kia stinger store

Any PPF (bumper/mirror) template changes from 21 to 22 models?

Jtaskew

Newish Member
Will be going out of town a week from now and wanted to get some protection. The PPF guy said he did not see any 22 templates. He was wondering if the 21 template would be the same.

Any one know?

Thanks!!

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Why would they change? The body panels are all the same.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
Your new KIA badge will extend further than the old KIA badge/oval; so the PPF installer will wind up cutting to fit the ends; but if there are little curved gaps, top and bottom, because the oval is wider than the KIA letters on the new badge, he will simply fill in with little patches of PPF. Unless you're right on top of it, looking for it, you will never see the lines where the pieces join.

washere

SoCal
I think the (fake?) brake cooling intakes in the front bumper are different too (at least looking at a 21 GT1 vs 22 GT2.). I have a 22, and I have the same issue. I might need to wait a little while to get this done.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
I think the (fake?) brake cooling intakes in the front bumper are different too (at least looking at a 21 GT1 vs 22 GT2.). I have a 22, and I have the same issue. I might need to wait a little while to get this done.
Not fake in the least. And all GT trims have the same vent "furniture": and now the GT-Line does too.

Jtaskew

Newish Member
'21 template works for '22 as expected. My PPF guy ordered the template without oval logo cut out and moved the OEM badge on top of PPF. Looks good and covered all black chrome and intakes for brake ducts. Got bumper, hood to bottom of faux inlets and mirrors for $700