1. PLEASE! It is VERY important that this area is not used for the discussion of technical issues with your Stinger. This section is for posting about regional-specific things like Stinger clubs, events, local vendor or dealer recommendations, KiaStinger.com member sightings, etcetera... In other words, I do NOT want people to need to scour through several different sections to find answers about their heads up display. That's why there's a section dedicated specifically to discussions like that. THANK YOU!
  2. We're having a vote for the location of our upcoming KIA Stinger dot com StingerFest. Please CLICK HERE to cast your vote!
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Atlanta owners?

Discussion in 'Southeast Stinger Forum' started by eflyguy, Jan 22, 2019.

1. eflyguy

eflyguy United States 1000 Posts Club!

Well, there's at least three of us, wondering if there are more not yet made it out of the woodwork?

Thinking about setting up a meeting. Also, as a motorcyclist, I bought my Stinger to to enjoy on the wonderful roads we have in North GA, TN, NC as well. I'd be happy to lead a group drive, possibly even an away event (I attend rallies with other riders a few times a year, lots of fun to be had!)

Thoughts?

2. Callum

Callum United States Stinger Enthusiast

I'm in!

3. BEEK

BEEK United States Member

Gents, nice to meet you. I'm in Atlanta as well, as is NHCowboy28 I believe....if you count Alpharetta!

4. eflyguy

Isn't that, like, North Carolina or something?? :)

A workmate lives in Buckhead and when we had meetings with customers in Alpharetta, we would all tease her about being so far North..

Anyway - are you folks interesting in something like a meet-up? Get together to have dinner and tell lies, or something? Any interest in a group drive to the hills?

Not everyone is as enthusiastic or confident about "challenging" driving, I know. Really looking forward to taking mine to the Dragon..

5. Callum

I need to get new rear tires, but sure! I’d be interested in all of us signing up for a SCCA Track Night. That would be an awesome sight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Logic717

Logic717 United States Member

Not an owner yet but I'd love to tag along for the beer and stories. Not so much for the drive. My heart can't take that yet . Wifey has to get her upgrade before I get mine. West Cobb locale here. Molette I believe is from the A as well.

7. BEEK

Would be great to meet everyone over a beer and park our stingers in the front of the valet section, squeezing out the Porsches and Mercedes. looks like we have a white, black and ceramic (mine). Need a blue, yellow and red!

8. Callum

I'd really like to get all of us together at a SCCA Track Night (Track Night in America). I think having a bunch of KIA's at the track would produce quite a few photo's and some cool posts from other enthusiasts about the cars.

Reasonably priced and would allow us to have some fun in our cars while keeping it legal and safe. I did a mountain run in my AMG with the local crew and honestly I would never do that again.

9. BEEK

10. eflyguy

AMP and Road Atlanta, so 9.

Let's start smaller.. pizza and beer..

I'll also note, I'm planning on Caffeine and Octane again as long as it's not 20º and raining next Sunday.

• Like Like x 1
  11. nhcowboy28

nhcowboy28 United States 1000 Posts Club!

I’m down for pizza and beer.
    Here’s everyone I know to be in/near Atlanta.
    16DFCACE-7CF6-4CE8-9055-1B6C72A86BE9.png DEB8E11F-1FAC-4DA7-AD75-925DC7BBC3FC.jpeg

12. Callum

That is correct. They are extremely fun and a great way to open up your car and not get a speeding ticket or worse...

I have done a bunch of them and a total blast.

13. TwistedOrca

TwistedOrca United States Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  14. SwampDonk33

SwampDonk33 United States Newish Member

Hello fellow ATLiens! Recently leased (plan to buyout) a 2018 black GT2 and am enjoying it thus far.

As a quick question to those in the area, have any of you used a local shop to do Kia badge swaps (front and rear)? I know this can be a DIY project based on what I’ve read, but if there is a good affordable option that comes recommended then I’d be interested.

15. Callum

I did them myself, it's really not too hard. Where in Atlanta are you?

16. eflyguy

Did mine myself as well. Have done on several vehicles.

Welcome!

17. Doel

Doel United States 1000 Posts Club!

I bought my car in Atlanta, does that count? lol

18. SwampDonk33

SwampDonk33 United States Newish Member

Sounds like an attempt at the DIY might be in order. I've watched a video or two on it and read about some varying methods, have you guys seen success with a particular one?

I am in the East ATL area - near L5P and EAV....amongst the hipsters!

19. Callum

I love that area! I'm not a hipster, but it's fun to roll down there every now and then!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Logic717

Logic717 United States Member

Patience.... Is it bad that I'm checking Auto trader onna weekly basis? I'm still at least a year away from buying but I feel like a fiend. Can't wait to get my hands on one. Congratulations on your new whip man, this is a great crew of local folks to ask for guidance. They know their stuff

Draft saved Draft deleted