kia stinger store

BCW Not Working at Second Day of Ownership

StingerLove

Newish Member
Hello all. So my wife and I purchased our 2019 Kia Stinger 2.0T just 3 days ago and after a total of 220 miles the BCW is disabling and I get the Master Warning triangle icon. I do intend on bringing it to the dealership for service, however it’s a holiday weekend and Kia service doesn’t re-open for 2 more days and I CANNOT stand seeing the warning light after only 3 days of driving. In addition to the warning light and message on my instrument cluster the right turn signal is not flashing at the proper interval it’s much faster. I’ve seen turn signal blink this way on older vehicles when a bulb is out, but this is not the case, both front and back turn signals are good bulbs. As I stated, I do plan on bringing to the dealership but I was hoping I could get some feedback here. I know e couple other(s) in this forum have mentioned this issue but never said anything about turn signal flashing rapidly. If anyone has encountered this problem and could shed some light on my situation I would be very appreciative.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Or radar interference, or microwave interference.

You can still drive the car. Just turn all the "nannies" off until you get everything checked out.

StingerLove

Newish Member
You may have a faulty or dirty sensor.
Thanks for the feedback. We brought it to the dealership they didn’t find any codes but did re-calibrated the BCW they said. They call me and tell me it’s fixed and they couldn’t find anything wrong. I get to the dealership and finally get the keys, and as I’m backing out, BOOM same issue. So of course, they immediately hook up the computer and now there’s a code. Hopefully, the issue will be resolved the second time around. Even with this minor set-back and even though we still don’t have our car in the driveway, we cannot wait to have “her” back. Once the problem is diagnosed and resolved, I will post an update to help any other Stinger owners who may have this problem. Thanks again!

StingerLove

Newish Member
So here’s an update...My “brand new, less than 330 mile, 2019 Kia Stinger” is STILL at the dealership, SINCE TUESDAY! The “master techs” who are responsible for fixing my car are waiting on a second response from tech support over in Korea. Their (tech support) first solution didn’t work, so now on Friday afternoon we wait for a second response....stay tuned....

zzplaysfaster

Hi All,

I was searching for an issue similar to mine. The description above is the same issue my 2019 Stinger 2.0 is having. BCW won't work and the right turn signal blinks super-fast. It's been at Kia for almost 2 weeks now. They fixed and replaced a part and did everything Korea tech support told them to do but the problem was still there. At this point it sounds like they really don't know what to do but my guess is the car I drive and the OP's must've been produced at the same time.

Anybody else have this issue?

stoopid

Stinger Enthusiast
Las Vegas, NV
Hi All,

I was searching for an issue similar to mine. The description above is the same issue my 2019 Stinger 2.0 is having. BCW won't work and the right turn signal blinks super-fast. It's been at Kia for almost 2 weeks now. They fixed and replaced a part and did everything Korea tech support told them to do but the problem was still there. At this point it sounds like they really don't know what to do but my guess is the car I drive and the OP's must've been produced at the same time.

Anybody else have this issue?
Reasonable conclusion. Defective parts are often produced, distributed, and installed in batches. This is of course by design so they can possibly trace an issue to a bad batch, and issue a recall for only the vehicles who had parts installed from that batch (versus all models of that year or who share that part). Guessing the issue is isolated or maybe there's an internal, non-recall tech bulletin for the problem. The dealer or someone with access to all the tech bulletins would know.

zzplaysfaster

two weeks and the dealer service dept. still has no clue. I'm probably going to have to pick it up this week with the problem still not solved. Tried searching to see if OP listed a resolution in the forum and didn't find one.

Side point I haven't told the dealer yet is that the car is going to CarMax once I get it back. We sold our home and are in the middle of buying a new one (new build ready in September) but the Stinger was killing my DTI ratio. CarMax says they'll give me near $25K for it, which I thought was a good deal and I'd only be out of pocket by about $3K when I thought I 'd have to write a $9K-$10K check to dump it after getting screwed by Jenkins Kia when I bought it in 2019, but since the car was still under warranty I wanted to get everything fixed/serviced so that CarMax didn't try to short me.