Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

3.3TT AVAILABLE NOW... SSR PERFORMANCE Power Pack 3 Development!

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by SSR Performance, Jul 13, 2018.

1. SSR Performance

SSR Performance United States Member Authorized Vendor

[​IMG]

BUY OUR PRODUCTS HERE!

--> BUY NOW <--

Dear Stinger owner,

Let the gains begin...

Today at SSR Performance we embarked on a journey... we set off on a mission to bring you guys, the new generation of Kia Stinger GT 3.3TT owners, the best in performance. Our pledge to the Kia Stinger community is to not only provide value but also to bring you guys the absolute finest in quality that we have to offer. With our current production schedule being 100% on track for this platform, we are beyond excited for what the near future holds!

We ask you guys to join us on our journey to creating something amazing as we use this thread as an open dialogue to stay connected with the most important person there is to us, you. We want to hear from you whether you have an idea, a spur of the moment thought, or even just a simple hello.

Started in Southern California by Zayn and I, SSR Performance began as an aftermarket automotive parts manufacturer. With our Mechanical and Aerospace engineering backgrounds, designing parts was second nature. Along with the sale of parts came the undeniable need for a location to be able to install these parts. With over 10 years of combined automotive expertise between us, the decision was made to open SSR Performance's first location in beautiful Orange County, CA. Today SSR Performance is a thriving business that takes care of any and all aftermarket modifications, repairs, and upgrades on all new model vehicles. As they say, the apple doesn't fall from the tree, it just so happens that Zayn is an ex-test engineer for KIA North America. So not only are we able to offer our solutions with our general engineering knowledge but we are also able to tackle them with direct first hand working experience.

If you are in the market for aftermarket performance parts for your Kia Stinger GT 3.3TT, look no further. We promise you that our products will be worth the wait. Keep an eye out here and on our Instagram (@SSRperformance) to stay up to date with our day to day development progress!

So whether you're new to the modification world or a 5 car veteran, we hope to hear from you and learn each and everyday so that we can help you do what we do best.... modify, tune, and repeat!

Just to let you know.. I have created a page on our website that will keep all the essential information regarding our upcoming products for the Stinger GT 3.3TT all in one place. The forums are great for conversation of course, but this page will be an easy one-stop informational learner page for people who are seeing this thread for the first time since scrolling through page after page isn't the most efficient way to quickly learn about our products.

ALSO, I have added in a form on that same page for you guys to be able to provide your direct contact information for the specific products that you guys are interested in so that I can notify you guys immediately as soon as the product(s) are available for sale on our website!

MAJOR UPDATE:

Hey everyone!

Hope you are all doing well! I know it's been a bit overdue, but you know what they say... all good things come to those who wait This is no exception! We have been working as hard as we can behind the scenes to bring you guys something that is not just good, but GREAT. We promised you the best and I think we've done it! Say hello to the brand new SSR Performance Kia Stinger 3.3TT Competition Series Exhaust components!

KIA STINGER GT 3.3TT COMPETITION AXLE BACK EXHAUST (MUFFLER DELETE) (2018+)

Reasons to Choose SSR Performance
    - 2.5" SS 304 Aerospace Grade Material
    - Custom High Quality Matte Chrome Surface Finish
    - Replaces Restrictive Factory mufflers for maximum HP gains
    - Unleashes the raw power and sound of your Kia Stinger 3.3TT
    - Utilizes stock exhaust tips
    - Direct bolt on to stock exhaust (all hardware necessary included)
    - 100% Made in the USA
    - FREE SHIPPING WITHIN THE USA
    - LIFETIME WARRANTY

AXLE BACK EXHAUST:
    Stock - 40.3 lbs
    SSR Performance Competition Series - 16.2 lbs
    Total Weight Saving - 24.1 lbs

PREORDER PRICE $449

> CLICK HERE TO BUY YOUR SET NOW <

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KIA STINGER GT 3.3TT COMPETITION SERIES DOWNPIPES (2018+)

