed, just wasted my time. I'll visit KY, TN, GA, but won't step foot into NC :) Not to mention, moving road blocks on technical roads are a pain.
421 from Boone to Bristol (ooooh, Burger Bar!) gets fun starting in Tennessee.

turboAWD

1000 Posts Club!
West Coast
Michelin bought back my Grand Touring No-Season Radial Primacy A/S tires at 1000 miles because they couldn’t be brought to less than 40 lbs road force for some reason. So I spent the extra hundred bucks to get the Pilot Sport 4S in 245/255 to try to kill under steer a bit. Not bad tires. Not great. I wouldn’t have purchased them if I wasn’t limited to Michelin for the refund.

My RX-8 has 245 Bridgestone RE-71R and they are incredible for a street tire. No issues keeping up with C7 Z06, built Z4, or S2000 on twisty mountain roads, great feel, and darn good in the wet. They replaced Dunlop Direzza Star Specs that were just as well-behaved if more of a 8/10 tire vs the RE-71R’s 9/10.

Of course, the Stinger is a MUCH heavier car, so YMMV.

Let us know what you get and how they work out!

From what I've read, RE-71R is a great tire - better than the PS4 on the track - but it's also in the "extreme performance summer" category (ps4 is max performance, one level lower) and will faster wear than the ps4.

DeltaV

From what I've read, RE-71R is a great tire - better than the PS4 on the track - but it's also in the "extreme performance summer" category (ps4 is max performance, one level lower) and will faster wear than the ps4.
Yes.

Personally, if a tire lasts more than 25,000 miles on my RX-8, I’ll never buy them again.

Schroedes

If you want all season, I don't think you can beat the Continental DWS06.

I can't speak on summer tires personally for the Stinger, but the Michelin PS4S is known to be an outstanding performer.
The Conti's are amazing

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Waynerm002

2500 Posts Club!
Arizona
I found the BFG Comp 2 AS to be a great fit with my Stinger, granted I only had them for a couple of months but I did experience snow, sleet, pouring rain and a little of the Arizona heat. The tires performed great in all conditions and now there is the Plus version, which I heard improved the wet performance, not that it was bad but if you drive hard in rain, then having extra grip is always a good thing. What I really like is how quiet they were relative to the Michelins and they were also softer. BF Goodrich is a sister company of Michelin and while not seen as a tier one manufacturer, these were, to me just as grippy as the PS4.

turboAWD

1000 Posts Club!
West Coast
I found the BFG Comp 2 AS to be a great fit with my Stinger, granted I only had them for a couple of months but I did experience snow, sleet, pouring rain and a little of the Arizona heat. The tires performed great in all conditions and now there is the Plus version, which I heard improved the wet performance, not that it was bad but if you drive hard in rain, then having extra grip is always a good thing. What I really like is how quiet they were relative to the Michelins and they were also softer. BF Goodrich is a sister company of Michelin and while not seen as a tier one manufacturer, these were, to me just as grippy as the PS4.

My sister worked for BF Goodrich back in the day (before being bought by Michelin, and somewhat after). I got "employee certificates" and drove the crap out of 3 or 4 sets of Comp T/As (205-50-zr15s) on my '90 GTi 16v. Tried Kumho, Goodyear, Bridgestone, etc on various cars, and will be sticking with Michelin unless things really change. At least for road tires. For track, that's a different story.

DeltaV

My sister worked for BF Goodrich back in the day (before being bought by Michelin, and somewhat after). I got "employee certificates" and drove the crap out of 3 or 4 sets of Comp T/As (205-50-zr15s) on my '90 GTi 16v. Tried Kumho, Goodyear, Bridgestone, etc on various cars, and will be sticking with Michelin unless things really change. At least for road tires. For track, that's a different story.
BFG Comp T/A R1s! Hoo yeah!

Ran those on my 1993 RX-7 and really miss that combination…

Stinger GT SS

5000 Posts Club!
Sydney, NSW
For a summer performance tyre you can also consider Falken Azenis FK510 excellent wet & dry grip, good tyre life & well priced, IMO a good all round performance tyre for daily driving.

D.J.

Please ignore this moron’s flagrantly stupid disrespect for lane markings. It was the first good representation I found of the roads around here.
I tried.... I sincerely tried. but I couldn't ignore this guys blatant disregard for his lane

1637075853786.png

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

DeltaV

I tried.... I sincerely tried. but I couldn't ignore this guys blatant disregard for his lane

View attachment 65203
Absolutely. As I mentioned, this video shows a “moron’s flagrantly stupid disrespect for lane markings”, but it was a good representation of the roads in the area, which drives my selection of rubber.

I respect, appreciate, and completely agree with your assessment of the driver.

SEA Stinger

Seattle, Washington
My 2018 Stinger Premium and my 2022 GT-Iine both came with godawful Bridgestone Turanza all-season tires. I got rid of those ASAP and replaced them with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+'s on the Premium and A/S 4's on the GT-Line. The difference between the Bridgestones and the Michelins is like night and day. The Michelins feel stable, planted and responsive; they provide good feedback without being either harsh or mushy. It will be interesting to see if the A/S 4's provide better traction in snow than the A/S 3+'s did.

Last edited:
kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

StingertimeNC

Stinger Enthusiast
NC
Just got the Pilot Sort 4S on and they are great, but they need some heat. awesome on the track but I've realized just driving around daily that I simply cannot heat them up enough to really feel confident pushing the car. It is what it is. Just enjoy them in the summer and at the track, otherwise just cruising. Everything is a trade off. I'm thinking the A/S tires Like Conti's or Michelins would be a good bet for spirited daily driving all year around.

General_Vodka

1000 Posts Club!
Moon
My indie 500s didn't even last one year. Turned the rears to smoke. They actually are not that bad, I can take a stock WRX STI on the mountain roads. I am sure all the suspension mods I did helped me out a bunch.