kia stinger store

Alcohol spilled all over center console and button?

Random386

Title says it, brother took the car a few days ago I get in smells of alcohol and I instantly notice a few rags and my center console being sticky with my buttons. I assume he drove his drunk friends who brought a cup of whatever with them and put it on my center console cup holder. Saw my tune was also put on its max level so he slinged a corner to fast and drink spilled everywhere.

Steam gun, kia under warranty if even possible, or DIY open n clean with rag and steam.

Everything from the gear shifter and back is sticking.

Keys have been taken from him and his not allowed to drive my car effevtive immediately.

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
You can pick your friends but you can't pick your kin. A pity, at times like this. I agree, water first. But if spills got down inside the buttons, that will be more than I'd take on. Dealer or a positively top grade detailer.

sting me

Sustaining Member +
Disconnect the battery. Use iIsopropyl alcohol, Q-tips, canned air. The Stinger's buttons are VERY easy to spill a drink or etc into and it's hella frustrating. I had a drive-thru fail to properly attach a lid to a lemonade once and all of my buttons got wet. That trick solved it.

Worst case, it's not that hard to pull up the center console and remove the button plates and clean it all out manually.

BUT your best case is to take it to the dealer and pay them to do it, and make your brother pay for it. ;)

MerlintheMad

Sustaining Member
West Jordan, Y00TAW
The only other person to even sit behind the wheel is my wife; she drove three times briefly is all, in c. 32 months. Hah.

(ed: well, the mechanics and wash guys don't count)

sting me

Sustaining Member +
The only other person to even sit behind the wheel is my wife; she drove three times briefly is all, in c. 32 months. Hah.

(ed: well, the mechanics and wash guys don't count)
This has been my exact experience as well hahaha:rofl:

Random386

Disconnect the battery. Use iIsopropyl alcohol, Q-tips, canned air. The Stinger's buttons are VERY easy to spill a drink or etc into and it's hella frustrating. I had a drive-thru fail to properly attach a lid to a lemonade once and all of my buttons got wet. That trick solved it.

Worst case, it's not that hard to pull up the center console and remove the button plates and clean it all out manually.

BUT your best case is to take it to the dealer and pay them to do it, and make your brother pay for it. ;)
Meh my dealership and I are having some beef on replacing my chrome trim atm (that's another headache) nor will my brother pay the bill.

I assume I would be good to follow the DIY thread on Korean spec centerconsole swap and/or idle go business card one? Not scared of a DIY. Hell I might even vinyl the buttons of center console while it's off ngl lol.

Random386

First,,,never lend your car. I barely let my wife drive it, and I bought it for her....hahahaha....
I feel you, but in my family we shared cars. I put a stop to my folks bc of curbing my wheels, and brother bc this was his final straw.

Once I get me my dream cars 964 Porsche (or back to audi with a rs7) and OBS truck neither will drive it. They can't drive stick... I'm the youngest one and can, while my dad was born in a different country who mainly only has stick and still can't lol.

ecko04

Stinger Enthusiast
Personally, I would use this opportunity to upgrade. The center console that has the covered cup holders is a worthy addition to the car.

Also, to install it, you need to remove the existing console and all the buttons. This will allow you the opportunity to upgrade the ascetics of the car and clean each button, while being completely disconnected from power, outside of the car for a thorough clean.

While the console is out, you have access to the padding underneath the console and can spray it with your choice of odor remover to ensure the smells doesn’t creep back to life in the summer months when it’s warm.

Take those lemons and make lemonade.