kia stinger store

Audio cuts out randomly (over bluetooth and Android Auto)

legbuh

Southern MN
So, when I'm listening to music in my stinger every now and then I get a split second audio drop. It's very random, and not caused by getting alerts on my phone.

It happens over bluetooth and while connected via usb and android auto.

I have not tested to see if the radio does it because I don't listen to the radio. :)

Sort of annoying. Doesn't happen on any other car I have, even a cheap FM transmitter bluetooth module in my 06 911 (gotta keep that stereo stock!! It's even got the old phone on it! haha)

stoopid

Stinger Enthusiast
Las Vegas, NV
So, when I'm listening to music in my stinger ... and not caused by getting alerts on my phone.

Are you certain? Try airplane mode and then connect over usb, see if it still happens. Could also load some MP3s on a thumbdrive and play off that directly as a test (no phone connected by bluetooth or usb). If it still happens in either of those situations I would say it's something awry with the head unit. [as you can see, I'm trying to eliminate the phone as much as possible, it's either the phone or headunit IMO]

Ace Deprave

Newish Member
Long thread about it on the next page...I haven't been a member long enough to post the link, but the title of the thread is
"Audio Keeps Popping / Cutting Out Randomly"