Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Base Model 200S LED Headlamp Upgrade

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Lighting - Inside and Out' started by stevearm77, Oct 3, 2018.

1. stevearm77

stevearm77 Australia New Member

Hey, hey!! First post :)

I'm an Aussie, just took delivery of our 200S Stinger two weeks ago, very happy with it indeed.
    Only let down was the poor lighting from the stock halogen HB3 Bulbs. I successfully converted them to some really good HB3 LED "Copper Heads" that use a group of copper "tails" for cooling the unit instead of the bulky fan & heat-sink.The advantage is they will fit into smaller headlight housings & sealed units with the copper tails being fully flexible, plus the light they emit exactly matches the color of the DRL's so it looks much better than stock.
    I'll leave a link in a reply of the exact units i purchased when i'm allowed to post links, they are a really great seller who I've bought from in the past.
    If you have the base model Stinger like me, i seriously recommend this upgrade. Cheers :)

Capture.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  2. Stinger GT SS

Stinger GT SS Australia 1000 Posts Club!

Hi @stevearm77, welcome to the forum & congratulations on your new Stinger, to the best of my knowledge you are the first Aussie on here with a 200S, enjoy your new ride.
    Can you please also add your general location & State to your avatar.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OliverNuther

OliverNuther Australia Stinger Enthusiast

Hi Steve. Welcome to the forum. I lived for many years in Rocky and still have family up there. I’m heading up on the weekend as a matter of fact for my nephew’s 21st. If you see a red GT getting around on Saturday arvo, that’ll be me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. stevearm77

stevearm77 Australia New Member

Cheers mate. Crazy that no matter where I go there's always someone from Rocky around :)
    Yeah best if you get up here this weekend before the dreaded Summer humidity sets in :( I'm really not looking forward to it this year, you just never get used to it. I love the winters here though, absolutely perfect.
    I'll keep my eye out for a red GT for sure mate, if you see a silver 200S that's me!!
    Cheers :)

5. Kozambo

Kozambo United States New Member

Hi! I have a base 2.0 awd back here in the states... Illinois, 60 miles south of Chicago. Had Audi’s before, love to have a great alternative. I have the same issue as you: I’m spoiled by LED and Zenon lights in past cars. Anyone in the states know of a good upgrade to the standard halogens?

Draft saved Draft deleted