Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

All of the things to select each time you get in the car

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by Legendsk, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Legendsk

Legendsk United States Active Member

There all those things you have to set each time you get in the car that won't stick, e.g., auto hold, cruise, custom mode, etc. Some day, perhaps most of these will be selectably sticky.

I went deaf in my right ear about 12 years ago and wear a hearing aid. (I have always said it really isn't an affliction, it was a reward for being married for 60 years.)

I got a new hearing aid that has several programs available, including one with noise cancelling and one for conversation. The conversation boost converts high frequencies to lower frequencies so consonants can be heard better. It really helps for normal conversational use. But it does really bad things to music and for some reason particularly with the Stinger's sound system. So in addition to all the other settings to be made before hitting the road, I have to switch to a different program.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. MerlintheMad

MerlintheMad United States 5000 Posts Club!

You are turning into my favorite poster. Lol! Reward for 60 years of marriage! :laugh: Gads. Just one more thing you "get to do" as you prepare for "launch". It's like being in an airplane and going through a checklist. When I was a little boy, I loved pretending that I was flipping this and pushing that: all that mysterious "adult man stuff" attached to operating complex, cool equipment (nearly always military in nature to boot). I actually love the c. half dozen little "get ready" steps after I shut the door to my Stinger.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. nhcowboy28

nhcowboy28 United States 1000 Posts Club!

until you replace your photo with one wearing a hat proper... I shall always see this...

C2536BA4-6759-4563-A11A-4AE3DA4938D2.jpeg C8CB4F1D-BF91-425F-B9D4-57A3E8AEF704.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. MerlintheMad

You had to say something. I think he's been using this pic waiting for somebody to say something. Now, we'll see. :p;):laugh:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Legendsk

Legendsk United States Active Member

You convinced me, so until I get a better hat picture, here's one of my friend who usually accompanies me. If you can blow up the pic enough, he's smiling with every tooth in his head showing. I do have a driving cap that will show up soonly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. nhcowboy28

Much better... Batman hangs with you!!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. MerlintheMad

Much better. I don't see the "teeth" in that Stinger grin, though, which makes me wonder how reality is so malleable. ;):D

8. turboAWD

turboAWD United States Stinger Enthusiast Sustaining Member

I think he's talking about the dog, Merlin..

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. MerlintheMad

Oh! LOL!:laugh: I didn't even see the outline of the poochie. Too small. I thought he was making a humorous reference to his new car, which goes everywhere that he does. :p

10. Mike_TX

Mike_TX United States Active Member

Getting back on topic, yes, I always turn on the cruise and the brake hold as soon as I start my car. I would also be hitting the start/stop "off" button, but I've wedged a piece of a business card in between the button and the surround to keep it depressed.

After all that, I usually adjust the temperature and turn on the seat ventilation (or heater, depending on the season) before I leave the garage.

I'd love for the cruise to stay "on", like my Acura's did, and I'd make the brake hold default to "on" as well, if I were King. And why aren't the seats keyed to the climate control? The seat coolers should come on with the A/C in hot weather and the warmers with the heater in cold weather. I think someone does that with their cars and trucks (Chrysler/Ram?).

11. CeraMike

CeraMike United States Newish Member

Auto start/stop off, and usually drive mode to Sport, although I’ve been trying Smart lately. Seems to work pretty well.

12. Johnman

Johnman United States Member

Yeah, it’s a bit irritating all the buttons I have to push whenever I drive the car. First, to “sport mode” so I can have the power and responsiveness I paid for. Then auto stop/start to “off” so my a/c doesn’t crap out at every stoplight. And finally, the “radio” button so I can get rid of the split screen with the nav that I rarely use, and actually SEE my radio presets.Geez Louise, Kia.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Gargamel

Gargamel Sweden Active Member

Drive mode -> Smart, Unless i want the sports mode and have the engine purr like a murder floof.
    Auto hold -> On.
    Stop-Start -> 40% off from start.
    Phone -> Plug in and have some muzik or a audio book for the drive.
    Sun Roof -> Sometimes open, Sometimes close, Sometimes shade open/closed.
    Belt -> On
    Seat Cooling -> 80% On currently (10% is forgetting it).
    Welcome Ding -> Wait and wait and wait forever for it to be done so i can go.
    Thinking -> Maybe i should trim it.. because is 370 HP really enough?
    isit.png

14. Kazz

Kazz United States 1000 Posts Club! STL Stinger Club Texas Stinger Swarm

1. Lock doors
    2. Ignition
    3. Seatbelt
    4. Turn off ignition stop/start
    5. Drive mode (Sport or Custom, usually)
    6. Cruise
    7. Adaptive Cruise Off (have to sit there for like 3 seconds pressing the damn button)
    8. Audio app on phone (assuming bluetooth's connected by now)
    9. Hit play or shuffle
    10. Change display to Media
    11. Heated or ventilated seat (optional)
    12. Wait another 10-15 seconds for drivetrain warmup if a cold start
    13. GO!

15. nhcowboy28

1. Seat belt
    2. Lock doors (paranoid)
    3. Start and pull out of garage onto driveway.. pause.
    4. Fix GD seat bolster that never remembers my setting
    5. Auto hold on
    6. High beam assist on
    7. Prime music selection
    8. Audio on
    9. Phone in qi charger
    10. Close garage door
    11. Drive halfway down street
    12. Drive backwards till I can see my garage door because I can’t remember if step 10 was successful.
    13. Drive a mile down road.
    14. Panic that I can’t remember if I closed garage door again
    15. Either drive back home, or pull over and check att app garage door status.
    16. Cuss and swear at how flippin forgetful I am.
    17. Drive onto destination
    18. Did I turn off the range burners/oven/grill/curler (I don’t have one)/flamethrower/etc?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Revvdmedia

Revvdmedia United States 1000 Posts Club!

My wife calls my car the space ship, considering the launch sequence, she's not totally wrong.

1. Start Car
    2. Seat Belt
    3. Press Accept on warning screen on infotainment
    4. Fix Seat Bolster (in mornings when it forgets I'm not [very] fat)
    5. Auto Start Stop to OFF
    6. Custom Drive mode (Sport if Friday, or "in the mood")
    7. Open sunroof (rattle reduction)
    8. Open side windows (I miss my coupes)
    9. Reverse from driveway
    10. Wait until FULLY stopped (otherwise it won't go into drive)
    11. Select Drive
    12. Drive briskly
    13. Pause the music intermittently to see if rattles are still there. Yep, still there.
    14. Pass people because it's not slow.
    15. Arrival to destination and expedient reverse parking like a boss. Sometimes takes 2 attempts like a minion.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Carguy55

Carguy55 United States Newish Member

GM sets the climate control, seat heaters & defrosters based on the outside temp on their cars w/remote start (at least they did on my wife's 2012 Cruze LTZ); they also had auto lock for the doors when you walked away from the car with the remote...

Enjoy,
    Carguy1955

Draft saved Draft deleted