kia stinger store

B pillar rubbing noise

AubieTigers

Newish Member
Not sure where to post this, but here we go. I drove almost 400 miles to get my stinger and on the way home I went through an area with no cell service. I typically only listen to YouTube music and decided to just listen to the car for a while. Well very quickly I noticed what sounds like two body panels rubbing against each other with each twist of the road coming from the B pillar. Has anyone else heard this? Radio off, comfort on, and windows closed windows closed, it's the loudest thing I heard. It peaks louder than road noise. Don't get me wrong, it's not super loud, but the cabin is so quiet it really sticks out to me. Any ideas? TIA!!

CeramicGT001

Stinger Enthusiast
Maryland

Its a common issue on all years, comes from the rubber door seals moving when going over bumps in the road. Lubing the rubber seals with Shin-Etsu Grease or Sil-glyde or any other rubber trim grease should help alleviate or eliminate the noise. Other owners have tried more involved fixes, the grease works for me.

AubieTigers

Newish Member

Its a common issue on all years, comes from the rubber door seals moving when going over bumps in the road. Lubing the rubber seals with Shin-Etsu Grease or Sil-glyde or any other rubber trim grease should help alleviate or eliminate the noise. Other owners have tried more involved fixes, the grease works for me.
Thanks!!