Reasons to Choose SSR Performance
    - 2.5" SS 304 Aerospace Grade Material
    - Custom High Quality Matte Chrome Surface Finish
    - Replaces Restrictive Factory Downpipes for maximum HP gains
    - Unleashes the raw power and sound of your Kia Stinger 3.3TT
    - Direct bolt on to stock exhaust (all hardware necessary included)
    - 100% Made in the USA
    - FREE SHIPPING WITHIN THE USA
    - LIFETIME WARRANTY

DOWNPIPE:
    Stock - 23.2 lbs
    SSR Performance Competition Series - 15.9 lbs
    Total Weight Saving - 7.3 lbs

PREORDER PRICE $489

> CLICK HERE TO BUY YOUR SET NOW <

That is a 30WHP increase and a 26WTQ WITH JUST SSR DOWNPIPES!!!
    Talk about BANG FOR YOUR BUCK!

Guys....look at those beautiful curves!!! The whole powerband was increased almost evenly with both torque and horsepower. This is amazing stuff!!! The area under the curve is a lot higher now as well. So now when the car pulls, it keeps pulling. The sound is intoxicating. The power is VERY noticeable. I can confidently say that our hard work has really paid off.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We hope that you guys can see the time and quality that are put into these USA made products. We take great pride in our craftsmen who work hard each and everyday to make our dreams come to life. Happy shopping

Sincerely,
    Shah @ SSR Performance

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  2. SSR Performance

Baseline Dyno Day for our test Stinger GT 3.3TT!

Yesterday we did some baseline runs with our stock 2018 Kia Stinger GT2 3.3TT! We are currently in the process of developing multiple performance products for these vehicles including downpipes, muffler bypasses, and a special first of its kind intake!

We are extremely excited to see what we can do with this car considering that it is brand new and has a lot of potential that Kia left on the table! Without further adieu, we present to you todays baseline numbers. Click play on the video to see! The numbers were extremely consistent! We are going to be adding our parts on and will be back on the dyno very soon to show you what we can do!

With that said, today our Kia Stinger GT is under the knife and being prototyped as we speak. The wait will all be over soon!

If you are reading this / watching this video a few months after it has been uploaded then click the link below to checkout what we have to offer for your Kia Stinger GT2 today!​
    Enjoy :)

Shah @ SSR Performance

• Like Like x 3
  3. Paul32

Paul32 United States Stinger Enthusiast

Guess you do not want to do business with GT and GT1 Stingers. Would seem like anything developed for the GT2 would work with the base GT and GT1?

4. SSR Performance

We would love to do business with all 3.3TT owners! It just so happens that our test car is a GT2, however our line of performance products will crossover to all 3.3TT Stinger models including GT, GT1, and GT2!

I have edited the post / video title to avoid any further misunderstandings :)

Shah @ SSR Performance

• Like Like x 1
  5. Paul32

Paul32 United States Stinger Enthusiast

Good job....

6. Never thought

Never thought United States Stinger Enthusiast

What will be so special regarding the intake? And will you develop an EVC exhaust?

7. Wan El Guapo

Wan El Guapo Canada Member

Any plans for a custom oil catch can?

8. CoconutRob

CoconutRob United States Active Member

The people want a true enclosed cold air intake and a evc exhaust with valves closed being close to stock and valve open close as possible to muffler delete.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. STINGER

STINGER Bahrain Active Member

Very nice, can't wait to see what you do with the car :thumbup:

10. SSR Performance

Hey guys!

Thank you so much for your questions! Questions like yours are exactly why I opened this thread :)

"What will be so special regarding the intake?"
    Considering that the intakes aren't released just yet I'm not allowed to talk about the exact details of how it will be different from what's already on the market. What I can add though is that we will offer two options. One will be the quick "simple" solution that will be sold at a lower rate. The "special" solution definitely won't be the best option for everyone and will be sold at a higher price point than the simple version and offer a first of its kind intake experience for the 3.3TT market.

