Welcome to the Stinger Owners Group!

We're so glad you found us. Please click the button below and become a member!
Register Now
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Anyone else driving with backseats down and hatch shelf out?

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Interior Discussion' started by jrhodes87, Mar 11, 2018.

1. jrhodes87

jrhodes87 United States Active Member

First thing I did when I got home was stuff the hatch shelf under my bed haha.

I literally have no need for the back seats so I have them folded down. I'm basically driving a coupe with an extended trunk now, but I love it! The road noise is decent, I don't notice it much.

Now in sport mode the engine noise is blaring from the rear speakers it makes it sound like the engine is in the rear of the car! I may make my custom mode all sport and then turn the engine noise more silent.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States Active Member

Not me. I don't think my wife and three sons would enjoy rolling around in the trunk.

I used to do the same thing in my Camaros back in the early 2000s though.
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. davebo

davebo United States Active Member

I'll only fold the seats down for work or sporting gear, but yeah I ditched the shelf right away.

Edit: oh, worth mentioning that people have had problems with the seatbelts leaving marks on the leather when the rear seats are folded down, so you may want to put a hand towel or something over them if you're leaving them down a lot.
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Thirteen

Thirteen United States Member

• Like Like x 5
  5. @Thirteen, very good on ya for having your dog tethered in a harness back there while you're driving!
  6. Thirteen

Thirteen United States Member

Safety first!
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Etggolf

Etggolf United States New Member

Only when my golf clubs or bike is back there otherwise up.. Im a grandpa of four. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. KikoTheAkita

KikoTheAkita United States Member

Being able to get my bike in the back was a big selling point for me, even if I need to remove the front wheel. I traded in my 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe because, even with both wheels removed and the rear seat folded flat, I couldn't load the bike inside.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Mach_Tuck

Mach_Tuck United States Active Member

I was able to stuff all the receivers down into the seats...may not need the towel then
Draft saved Draft deleted