Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

August incentives

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by Waynerm002, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Waynerm002

Waynerm002 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Might be a bit early but since it’s officially August 1st, I did a build on KIA’s site and no incentives have been added yet. Guess we will learn about it later in the day. Don’t see any 2019 listed as a build option yet either.

2. Ruturaj

Ruturaj United States Active Member

Will be interesting to see if they increase incentives even more as and when 2019 comes out.

3. SilverNitr8

SilverNitr8 United States Active Member

Hi Everyone - I'm new to the forum, but have been lurking around and learning so much about the Stinger and the awesome lease cash option to purchase a car. I went to autobytel this morning and looks like the lease cash option increased from last month.

Figures are for a GT2 AWD

Trim Rebate 24 Mo 36 Mo 48 Mo 60 Mo 72 Mo Expires Category
    GT2 AWD - 3.99% 3.99% 3.99% 3.99% 4.39% 12/31/2018 Finance Rate
    GT2 AWD $1,000 - - - - - 9/4/2018 Bonus Cash
    (Bonus Cash)
    GT2 AWD - 0.90% 0.90% 0.90% 0.90% 0.90% 9/4/2018 Finance Rate
    GT2 AWD $2,000 - - - - - 9/4/2018 Bonus Cash
    (KMF Dealer Choice Bonus Cash Program)
    GT2 AWD - - $7,900 $6,300 - - 9/4/2018 Bonus Cash(KMF Lease Cash)
    GT2 AWD - 2.90% 2.90% 2.90% 2.90% 3.90% 9/4/2018 Finance Rate

Just a question - what is the KMF Dealer Choice Bonus Cash Program? Can this be combined on top of of the rebate and lease cash?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ruturaj

They don't show up on the Kia website. And look like last months data. Not sure about Dealer choice bonus cash but looks like financing cash.

5. Waynerm002

Just checked, looks like the same info. Don’t have imfor on the Money Factor for the lease but I suspect it will be the same.

6. Ruturaj

Yep, seems like they are back.

7. MarkyMark

MarkyMark United States Active Member

Does anyone know if the KMF Incentives can stretch beyond the given month they are for?

That is, right under the "National Dealers" Title at the top of the sheet, it states "Effective with Contracts Dated..." and then gives a date range, such as July 10-31.

– HOWEVER –

It seems there is a bit of room for the dealers to play a bit with this, as the NEXT line says "Contract & Documentation Package Must Be Received By August 14, 2018"

Thus, it seems if it's August 5th, the dealer and customer could date the documentation July 30th if they so choose, and submit by August 14th, and still get the July rates?

Is this true?

8. Ruturaj

Seems possible, but have no idea. Maybe a dealer on the forum can answer.

9. MisterMac

MisterMac United States Active Member

Fraud it always possible...

My bet is this additional time allows the dealers to collect and submit a complete package to KIA, following month-end. If they don't submit in time, they won't get the rebate from KIA to reimburse what they granted the buyer.

But, we shall see what a dealer might contribute.

10. Waynerm002

Typically dealers run incentives every month, it may go down, up or away. At the end of the year, if they have inventory to move, it may likely go up, not down. If it is gone for older model (which is not typical) the dealers will be discounting big to move the cars.

11. Waynerm002

Anyone got the money factor for August? Did the money factor change for August?

12. MarkyMark

July/August - all the same.

September just around the corner!!!

13. Waynerm002

I know. Got a quote with a higher number so was checking. Debating on if I should do it this weekend or wait. My color choice is waning out there.

14. MarkyMark

I'm getting a $41,500 GT RWD w/DriveWise + LSD (Limited Slip Differential) for around $37k for a lease. Good?...

15. Waynerm002

That’s pretty good, most places in my area don’t want to go more than 10%. Those that do, don’t have my color choice so i’m still looking. Would love the RWD but want the heated steering wheel which is a AWD only thing, bummer.

Getting some quotes, want to confirm the lease acquisition fee, is it $595 or $695 for the Stinger? Seems as check the docs, numbers are different in places.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
  16. shaggystinger

shaggystinger United States Active Member

The lease acquisition fee is supposed to be $650 no matter which dealer you buy from. If it's less I assume the dealer is trying to work the numbers to get the buyer to a certain payment but if it's more (ie. $695) that's just profit to them.

Labor day Weekend @Waynerm002 !!! Might get a good deal :) What's your color combo again? Ceramic with red interior? GT2?

17. Waynerm002

Yep, that's the one i'm looking for. Shops want to sell and close but with no product, I'm not going in to waste my time. Waiting to hear back. White is my other color and a lot of those are available, so if they are not willing to discount the CS to my liking, I'll get a white at a better price.

• Like Like x 1
  18. cmivxx

cmivxx United States Newish Member

Good luck with the Ceramic on a GT2 as it's only an option on the GT1. I had a number of phone calls with all of the dealer in Texas, Louisiana, Colorado and New Mexico along with Kia America. The dealers all said "no dice" which I expected as it isn't even an option in their order system. Kia America said that they will allow the dealer to order it, IF they have sold through their initial order. Only about 4 dealers have done that, and none anywhere near me. I would suggest that if you are headed down that route, look for a small dealer whose owner doesn't have multiple kia stores and ask them to contact Kia America and work on the order. I would even go so far as to work up the order invoice with Kia America first, then take that to your store of choice.

That all being said if you walk into the dealer saying I want X... Let them tell you they can't get it, then try to work a deal on one they do have. Sometimes that works. May not on the stinger since it's so new.

19. Waynerm002

Found one! Going to check it out later.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kosh

Kosh United States Member

A friend of mine was looking at a 2018 Premium AWD 40k sticker no drive wise and got offered $385 a month 800 at signing 12k miles a year 36 months all taxes and fees for NJ included ...

Does this sound like a good deal or is there more to be had

Thanks

Draft saved Draft deleted