"Will you develop an EVC exhaust?"
    As for the EVC exhaust, we have looked into this as an option. Can we develop an EVC exhaust? Absolutely. Will we? Not quite sure just yet. It has to be taken into account that these cars don't come with any kind of a valved system from factory. That translates to the fact that we can't just create an exhaust that "adapts" to work with the factory exhaust valve system. In turn, there is a requirement for added components in order to create a system that can be controlled otherwise (as opposed to just having a button in your car that would open and close the valves). Ultimately, it is very do-able but the cost will reflect all the extra components / work that is necessary to make it happen. If we decided to go this route we would build the following:

An electronic valve controlled axleback exhaust system (with the option of a full catback exhaust) that is controlled "closed" and "open" using a wireless remote. Closed position volume and tone will be close to that of stock exhaust. Open will sound equivalent to a muffler delete which has a louder volume and deeper tone.

This is where you guys come in (again):
    1. What are your thoughts on a reasonable price point for a product like this? Keep in mind the quality materials necessary to build it will be a sizable cost alone even before any fabrication is started.
    2. What kind of response do you think we would receive at that price point from the market in terms of sales if we built this system?

"Any plans for a custom oil catch can?"
    No plans for this just yet considering that we are focusing on the performance aspect since that is our expertise. Creating an oil catch can solution is definitely something that we will add to the list.

"The people want a true enclosed cold air intake and a evc exhaust with valves closed being close to stock and valve open close as possible to muffler delete"
    Awesome! Thank you for letting us know, this helps us out a LOT. We love to know what you guys want. It may not always show directly in what we eventually end up offering since there are so many different factors that come into play, but trust me, we take all of your guys' thoughts into consideration. So thanks again!! :)

"Very nice, can't wait to see what you do with the car :thumbup:"
    Thank you very much sir! I promise you won't be disappointed.

Thank you,
    Shah @ SSR Performance

• Like Like x 2
  11. Never thought

Well, there is one EVC from Jun BL that is about $2000 because of the $400 to ship it from Korea. Jun is very well known for high quality exhaust systems. So maybe a good price point would be $1500ish. Lots of people want this as an option and including the fully inclosed intake. But I’ll be honest, if you’re not willing to say why it will be “special” I (and likely others) will probably go with soon to be released options from Stillen, Injen, and Jonny Tig.

12. SSR Performance

Yeah, that price point seems reasonable at least as a ballpark figure. Keep in mind that 100% of our production is done here in the USA, as opposed to overseas. Not saying that the overseas production isn't up to par, but rather just pointing out a fact. With that said, our production costs are higher, however quality control is very effective. This is ultimately a factor in the final "cost to the customer" of the product.

As far as the intake goes, I'd rather not spill the beans while the item is still in its production stages. When we are ready to start pre-orders there will be a full breakdown of the product along with photos and HP / TQ gains on the dyno. Unfortunately I can't sway you or anyone else from purchasing a competing product before our product is ready to be announced. What I can say though is that we are not far off from that announcement.

Thanks again man! :)

Shah @ SSR Performance

• Like Like x 2
  13. Never thought

Thank you! Can you give a timeframe on when you may release the intake? I won’t hold you to it.

14. StingerNYC

StingerNYC United States Active Member

I am interested in an EVC exhaust as well.

15. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 1000 Posts Club!

Two weeks before Stillen. :D

• Funny Funny x 6
  16. NYdito

NYdito United States Active Member

Interested

17. RandallK

RandallK United States Active Member

How about a stopping pack... lol

Rotors, pads, lines.. A company has yet to provide one.. We have been so focused on going fast that we have ignored the slowing down...

• Like Like x 1
  18. SSR Performance

Although we don't have an exact date we are hoping to (and working as hard as possible to) have this intake released for you guys within the next 4-6 weeks.

Awesome! That is great to hear. Like I mentioned, hearing thoughts like this from you guys really helps us with direction and development. Thanks for your input :)

Perfect! Thanks for letting us know! Which products are you more particularly interested in?

That's an awesome idea!! Let me do some research and see what's available out there currently as far as brake products go and see what we may be able to put together. Thank you!! :)

Sincerely,

Shah @ SSR Performance

• Like Like x 1
  19. NYdito

NYdito United States Active Member

Intake

20. SSR Performance

Okay perfect! Good to know :)

Shah @ SSR Performance

Draft saved Draft deleted