Anyone Replace Their Side Mirror Covers?

SEA Stinger

Seattle, Washington

Weareblondi

Stinger Enthusiast
south florida
i think they are just covers, find where the tabs are and pop them off. i know that the mrs had a juke nismo rs, and she wanted another set of mirror covers so she could have them painted a different color, except for disconnecting the turn signal that is molded in, it was a 5 minute job. now watch that it requires a masters in thermodynamic propulsion to remove these things.

Aquadog

I was just doing a little research after looking at my mirrors with only 1600 miles on the car I noticed each mayor had a tiny about the size of a piece of sand Nick on them . Obviously for myself this is gonna be a problem now and in the future it looks good but this is just soft plastic what's a person to do rap it I guess . The shells for the mirrors I would believe should be the same . I called The parts department at the Kia dealer and got a price on the GT mirrors shells $ 34.34 each not bad , but the front grill and labor that's gonna be some serious change definitely looking in to wrapping the front grill and the shells for the mirrors . I have a feeling that this will be a topic that is going to get more discussion . It would be great if somebody has a fix for this , besides buying new parts .

Kamauxx

2500 Posts Club!
Yeah. I have a silver stinger 2.0L and wondering if I should upgrade to those. They're black chrome so not sure if it'll match well. Thoughts anyone?
It might clash with the rest of the trim. Maybe you should do it all together?

Jaymorz

NYC
Here's a helpful video on youtube:

I'm planning on replacing my dark chrome covers for carbon fiber next weekend. Purchased the covers a few weeks back, they look great!

eXoTiCs

i also have a premium model with body color mirrors and bought a black chrome replacement under following # 87626-j5100 and 87616-j5100.

Unfortunately i wasn't able to change them bolt-in, cause there is a difference between chrome mirror and body color one. the difference is small piece of plastic which faces the side glass. on the chrome version it is separate piece of black gloss plastic, which was earlier mentioned in this topic and on my version of car (russian) my mirror cover is single piece.

So, to have the replacement installed, i need this piece of plastic which i wasn't able to find anywhere and in catalogues as well..

Any suggestions are welcome.

I will attach some pics.

Attachments

Thwack

Here's a helpful video on youtube:

I'm planning on replacing my dark chrome covers for carbon fiber next weekend. Purchased the covers a few weeks back, they look great!
Yeah, I followed this same video to pop off my mirror and remove the cap to carbon wrap it. used the same tool, same spot, and yeah it did feel like it was gonna break... then it did break! New mirror for the GT2 with all the options ran me over $300.

I do NOT recommend trying to remove the mirror like this video. That is all.

illstinger

Yeah, I followed this same video to pop off my mirror and remove the cap to carbon wrap it. used the same tool, same spot, and yeah it did feel like it was gonna break... then it did break! New mirror for the GT2 with all the options ran me over $300.

I do NOT recommend trying to remove the mirror like this video. That is all.
Same