Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Best negotiation prices on 2019 GT2/GT1

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by StingerHopeful, Oct 30, 2019.

1. StingerHopeful

StingerHopeful United States Member

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to buy a new GT2 or GT1 ceramic silver by the end of the year. I'm wondering what is the best % I should be looking at for negotiation. I know 10% off MSRP is pretty standard but is anyone seeing 15% or even 20% for 2019 models? I was assuming since the year is closing out dealers will be playing ball but I just got off the phone and the salesman said $3000 off is the best deal he has seen across country so I just hung up.

2. CVD

CVD United States Member

I was negotiating with two high-volume dealers at the end of the month and quarter. They were both pretty willing to play ball but right around 11-11.5% off MSRP they both basically shut down so I think that was their razors edge for margin. This was at the end of September so you never know what new incentives dealers get.

3. StingerHopeful

StingerHopeful United States Member

Yeah, right now I'm shooting for 12%, especially since its close to end of year. I think they will play ball but don't want to lose out then be stuck with used 19's.

4. BTA

BTA United States Member

I just drove home a GT2. RWD. $40k. I think it’s a great price. No financing required. I have been trying to get a good deal for a year.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ReGT2rx

ReGT2rx United States Newish Member

Wow, what was he dealer discount before Kia incentives?

• Like Like x 1
  6. G-924479

G-924479 Guest

The web page showed a $4600 dealer discount plus the rebate of $3k. I email them for their best price and came back at $40k plus dealer fee of $250.00.with the MSRP at $52350 it's a good deal I think. It will be a model year old come March but no visible changes for the 2020 except for GTS trim.

I drove 2 hours and drove it home.
    The car had been in the showroom for months I think and only 12 miles on the odo. The gray interior is nice. I have 2 other KIAs and both have great. The Stinger I hope proves to be also.
    Thanks much. I love this forum already. Much info to be had.

• Like Like x 1
  7. namja

namja Active Member Sustaining Member +

Did you finance this?
    Also, are you BTA?

8. Coolrunning39

Coolrunning39 United States Member

Currently leasing either a white or metal colored GT2 for $37998 before taxes($900). Working out details this week.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Billy M

Billy M United States Active Member

Wow hell of a deal!!! Where??

10. me&stinger

me&stinger Active Member

That's an incredible price for a (new?) GT2, even if that's before the license/taxes/title/etc. If that was the OTD price, that's super super incredible!

11. ReGT2rx

Care to share if this deal went through, and how you managed it? I think it'd be helpful for me and others looking to score end-of-year deals. Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. progers280

progers280 United States Newish Member

While I could have squeezed a few hundred more out of it, I ended up with $37,331 on a GT2 AWD (2 year lease then buyout) prior to taxes, fees, and the extra warranty protection. I basically identified which dealers within my max radius of 300 miles had the spec I wanted. They were all the same car minus minor details like floor mats and small added options. There were 5 cars total. The one furthest away bit first on giving me numbers, as I communicated through a phone call that I wasn't driving out there without some numbers first. Took a couple of attempts, but closer to the end of the month I started making progress. I knew my bottom line target, and first asked for a little less than that. Told them if they could meet it, I would be on my way to sign. One dealer refused to go less than $2k off, but 2 other dealers came with decent initial offers. That signaled they were looking to deal. I went to my closest dealership in person to sit down and negotiate from the strongest initial offer Friday morning. After a little back and forth that involved text exchanges with the other dealers (I made sure they knew I was dealing with multiple parties), I got 2 bottom line numbers that were both below the acceptable target price I set. I went with the dealer where I was that was a few hundred dollars higher, knowing that I would be saving about 6 hours of extra driving to get the lowest price. I planned on doing this as late in the month as possible, and with as many like options as could be found. There are still likely to be some deals out there, depending on the stock in the area. My car was a earlier 2019 build, so I knew it was in inventory for a while.

• Like Like x 2
  13. namja

I would've definitely foregone driving 6 hours too! Grats!

14. Ticketmaster

Ticketmaster United States Newish Member

I got two different dealers to offer $9,500 off of sticker for a 2019 GT2. The first dealer offered it up as their first offer. The second dealer offered $8,651 at first. They said there is a military discount however that doesn't apply to me. I told them if they met the $9,500 I'd buy from them and they agreed.

Attached Files:

15. NIU_Huskies

NIU_Huskies United States Member

Does $36,500 seem like a good price on a 2019 GT1 AWD? Over $9,000 off MSRP and another $3,000 off from Kia cash back offer.

16. ReGT2rx

You looking to buy? If you're leasing, the $3k doesn't apply as a cap cost reduction. If you're buying, sounds like a good price, 25% off MSRP

17. NIU_Huskies

NIU_Huskies United States Member

Buy and finance. I've never leased before but if there are better deals to be had in leasing i would consider it.

18. ReGT2rx

I think best deals on this car are done via early lease buy out. I think you should look into it, some good info on it in this forum. It allows you to bypass the low residual, which I believe is artificially set low by Kia as a conservative estimate to not lose money at lease end, and the high money Factor/ interest rate, while still reaping the benefits of the high lease cash incentives they offer.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. namja

Yep. I just signed a deal for an effective ~29% off before tax (zero due at signing) for my GT2 awd

Draft saved Draft deleted