Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Bad Baierl Kia Pittsburgh

Discussion in 'The Stinger Dealership Experience' started by DBizzer15, Jan 22, 2019.

1. DBizzer15

DBizzer15 United States Newish Member

So not sure if anyone has run into this before, but the dealership I leased my car through has just abruptly closed and the ownership group has scrubbed it from its website. I know the lease is through Kia Motor Finance, but now they had promised free oil changes for life, etc. Poof, gone. I find it bizarre that they sent out no notifications whatsoever. Has anyone else had anything like this happen to them? I haven't even gotten my first oil change yet....

2. mldavis2

mldavis2 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Sounds like a call to the Stinger VIP number might produce some understanding. They are trying to whip their dealers into shape.

3. POS VETT

POS VETT United States Active Member

Oil change is just a means to an end and it's rarely for the benefit of the customers. Don't despair. If the dealership that sold me my car was to disappear overnight, I would not worry at the slightest.

4. DBizzer15

I should try that tomorrow. I mean even if the dealer group said they could service the vehicle. There's no way anyone there was trained to do warranty repairs and whatnot.

I understand I can get an oil change anywhere, but it just seems like whatever dealer I go to went feel any reason to treat me decently because I didn't but from then... Guess I'm just old fashioned...

5. mldavis2

As a former service manager, I think most shops (which are separate from sales) don't care where you bought the car. They get paid exactly the same to perform warranty work if needed, and they are earning your business as a paying customer. Most Stingers are not running around with dealer stickers or logos on them, so the shop wouldn't know where you bought it unless they dug into the computer records or asked sales. They have no reason to do that.

6. TODDK

TODDK United States Member

I tried to buy a Stinger here and just couldn't get straight answer from the sales manager. Good luck to you

7. DBizzer15

I'm just stuck in an awkward position. Do I go to what is now their Acura dealership to get oil changes because they're free or just pay out of pocket to another Kia dealership. I'll probably get oil changes at that Acura dealership but take to a Kia dealership for any actual engine/drivetrain/mechanical issues.

8. mldavis2

That's exactly what I would do. Aside from routine maintenance, don't let anyone touch your Stinger but trained techs.

9. DBizzer15

Ok now this has gotten even worse. The dealership calls me today on the day of my oil change and tells me they sold me the wrong lifetime oil change program and that I'll have to pay the difference between the premium oil change and a regular oil change. This place is awful ...

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  10. TODDK

I would not let that happen. They should eat that cost.

11. mldavis2

Tell them to take it out of the ignorant salesman's commission.

12. TODDK

I would also suggest if they will not do the "premium" oil changes ask for the money back and do them yourself. You can insure that the oil is change correctly then.

Draft saved Draft deleted