kia stinger store

Any way to have gear always displayed?

Robilar

I use the paddles once in awhile but I've noticed that other than the car reverting to auto, it doesn't appear that there is any way to know what gear you are in if you are in auto and decide to downshift manually.

Is there any setting in the screen that will display current gear?

Thanks

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Ah, I see: you want to drive in Automatic and still display the gear it's in. Nope, can't be done. All you can do is pull the shifter and look before it goes back to displaying "D".

DoctorStiches

Stinger Enthusiast
So... as i have said for years now...
Shoulda got a gt1
2018 19 gt1.

It allows you to stay in manual mode.

Just saying

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Robilar

I got a 2019 GT limited with 1200 km on it for 24k.

It wasn't actually a car I was shopping for but the deal was too good to resist. I was actually looking at the Audi RS5 sportback.

Going to keep the stinger until next summer and then sell it. I'll easily still make money on it.

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Robilar

True. I've only put about 7k on it over the last 10 months. Given work from home, I'd be shocked if I put another 5 or 6k on it by late summer when I am planning to switch.

DoctorStiches

Stinger Enthusiast
True. I've only put about 7k on it over the last 10 months. Given work from home, I'd be shocked if I put another 5 or 6k on it by late summer when I am planning to switch.
Mannnnnn everyone able to work from home... must be nice! I would be in VR any free time i had. Making nft's or something idk i work all day most days on the road

Robilar

Mannnnnn everyone able to work from home... must be nice! I would be in VR any free time i had. Making nft's or something idk i work all day most days on the road
I prefer it. My office is 47km each way when I am there. We typically do 2 days a week in office. Its a slog in Toronto. some days its a 2 hour drive

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

DoctorStiches

Stinger Enthusiast
I drive 50 miles round trip. It takes 40 minutes total and i love being able to drive to work because i had always lived very close to my jobs untill i moved into my own place.

Robilar

I drive 50 miles round trip. It takes 40 minutes total and i love being able to drive to work because i had always lived very close to my jobs untill i moved into my own place.
All my driving is sitting in traffic :(

Robilar

same... thankfully i'm pretty much remote now. However, when i do go into the office, it's a 1 hour trip for the 12 miles one way during rush hour...
It sucks...

Toronto has the 3rd longest commute times of any city in North America.

Floridaman

St. Pete
I use the paddles once in awhile but I've noticed that other than the car reverting to auto, it doesn't appear that there is any way to know what gear you are in if you are in auto and decide to downshift manually.

Is there any setting in the screen that will display current gear?

Thanks
I use the Torque App on my phone with the racing meter plug-in to always display my gear.

Maxmad

I use the Torque App on my phone with the racing meter plug-in to always display my gear.
Wow - I can't believe that such an often asked for feature is solvable with a simple app and plug in! Thanks a lot for letting us know @Floridaman - great find!

Just to be sure - is it this app - Torque Pro (OBD 2 & Car) Torque Pro (OBD 2 & Car) - Apps on Google Play
and this plug in RacingMeter for Torque Pro RacingMeter for Torque Pro - Apps on Google Play ?

Can you also use Android auto to get this on the head unit display?

What bluetooth OBD adapter do you use?

Floridaman

St. Pete
Wow - I can't believe that such an often asked for feature is solvable with a simple app and plug in! Thanks a lot for letting us know @Floridaman - great find!

Just to be sure - is it this app - Torque Pro (OBD 2 & Car) Torque Pro (OBD 2 & Car) - Apps on Google Play
and this plug in RacingMeter for Torque Pro RacingMeter for Torque Pro - Apps on Google Play ?

It had been a while since I used it. Hooked it up to my obdlink mx+ and it wouldn't display the gear. Dashcommand also failed to display it. Plugged in my old autel bluetooth scanner and it displays it fine... unfortunately in small font.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220116-172655_HT200.jpg
    Screenshot_20220116-172655_HT200.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 4

Maxmad

So did Torque Pro (with Racing Meter plug in) used to work for you with the MX+ in your Stinger, but now it no longer does? That's a shame. It sounded like the perfect solution. I was looking forward to seeing a screen like the one below. Back to the drawing board for me I guess (unless someone else knows how to get an Android App working with a nice big gear indicator on it).

wCThkgC8HOO-JrPTnYcUkrgQfgEzu41mZhj-HlmY11S5ZZAIzY_7NM4NZN0szlHBbfk=w1536-h664-rw

shoengine

Just curious, why do you need to know the gear in auto mode?