Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Anyone else have to push their high beam stalk twice to get your high beams on ?

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Lighting - Inside and Out' started by TV3, Dec 4, 2018.

1. TV3

TV3 United States Member

I do but not every time. Also My high beam assist never works. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

2. nhcowboy28

nhcowboy28 United States Active Member

On the GT2, pushing once sets autohigh beam/dynamic low beam on. Pushing again locks high beams on like old school cars

3. robz32

robz32 United States 1000 Posts Club! Staff Member Moderator Texas Stinger Swarm

Yes, the first push is to activate the auto high beams, the second push is to activated them manually.

In order for the high beam assist to work a certain set of paramenters need to be met.

Here is a quick video explaining how the system works.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. TV3

TV3 United States Member

Thanks much.

5. gilthanis1

gilthanis1 United States Active Member

If you turn the lights to ON, instead of AUTO, then the high beams will flip on and off with 1 push just like normal.

Found that out the other night trying to see if they would work like normal. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. WildBill

WildBill United States Active Member

This and the auto wipers drive me nuts the most on this car.

The auto high beam picks up many house lights, etc. flicking them down and then back up.
    Oh and how do you turn off the auto high beam when high beam assist is active and on low beam mode.
    The answer is you can't do it without flashing someone with your high beams.

Then the wipers seem to have a mind of their own. Work fine one minute, then don't wipe enough, turn up the sensitivity, and next thing they are running on high o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. TwiceStung

TwiceStung United States Member

Some technologies are nice, but I find the auto wipers and headlights on the Premium to be VERY annoying. I try not to use them if possible, which is even more frustrating. They are definitely not engineered correctly.

8. brancky3

brancky3 United States Active Member

Maybe there's an issue with your car. My wipers work great, my headlights work great. There are certain conditions for each which depend on the cameras and sensors on your car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Billy M

Billy M United States Active Member

Maybe turn the headlights to “on” rather than “auto” to deactivate without flashing?

10. WildBill

WildBill United States Active Member

Hmmm, I tried it last night and well... Yeah. You turn your lights on manually to "ON" and there is no auto high low.
    I had always left mine in Auto thinking that it was for auto on/off. Ran the last car for 9 years without moving the lights off of auto.

Thanks, learned something (and you're probably like RTFMo_O)

11. Billy M

Billy M United States Active Member

I had and ‘03 Tacoma, and I just left them on for the life of the vehicle. They’d turn off with the ignition.

12. BBB

BBB Canada Active Member

Auto lights work perfectly fine for me, but I agree, the auto-wiper/speed is so inconsistent.

Draft saved Draft deleted