1. PLEASE! It is VERY important that this area is not used for the discussion of technical issues with your Stinger. This section is for posting about regional-specific things like Stinger clubs, events, local vendor or dealer recommendations, KiaStinger.com member sightings, etcetera... In other words, I do NOT want people to need to scour through several different sections to find answers about their heads up display. That's why there's a section dedicated specifically to discussions like that. THANK YOU!
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Aussies, dashmats is that a Yes or a No?

Discussion in 'Stingers Down Under' started by Ozstung, Mar 14, 2019.

Do you have /getting a Dashmat in your Stinger?

This poll will close on Mar 14, 2020 at 9:05 PM.
  1. Yes and over 50.

23.1%
  2. Yes and under 50

23.1%
  3. No and over 50

38.5%
  4. No and under 50

15.4%
  1. Ozstung

Ozstung Australia 2500 Posts Club! Sustaining Member

Following an interesting discussion with our North American bretheren a poignant point was made is this a Cultural thing?
    a poll may indicate whether we do.

As pointed out they also have extreme heat conditions in areas but aren't overly enamoured with this product.

2. AV8R

AV8R Australia 5000 Posts Club! Staff Member Authorized Vendor Moderator

3. Stinger GT SS

Stinger GT SS Australia 2500 Posts Club!

I thought this was your car
    upload_2019-3-15_17-41-53.jpeg

4. DCBStingerGT

DCBStingerGT Australia 1000 Posts Club!

Wouldn't drive without a dashmat, had a dashmat in my 2004 VZ Commodore since brand new, and the dash underneath is like new still.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. AV8R

6. DCBStingerGT

DCBStingerGT Australia 1000 Posts Club!

Where did you buy the plastic for your seats @AV8R ....:):laugh::laugh::rofl::rofl:

7. AV8R

8. ShannonC

ShannonC Australia Stinger Enthusiast

Thought you would have gone with PPF but glad wrap is much cheaper.

9. PxbVic

PxbVic Australia Active Member

No dash mats required a good UV protection spray and wipe applied every 3 or 4 months will protect it for the life of the car. Dash mats are so 1970's:p

10. AV8R

11. I would expect something like that in Chopper Reads car. lol

12. OliverNuther

OliverNuther Australia Stinger Enthusiast

When I was 18 (33 years ago) I bought my grandfather’s 4cyl VC Commodore off him as my first car. It had dashmats. I took them out, threw them away and have never bought dashmats ever since.

13. Ozstung

Ozstung Australia 2500 Posts Club! Sustaining Member

Yep there's definely two camps like 'em or loath 'em.

What about you @Maverick ? You get some serious temp differences , Mat or matless?

14. Coast GT

Coast GT Australia Stinger Enthusiast

Can’t believe you lot are having a go at my ride lol D181C1CA-3B93-4F5E-BD5D-02EDF77A610E.jpeg E6284651-B6D1-4A32-B7DF-226A17016C0A.jpeg 3B3FDD10-BC76-40AB-9E14-BA9F5382DF77.jpeg Fits perfectly, no overhang despite how the camera angle makes it look.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. OliverNuther

OliverNuther Australia Stinger Enthusiast

I grant you they have improved in design over the years since my first experience but you haven’t showed us your rear dash mats where your bowls hat sits. :p

16. Well I have owned a Toyota Prado since new in 2007 here in Alice and everyone kept telling me to get a dashmat but I never have. The UV is a real killer out here so I might get one for the Stinger, might have to invest in some armpit shorts as well to go along with it. lol Oh and a terry toweling hat. lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Coast GT

Coast GT Australia Stinger Enthusiast

The tissue box is in the way of the bowls hat but it’s a pain in the arse every time I lift the boot it slides into the back seat :rofl:

• Funny Funny x 3
Draft saved Draft deleted