Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Anyone else driving with backseats down and hatch shelf out?

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Interior Discussion' started by jrhodes87, Mar 11, 2018.

1. jrhodes87

jrhodes87 United States Active Member

First thing I did when I got home was stuff the hatch shelf under my bed haha.

I literally have no need for the back seats so I have them folded down. I'm basically driving a coupe with an extended trunk now, but I love it! The road noise is decent, I don't notice it much.

Now in sport mode the engine noise is blaring from the rear speakers it makes it sound like the engine is in the rear of the car! I may make my custom mode all sport and then turn the engine noise more silent.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Kamauxx

Kamauxx United States 1000 Posts Club!

Not me. I don't think my wife and three sons would enjoy rolling around in the trunk.

I used to do the same thing in my Camaros back in the early 2000s though.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. davebo

davebo United States Stinger Enthusiast

I'll only fold the seats down for work or sporting gear, but yeah I ditched the shelf right away.

Edit: oh, worth mentioning that people have had problems with the seatbelts leaving marks on the leather when the rear seats are folded down, so you may want to put a hand towel or something over them if you're leaving them down a lot.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Thirteen

Thirteen United States Member

IMG_8607.JPG

• Like Like x 14
  5. SEA Stinger

SEA Stinger United States Active Member Sustaining Member

@Thirteen, very good on ya for having your dog tethered in a harness back there while you're driving!

6. Thirteen

Safety first!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Etggolf

Etggolf United States New Member

Only when my golf clubs or bike is back there otherwise up.. Im a grandpa of four. :)
    20180308_124803.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. KikoTheAkita

KikoTheAkita United States Member

Being able to get my bike in the back was a big selling point for me, even if I need to remove the front wheel. I traded in my 2013 Hyundai Genesis Coupe because, even with both wheels removed and the rear seat folded flat, I couldn't load the bike inside.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Mach_Tuck

Mach_Tuck United States Stinger Enthusiast

I was able to stuff all the receivers down into the seats...may not need the towel then

10. SoCal.Stinger

SoCal.Stinger United States Member

Any one have any suggestions on how to get rid of the said "dents" in the leather that are the result of folding the seats down? I was transporting my 50lb+ Borla exhaust box in the the seat for day before installing and now there's a 1 and half inch indentation due to the seatbelt... kinda takes away from the premium feel.

11. davebo

davebo United States Stinger Enthusiast

I just leave a hand towel in the back seat and fold it a couple times and place it over the seat belts when I fold the seats down. It doesn't totally eliminate the indentation but it helps a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  12. moinmoin

moinmoin Stinger Enthusiast

I have a black IKEA fleece blanket folded in several layers across the back seats are down. Seems to work.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  13. Bobr

Bobr Unspecified Country - Europe Active Member

Are those dents from metal part of the seat belt metal latch plate? Why not fasten them prior folding then? Maybe that will help

14. CDv6

CDv6 United States Active Member

The clip receivers can be manually tilted down, which reduces the indentations.

15. SoCal.Stinger

SoCal.Stinger United States Member

I did that... along with tuck the middle ones into the "hidden" slot..... drivers side rear belt is the only one that dented in.

16. Thirteen

I keep a towel in the car and put that between the belt receivers and leather.

17. Kosh

Kosh United States Member

How do you remove the indentations after you have them ... moved a 100+ lb SVS sub even tho I tucked them I have indentations

18. F4D3D

F4D3D United States New Member

Would like to know as well! Have dented seats

19. bumble bee

bumble bee United States 1000 Posts Club! Sustaining Member

Yes, if i put the seats down i think it would be very uncomfortable. 6'6" tall.

20. StingEm

StingEm United States Active Member

Should be okay if you remove the headrests first?

Draft saved Draft deleted