kia stinger store

Ambient lighting inside the Scorpion

TJilla

Newish Member
Howdy, just picked up the Scorpion Edition this past weekend. Already had a 2022 GT2 in Ceramic Silver. Went in for my first oil change and walked out with the Scorpion in Aurora Black, lol. Couldn't help myself!

Quick question about the ambient lighting inside: noticed that the only place the lighting appears is across the dash along the stitching and in the door wells towards the bottom of the driver and passenger doors. My kids actually pointed out that my regular GT2 had ambient lighting across the stitching in the front and rear doors and again towards the bottom of each door.

This scorpion is pretty dark on the inside and missing the amount of ambient lighting the other GT2 had. Wonder why KIA built the scorpion a little differently . Figured other than the edition of the carbon fiber trim inside, everything else would be a standard GT2.

Anybody have any additional insight on the interior design changes for the Scorpion?

Kimberly Lazarski

Maine
There is no ambient lighting for the rear seats. I don't know why they omit this as my nephews (or any back seat passenger) would love it.

There should be ambient lighting across the dashboard level with the infotainment screen, under the armrest of each front door, across the top of the glovebox, and then cool white footwell lighting (imho they dropped the ball not coordinating the footwells), and a small white pinhole light in the overhead sunroof/domelight/UVO console providing very subtle illumination for the center console.

Stinger-Nighttime-ambient-lighting.jpg

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

TJilla

Newish Member
There is no ambient lighting for the rear seats. I don't know why they omit this as my nephews (or any back seat passenger) would love it.

There should be ambient lighting across the dashboard level with the infotainment screen, under the armrest of each front door, across the top of the glovebox, and then cool white footwell lighting (imho they dropped the ball not coordinating the footwells), and a small white pinhole light in the overhead sunroof/domelight/UVO console providing very subtle illumination for the center console.

View attachment 64177
Great thanks for the feedback. I'm going to check my ambient lighting settings again tomorrow and pay attention to what the car looks like at night. I honestly don't remember seeing but 2 lines: dashboard level and glovebox level. Let me know if I'm missing something on the settings or any other physical button I'm overlooking.

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Kimberly Lazarski

Maine
Ambient lighting does not extend to the rear. IMHO Kia dropped the ball on that. Extending it to the rear and under the front seats and coordinating the footwell lighting would have really polished it.