Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Are Front Bumper Grilles the Same Size on GT and 2.0?

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Exterior Discussion' started by SEA Stinger, Mar 6, 2018.

1. SEA Stinger

SEA Stinger United States Active Member Sustaining Member

I am considering replacing the upper and lower grilles on the front bumper of my 2.0 Premium with the grilles for the GT. The GT versions look much nicer, and are available for purchase online.

Before buying the GT grilles, I want to verify that they will fit my 2.0. Eyeballing pictures leads me to think that they are the same size. However, the bumpers on the GT and 2.0 are slightly different.

Can anyone confirm whether the GT versions of the front bumper grilles will fit on a Stinger 2.0?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Jeaddi

Jeaddi United States Member

I was thinking about doing the same. Please let me know how it goes!;)

3. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 2500 Posts Club!

i would reco sending the seller a message asking , they have to warrant the fit , right ??

• Like Like x 2
  4. SEA Stinger

Good thought, @westcoastGT.

However, I'm still a bit gun-shy based on statements in other posts on this forum that aftermarket parts purchases are caveat emptor. As evidence of that, I have a set of inside door handle liners that look nice but are perfectly useless.

Anyone think that a KIA dealer's parts department might be willing to check compatibility for me?

5. Kia Stinger

Kia Stinger United States Administrator Staff Member

If the parts are OEM you don't need to worry about them fitting - unlike those inside the door handle pieces... If this turns out to work with the 2.0T bumper I'll do what I can to stock them in our store. 1 1/2 to 2 weeks for delivery? Ridiculous...

• Like Like x 2
  6. eflyguy

eflyguy United States Stinger Enthusiast Staff Member Moderator

Go to a dealer that has both engines, and take some measurements?

7. SEA Stinger

Makes me a little nervous that the front bumpers on the GT's and the 2.0's are different. :sick:

But it does appear that the grille openings are the same size on both.

I have already replaced the silver brake vent covers with the GT-version smoked chrome ones. If I pull the rigger on swapping out the front grilles and it works, I will be a good part of the way toward outfitting perhaps the first U.S. version of the GT-line 2.0! :cool:

• Like Like x 4
  8. Rango

Rango United States Active Member

Here's a couple of pics for comparison. As for the inside door handle panels, the ones I purchased fit perfectly. Just had to build up the back with a bunch of 3M tape and walla. Screenshot_20180308-000654.jpg Screenshot_20180308-000045.jpg 20180308_000923.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. westcoastGT

Those grills are the same size , cant imagine they would produce 2 bumpers

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. SEA Stinger

Best I can tell, the grilles are the same size.

However, the bumpers are slightly different on the GT and 2.0. On the GT, the intake scoop for brake cooling is taller:
    upload_2018-3-8_10-15-24.png

upload_2018-3-8_10-16-33.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. SEA Stinger

The door handle liners do look good...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rufus

Rufus United States 1000 Posts Club!

@SEA Stinger to my eyes the lower grille openings appear the same. BUT it does look as though the GT "fangs" were designed to complement the lines created by the GT's enlarged side intakes...so not sure how it would all coalesce from an aesthetic standpoint if swapped. Perhaps a Photoshop trial fit would be in order first...? :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Reignman98115

Reignman98115 United States Member

If you mind me asking how did you pull the side (front fender) vents off? Was it easy? Is it just clips? What tool did you use to get them off? I want to do the same on my premium.

14. SEA Stinger

The brake vent covers are held on by plastic snaps. I just gently pried the silver vent covers off using a plastic auto trim removal tool like the ones in this set:
    https://www.amazon.com/CandyHome-Auto-Trim-Removal-Tool/dp/B075YF7XVQ/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1520957697&sr=8-9&keywords=auto+trim+removal+tool+kit

Start at one part of the vent cover and carefully use the tool to pry it up until a snap releases. Then move over a few inches and pry the next snap off. Repeat until the whole vent cover comes off. When you get your new vent covers, you'll be able to use them as a guide for locating the snaps.

Installing the new vent covers is easy - just snap them in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. westcoastGT

I'm not sure its taller , the surround vent trim on the GT may appear to make it look "bigger but it really looks same /same to me

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Reignman98115

Reignman98115 United States Member

Thank u i appreciate the input.

• Like Like x 1
  17. SEA Stinger

Confirmed: bumpers and lower grilles are indeed different between the GTs and the 2.0s!

18. SEA Stinger

@Jeaddi - this was a FAIL! Bought the lower front bumper grille, went to install it, and found that the GT version is several inches narrower than the 2.0 version. Bummer!

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  19. westcoastGT

I'll flog myself accordingly !!

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. Jeaddi

Jeaddi United States Member

ahh, well. I have DriveWise, so replacing the top grille is out of the question for me too.

Draft saved Draft deleted