Base Model 200S LED Headlamp Upgrade

Hey, hey!! First post :)

I'm an Aussie, just took delivery of our 200S Stinger two weeks ago, very happy with it indeed.
Only let down was the poor lighting from the stock halogen HB3 Bulbs. I successfully converted them to some really good HB3 LED "Copper Heads" that use a group of copper "tails" for cooling the unit instead of the bulky fan & heat-sink.The advantage is they will fit into smaller headlight housings & sealed units with the copper tails being fully flexible, plus the light they emit exactly matches the color of the DRL's so it looks much better than stock.
I'll leave a link in a reply of the exact units i purchased when i'm allowed to post links, they are a really great seller who I've bought from in the past.
If you have the base model Stinger like me, i seriously recommend this upgrade. Cheers :)

Capture.JPG

Stinger GT SS

5000 Posts Club!
Sydney, NSW
Hi @stevearm77, welcome to the forum & congratulations on your new Stinger, to the best of my knowledge you are the first Aussie on here with a 200S, enjoy your new ride.
Can you please also add your general location & State to your avatar.

OliverNuther

1000 Posts Club!
Brisbane, Australia
Hi Steve. Welcome to the forum. I lived for many years in Rocky and still have family up there. I’m heading up on the weekend as a matter of fact for my nephew’s 21st. If you see a red GT getting around on Saturday arvo, that’ll be me.

Hi Steve. Welcome to the forum. I lived for many years in Rocky and still have family up there. I’m heading up on the weekend as a matter of fact for my nephew’s 21st. If you see a red GT getting around on Saturday arvo, that’ll be me.
Cheers mate. Crazy that no matter where I go there's always someone from Rocky around :)
Yeah best if you get up here this weekend before the dreaded Summer humidity sets in :( I'm really not looking forward to it this year, you just never get used to it. I love the winters here though, absolutely perfect.
I'll keep my eye out for a red GT for sure mate, if you see a silver 200S that's me!!
Cheers :)

Kozambo

Bradley, IL
Hi! I have a base 2.0 awd back here in the states... Illinois, 60 miles south of Chicago. Had Audi’s before, love to have a great alternative. I have the same issue as you: I’m spoiled by LED and Zenon lights in past cars. Anyone in the states know of a good upgrade to the standard halogens?

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
How the f__- do you get these in?!?! May have to pull the headlight assembly.......tried (unsuccessfully)to put the driver side in......grrrrrr not a ggodway to start super bowl sunday.

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
I'm installing these soon as the weather warms up past 60 degrees
https://www.amazon.com/BEAMTECH-Hea...WZPGKC421EC&psc=1&refRID=058QA4AD104CX5FA2KTR
How the f__- do you get these in?!?! May have to pull the headlight assembly.......tried (unsuccessfully)to put the driver side in......grrrrrr not a goodway to start super bowl sunday.
Well they are in, word to the wise, each lamp needs to be put in a vise and 3/4's of an inch gets grinded off (fins above the smallest insert tab on the headlamp.) After that it's all plug an play, these are white light bright!! They are far and away the best upgrade I have done....One more thing the plastic grid and white packing need to go to fit the weather cover back in place......This is a base model upgrade, I have no idea what a gt will take or if upgrades are necessary at all.

Well they are in, word to the wise, each lamp needs to be put in a vise and 3/4's of an inch gets grinded off (fins above the smallest insert tab on the headlamp.) After that it's all plug an play, these are white light bright!! They are far and away the best upgrade I have done....One more thing the plastic grid and white packing need to go to fit the weather cover back in place......This is a base model upgrade, I have no idea what a gt will take or if upgrades are necessary at all.
Sorry you had so much trouble with your install.
The Copper Head LED's that I purchased were a 10min job to install with no modification whatsoever.
The flexible copper "tails" they have just get tucked back into the headlamp assembly giving a perfect fit.

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
Sorry you had so much trouble with your install.
The Copper Head LED's that I purchased were a 10min job to install with no modification whatsoever.
The flexible copper "tails" they have just get tucked back into the headlamp assembly giving a perfect fit.
yeah....it gave me fits when I first tried the install.....pretty happy with the lights ....one thing the stinger was lacking imho....night (life) light,lol