Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Am I Invisible?

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by Silverfox, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Silverfox

Silverfox United Kingdom Member

It's strange but I seem to have a lot more near misses in the Stinger than I have ever had before.

In the space of just one week I have had three people pull straight out in front of me at junctions when they have had a clear view of me approaching. The latest one, today, was the closest, I came inches away from contact. At least the brakes are good!

It's as if the car came with an invisibility cloak, or perhaps other drivers are so dazzled by its good looks!

2. eflyguy

eflyguy United States 2500 Posts Club!

Well, you did go with the most covert color.. :)

When I took rider training (in the UK, '85) they told us that people pull out in front of bright red fire engines, so they sure as heck are going to pull out in front of a motorcycle!

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

I drive as if others want to hit me. I've never paid more attention to my driving/surroundings than I do since getting the Stinger. And I've had some near misses: had I not been driving extra defensively I'd have been impacted before now.

Just be ready for those brakes, or the gas! And maintain distances! This includes taking the inside rather than outside lane: I never drive in the outside lane other than to turn out of it. Side traffic is too risky and often not visible until too late.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. nhcowboy28

nhcowboy28 United States 1000 Posts Club!

Best get a dash cam now before any impact.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Ruturaj

Ruturaj United States 1000 Posts Club!

Ohh man, that's terrible. Can you post your cars picture, let's check if I can see it? (I don't know why people put their house in display pic but not car)

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. OliverNuther

OliverNuther Australia 1000 Posts Club!

Red cars are faster than other colours so maybe these clowns don’t realise how quickly you’re approaching them?:)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. DCBStingerGT

DCBStingerGT Australia 1000 Posts Club!

To be honest, it feels like other drivers behave differently around my Stinger, I seem to get many old model cars tailgating me , you know, those cars that are in such bad condition they are barely road legal, and the owner is probably thinking, who's this rich a..hole in this Maserati, even though I still have the Kia badge on the front and rear:laugh::rofl:, and those whom approach from behind , they don't change lane with plenty of room , they without fail, have to be almost tailgating then move lanes while ever so close to the corner of my rear bumper, in conclusion, it just seems everyone else is driving so much faster and aggressive, even in the smallest cars, if I am driving like a Granny, maybe I should dress up like a Granny just to see the reaction from other drivers.:):laugh::rofl::laugh::rofl:

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 5000 Posts Club!

.................OK , WE CAN HELP , YOU GET DRESSED UP LIKE A GRANNY AND POST A FEW PICS AND WE'LL GO FROM THERE !! BAWAAAAAA

9. CKeeler

CKeeler United States Active Member

Don’t you realize? It’s not them, it’s you! Whatever someone else is doing on the road is so much more important than whatever you are doing. Just park your Stinger in the garage because EVERYBODY has more important things to do than you do.

10. eljay

eljay United States Stinger Enthusiast

Well, we have pictorial evidence that snarky-looking pedestrians can see you . . . so not completely invisible.

I've felt the same since I got this car, but just thought I was feeling overprotective. Maybe because of the rear window, it only seems like more junkers tailgate, since in my old cars I could see their hoods and get a better idea of their distance.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted