kia stinger store

Been called out by an M340i xdrive

Lashey

Update. Just had my brake snip mode. Ridiculous upgrade. I'm still not ised to it and managed to crush my previous best.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211013-221143.jpg
    Screenshot_20211013-221143.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20211013-221342.jpg
    Screenshot_20211013-221342.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 55

DekCan

Do BMW, Audi or Mercede drivers actually own there cars or they just leasing them for status? I've had people say to me "but it's a Kia," mine's an Audi. I just laugh and tell them they overpaid. When they find out what I paid for my Stinger with a 8/200km bumper to bumper warranty, there jaws drop.
That's funny cause my buddy leases his BMW lol

Kamauxx

5000 Posts Club!
BMW leases are very cheap. They lease for way cheaper than Audi, Mercedes, and Lexus. BMW subsidizes it's leases, which keeps prices low.

If the dude with the M340 is leasing I wouldn't be surprised if we found out his monthly payment is alot less than what folks are thinking.

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Intelliburn

Central Ohio
In Canada, the M340 is about $68K (assuming it has no extras) 2yr lease with $5K down makes it around $760/month - and that a low mileage lease (16K KM/Year)
Money down the toilet. All that just for the ‘right’ to drive a badge name around with nothing to show for it. On top of that hoping they don’t ding you with something at the end of the term. SMH

Lashey

In Canada, the M340 is about $68K (assuming it has no extras) 2yr lease with $5K down makes it around $760/month - and that a low mileage lease (16K KM/Year)

It's much worse than that. You did not make sure the freight, PDI and taxes were applied. Choosing Quebec as a province, picking up the most basic 340i xdrive along with the M package, with a $5000 down payment, 48 months lease, 16,000km (10,000 miles per year), it's $958 per month.

Attachments

• mostbasic.PNG
    mostbasic.PNG
    522.2 KB · Views: 12

Intelliburn

Central Ohio
It's much worse than that. You did not make sure the freight, PDI and taxes were applied. Choosing Quebec as a province, picking up the most basic 340i xdrive along with the M package, with a $5000 down payment, 48 months lease, 16,000km (10,000 miles per year), it's $958 per month.

Attachments

• D4EA4072-262B-4F46-96C3-73D4A66496F3.gif
    D4EA4072-262B-4F46-96C3-73D4A66496F3.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 20

RedCal

1000 Posts Club!
Toronto, ON
I did Ontario numbers too, so ya... you are correct

Kamauxx

5000 Posts Club!
Looks like Canada/U.S. pricing is reversed for BMWs and Kias. If I remember correctly you all's Stingers are quite a bit cheaper than ours. As a consolation we get cheap bimmers.

I'd love to know what people across Europe pay for German vs Korean vehicles.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

RedCal

1000 Posts Club!
Toronto, ON
Looks like Canada/U.S. pricing is reversed for BMWs and Kias. If I remember correctly you all's Stingers are quite a bit cheaper than ours. As a consolation we get cheap bimmers.

I'd love to know what people across Europe pay for German vs Korean vehicles.
We pay more for most cars, the Stinger is the only car I of know of where we are close or better than the US market For example The 3L Supra is $68k here... the other difference however is "dealer markups" are illegal here... MSRP, is MSRP

Last edited:

Lashey

Update:

I grabbed my Sunoco 96 octane during launch time. The old gentleman who sold it to me was a very nice person. He basically do competition in all class. Nascar type, Porsche GT3 cup, etc. Had a great time talking to him. Meanwhile, I now have 10 gallons of the stuff. My plan is to burn my half tank of 91 as much as I can before Sunday, take to the road to get there with the low fuel warning indicator already visible and hopefully I'll have burned the rest of it or close to it. I'll then pour in a 5 gallons of 96. I plan to keep the other one for another day :D

GennyGuy

Hi all,

Here's the update you've all been waiting for.

So I arrived in the parking lot at around 7:30am. Sure enough I spotted his car in the parking lot. I go inside, grab my coffee mug and went to clean it before pouring myself a nespresso. Usually at that time he's sitting on a table with a couple of co-workers next to the kitchen sink. This morning though, he wasn't there. One of his co-worker was at the table though. So I asked him "Hey man, what's up? How was your weekend?" We proceeded to chit chat a bit then straight up asked him "Hey by the way where's (let's call him) Nick?"

"Oh he was there 2 minutes ago but he suddenly left in a hurry for some reason"

I don't think my car is that loud nor did I arrive in the parking lot being loud so I thought it was all just coincidence. I then just finished cleaning my mug then proceeded to pour that coffee. Shit, I forgot my cloth at the sink. I go back there but co-worker A isn't there anymore. I thought this was a bit surprising since the time it took to leave and get back was 30 seconds at most and he was at the table, settled in with his laptop on it and his mug. Anyway....

Arrives 10am, I decide to go outside for a break with some colleagues. Lo and behold, again, he's not there. This time, not a single of his buds there. So I'm like jeez, what are the odds. I laugh a bit in my head then walk inside. Direction: Second floor, where he works.

I arrive at the second floor and walk towards his desk. Again, he's not there! At that point I telling myself "Freaking hell is he trying to avoid me?" So I think of where he could be. I'm looking at the windows and I spot his car. Ok, he's still there, I'm telling myself. So that means he's probably at the lounge.

So I get there. Freaking finally, I see him. Only, he's not seeing me. He's curently facing the opposite direction, talking loudly as usual to his buds. I'm approaching. One of his buds sees me. His face gets all serious and he kinds of do a gesture to the others. The other co-worker stops looking at Nick and he does this awkward face. Nick then stops right in the middle of his sentence and says "Is he behind me?" and then I hear a very small and faint "yeeeeeeep".

So he turns around, sees me and says something along the lines of: "Hey pal! Sorry I didn't have the time to get there! I had something urgent to do on our terrain, something I had to take care of asap. Really sorry about that!"

I'm like "It's all good man! I had some real fun! It was a blast. I love going there and---"

a**hole interrupts me and says: "Didn't lose too much I hope? I assume you beat some WRX at the very least?"

So then I tell him my kills, all about the C43, the S4 and the S5, the 1 race I beat the Y model with performance package.

He's like: "Pffft listen no need to lie, you just didn't beat the C43, it's a 12.3 seconds car. You're doing what, 13s?"

Me: "Hum no, I managed to do a 12.29 against another Stinger, which wasn't tuned, which did a 12.46."

"LOL" All 3 starts to laugh. "Yeah ok surething"

I show them the slip.

Stooge A: "That's right around what you------"

Nick: "Yeah I know shut up. I did better last time"

Me: "Oh you went to the dragstrip before? That's cool. Too bad we missed each other. In fact it would have been great if you were there. At the same time I'm kind of glad because I was on costco 91 all day and had bad ignition timing all day."

No one talks. It gets awkward a bit...

Nick: "Well we can always try again next weekend".

Stooge A (Stooge B isn't very talkative): "But didn't you said last Sunday was the last one this year?"

Nick: "Shit that's right it's real too bad huh? Since you don't wanna street I guess we'll have to wait until next year"

As they start walking back, I tell them: "Good news then, the season in prolonged for one more weekend..."

They all stop, like, a really bad news just hit their heads and they don't know how to react.

I continue: "That's awesome guys, we'll get to figure this out this year!"

Co-worker B finally talks: "I agree. I wanna see that race!"

Both Stooge A and Nick look annoyed.

Nick: "Ahah yeah, is that so?"

Me: "Yeah and I just might have proper fuel this time, and also maybe even the brake snip mod."

Nick: "What's a brake snip"

Me: "No worry. Just another one of those useless mod, like you told me last week. Anyway, see ya guys, let's keep up to date shall we?

I leave and as I walk away I hear Nick asking his guys "The f*ck is a brake snip mod?!?"

So yeah, that's pretty much it for now. I just hope he won't choke. Not sure if he really had this urgent thing to do last weekend, but if he's not showing up this time, I won't even bother again lol
Epic

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

cncBilly

1000 Posts Club!
North Vancouver

jerryyas5

So this guy at my job called me out, saying he would destroy my car either from a dig or a roll. Didn’t matter to him. I said « Sure, entirely possible ». But then he went on about how it wasn’t « possible » but a « certainty » and blah blah blah b58 or something. Kept pushing me into racing him on the street but that’s not my thing so I proposed we race on the closest drag strip this weekend. Obviously he accepted and then kept messaging me on Teams about how he’ll gap me.

Anyway, in case it wasn’t obvious enough, he’s kind of a dick. Still, I’m a bit worried. I mean, M340i xdrive are no joke. I didn’t ask for this and I feel like he’ll keep being a dick if I lose to him.

As far as I know, he has a catback on his car and that’s about it. On my hand, I have denso plugs, aem intakes, velossa tech snorkels, ark mid downpipes, mbrp catback and a jb4. Last time I did a quarter mile, I ran 12.3 @ 113 using map 2 but I did not have any modified intakes nor the snorkels. I feel like the car is perceptibly faster now with them installed. Haven’t tried a quarter mile yet but my 0-60 has been improved. In fact, my current map 1 0-60 (3.9s with 1ft roll) is faster than my previous map 2 0-60 (4.05s with 1ft roll) without the intakes/snorkels.

I’m going for map 2 for the race. I was maybe even considering map 3. I do not have access to E85 here. Only 91 but I was thinking about adding some mmt octane booster like VP Racing or boostane. Do you guys think this could be doable?

Anyway, what do you guys think? Do I stand a chance?
cut the brake switch wire, loose the stock snorkels and a race chip should sting him well. i lost running stock against some kind of turbocharged 2 door bmw. his boost was soo max up that black smoke was coming out the tail pipe. follow the istungu guy on this form. he race’s everything with his stock gt2. u can see what it do. i cant wait to hit the track. i be killing those scatpats and 39whos, even when i give them a head start i still sting them

jerryyas5

cut the brake switch wire, loose the stock snorkels and a race chip should sting him well. i lost running stock against some kind of turbocharged 2 door bmw. his boost was soo max up that black smoke was coming out the tail pipe. follow the istungu guy on this form. he race’s everything with his stock gt2. u can see what it do. i cant wait to hit the track. i be killing those scatpats and 39whos, even when i give them a head start i still sting them
cutting the brake switch wire ( burnout switch) with traction and stability control off lets u brake boost to 3000 rpm before the tires peal out …. wayyyyy better then the 1500 rpm launch control

cncBilly

1000 Posts Club!
North Vancouver
:eek:Nothing like comments from the late comers crowd.

Kamauxx

5000 Posts Club!

My chronological reactions while reading this...
:oops::geek::cautious::laugh::rofl::whistle::lipsaresealed::thumbup: