Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Audio Displacement, Volume Issues, and Turning Off Voice Prompts

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by init3, Jan 12, 2018.

1. init3

init3 United States Member

Has anyone encounter the issue of the audio being placed in the rear of the car when you start it up?

I have had this happen to me at least 3 times and I have to manually re-position it and it will stick for a while.

I would have to guess something might be messing up when I have the navigation on while playing music as the audio does get shifted to the rear of the car when the GPS is giving voice commands.

2. I've seen this mentioned elsewhere. Haven't noticed it myself yet, but will keep an eye on it.

3. Taimaishoo

Taimaishoo United States Active Member

I haven't noticed it myself. But I do like how the volume lowers itself when I put it in reverse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

5. Taimaishoo

Taimaishoo United States Active Member

@Kia Stinger It is! You can have the audio blasting at 30 but the moment you put it in reverse, it will drop the volume down to around 5. You just need to be prepared for when you put it back into drive, it will bump it back up to 30 and scare the living daylights out of you. :laugh:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

Wow. It should definitely be a gradual increase! :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Blue Bear

Blue Bear United States New Member

Yes! That just happened to me. I like my metal and was really cranking it, went into reverse, goes VERY quiet, back in drive and BOOM!! WTF??!!?? That is ridiculous. Anyone know if that feature can be turned off? Wondering if there is a way to tell the audio safety features to just SHUT UP. In my previous car, I was able to simply turn off the audio voice prompts for the navigation system. I take volume interruptions while I'm listening to music personally. WARNING - If you like your music loud, beware of the REVERSE gear. The volume drops way down for reverse, then the music kicks up INSTANTLY when you put it back in drive.

The navigation also gave me issues. Every little bell, whistle and voice prompt kicks the volume down temporarily. When you're in a urban area and using the nav, it's constantly cutting the audio. I had to turn the radio off. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Roman
    2018 Stinger AWD Premium

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Clearly Canadian

Clearly Canadian Canada Stinger Enthusiast

Yes it can be turned off.

9. BluGT2

BluGT2 United States Newish Member

Yes, you can turn the volume level adjustment feature in the sound menu under advanced (you will have to scroll down to see advanced button)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Blue Bear

Blue Bear United States New Member

Thank you. I'll try that.

11. Clearly Canadian

Clearly Canadian Canada Stinger Enthusiast

The audio settings are pretty flexible. Try setting everything to a default volume of zero. I'm not sure if it will stop the decrease in music volume, but it should silent anything else that is trying to speak up.

• Like Like x 1
  12. DaJackson

DaJackson United States Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

There is an option in the Sound section to disable the reverse volume down.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ScottE

ScottE Member

There are a number of options - I disabled the volume lowering in reverse and I leave the nav prompts muted, but you can also set it to not lower music volume on that too.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Nasty1

Nasty1 United States Member

Good to know.

Draft saved Draft deleted