Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Best paint protection films?

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Exterior Discussion' started by AV8R, Jun 13, 2018.

1. AV8R

AV8R Australia 2500 Posts Club! Staff Member Authorized Vendor Moderator

2. Stinger GT SS

Stinger GT SS Australia 1000 Posts Club!

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. AV8R

4. Stinger GT SS

The pic didn’t take, click on the link, I’m a digital dinosour.

5. AV8R

6. Stinger GT SS

7. AV8R

8. DCBStingerGT

DCBStingerGT Australia Stinger Enthusiast

I have Suntek Ultra PPF applied to my Stinger, top of the range film with self healing properties, 10 year limited warranty, happy with it so far after 2 months, have heard 3M and Xpel are good also.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Johnnyfive

Johnnyfive United States Active Member

Suntek and xpel are the top according to several installers I spoke to on this. 3m is a bit dated in their tech, according to the same sources. My xpel install is still flawless 6 months later.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada Stinger Enthusiast

My installer used Xpel and she swears by it (10 years install experience), saying the 3M product has improved, but still degrades over time. I solicited a few different quotes, and while most shops said they would install whatever I wanted, their preference was Xpel as well. I didn't hear any opinions on Suntek. If you google Xpel vs 3m vs Suntek you should have enough reading to keep you going for a while ... :)

I've only had the film on a few days, but am very pleased with the install - she took the time necessary, and really went the extra mile. The protected surfaces are smooth and clear as glass. Whichever way you go, make sure you get an experienced and well regarded installer to apply it. There are a lot of people getting into this looking for easy money, and setting up shop with virtually no experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Ucinn

Ucinn United States Stinger Enthusiast

I have the suntek also..10 year, slef healing..can't even tell it's on there..good stuff.

12. Rufus

Rufus United States 1000 Posts Club!

• Like Like x 1
  13. StingerGT68

StingerGT68 Stinger Enthusiast

How does the Xpel look on the hood? Is it completely wrapped underneath? I just dropped my Stinger off this morning for Xpel and the installer was shocked at how round the front of the hood is. He said he'll have to see what Xpel's software says about dealing with the curve in the hood. It's an excellent shop with Vettes, M3s and Lambos sitting around so I'm not too worried but wanted to hear your experience.

14. Johnnyfive

Johnnyfive United States Active Member

I am pretty sure it’s wrapped around underneath. I unfortunately just dropped her off for some body work due to dealer damage, so I unfortunately can’t check.

15. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada Stinger Enthusiast

Surprised that he was shocked at the hood being curved - it's certainly not unique to the Stinger. This was the first Stinger that my installer had done, but she has 10 years of experience in film application and it presented no challenges. It was labour intensive, as this car has a lot of individual pieces for the front end/bumper area.

All the edges were wrapped around, and there are no wrinkles, bubbles or imperfections of any kind that I can see, and I've been over it pretty carefully (this was Xpel film). Very pleased with the install.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Never thought

Never thought United States Stinger Enthusiast

I have Suntek Ultra PPF. All the places I got quotes from said it was the best with xpel very close. 10 year warranty, doesn’t yellow, self heals. I got it on the car the second week I owned it. I’ve had it 8 months and I live in the desert with lots of rocks, and not a scratch on it. Highly recommend it. I’ll get it on every car I own in the future. I have my full front covered

• Like Like x 1
  17. bumble bee

bumble bee United States 1000 Posts Club! Sustaining Member

Pretty good paint protection. Suntek Ultra was used? Illinois have to take a gander.

18. Ucinn

Ucinn United States Stinger Enthusiast

I have the Suntek also..got it 2 weeks after having the car and no chips except for the two small ones on the bumper that were there before they put it on. That stuff works pretty good. Someone rubbered against the fender and scuffed it there, after a couple days you can't even tell it was scuffed, it is pretty amazing stuff.

19. StingerGT68

StingerGT68 Stinger Enthusiast

Just picked mine up after the Xpel application. Looks great! He said Xpel's template cut for the Stinger was perfect (obviously). I see a few tiny bubbles here and there, he said those will go away over the next few days as the wrap cures. But if any don't go away he said to swing by again and they'll fix them in a few minutes.

Overall very happy and now I won't cringe every time I see a dump truck in front of me!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Zhon

Zhon Australia New Member

I'm in Sydney. How much is it to install on the whole car or parts of the car with Suntek or Xpel? Any recommendations? Who is this 10 year experienced lady? Is she in Sydney?

Draft saved Draft deleted