Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Anyone installed AlloyGator protectors on their wheels?

Discussion in 'Suspension, Brakes, Wheels, Tires Discussion' started by StingerNick, Feb 10, 2019.

1. StingerNick

StingerNick United States Active Member

I saw these on Amazon when looking up curb rash protection for wheels. They are mainly shipped from the UK, but you can get them for a few bucks more in the states. Has anyone tried these?

Here’s a quick video about them.

Purchase AlloyGators | Alloy Gator Seattle Sales & Installations

Let me know what you think :thumbup:

2. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 2500 Posts Club!

I like the objective to keep wheels from getting rashed , personally I am not a fan of the colored versions , I would prefer black so they blend in , but I see lots of guys with colored versions ..........................

3. Esanem

Esanem United States Newish Member

Kind of like the look, but I'm not sure about the colors. Someone with some skills should Photoshop it on the Stinger.

Guess it doesn't matter anyway. No installers within 500 miles according to their site.

4. StingerNick

I’d just go with black. There are a few DIY install YouTube videos. I’m guessing it isn’t too hard, but putting the car on a lift would make it much easier.

If I do it myself, I’ll definitely create a photo tutorial for the forum.

5. westcoastGT

I agree , looks pretty straight ahead , rubber mallet , deflate the tire a bit , lift each corner ..................keep us posted !:thumbup:

6. NS_Stinger

NS_Stinger Canada Stinger Enthusiast

I think the idea is great I just cant wrap my head around $50-75 per wheel for a peice of plastic.

7. StingerNick

Looks like Amazon it’s about $35 per tire. I’d take that over a huge rash accident. They come out of nowhere quick!

8. westcoastGT

there are several wheel rim products , several are just cosmetic , with no curb rash protection ....................need to do your homework before buying I think ............

9. POS VETT

POS VETT United States Active Member

Quote "It is made in the UK and constructed of a tough nylon (not plastic)".

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

This sounds like another snake oil.

10. StingerNick

I just spoke to an installer close to me. He said it’s a very tough nylon composite. It’s $139, or $299 installed. It comes with a little tool to smooth out any rash scratches/scrapes. If the curb rash destroys it, they will replace it for free. There are a few dealers in my area that install it...Mercedes, Infinity. They put it on all their loaner cars which makes sense.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. westcoastGT

Go for it , and let us know how it works

12. POS VETT

POS VETT United States Active Member

Claiming that nylon isn't plastic just doesn't jive with me. Nylon is scratch resistant up to a point, but unlikely to survive a curb rash.

How thick is it?

13. StingerNick

It’s mainly to protect against those very few times where you would accidentally brush up against a curb, then be super angry when you looked at the gashes on your wheels. These are designed to take the complete impact (get banged up) instead of your wheels. If the AlloyGators are completely rashes out, AlloyGators well send you a free replacement. That’s what they told me when I called.

This is a great video from a girl and her Tesla’s AlloyGators...

14. westcoastGT

Grear Vid , the black is perfect unless youre going for a "look"

15. SteveCo

SteveCo Canada Stinger Enthusiast

Yes, seeing them in subtle black vs. fluorescent green they actually blend in nicer than I expected ... :thumbup: Still seem quite expensive, though.

Glad I have the 360 cameras to help protect the rims. Even with those one still needs to pay close attention when parking, or leaving an end position parking stall with those little 'ankle biter' curbs. :confused:

16. StingerNick

I think black will look good on any Stinger... except for the sunset yellow folks...a yellow wheel accent could look pretty sweet!

Draft saved Draft deleted