Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Akrapovic exhaust tips

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Member Classifieds' started by ryan1stinger, Feb 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryan1stinger

ryan1stinger United States Active Member

(4) Akrapovic tips for Borla exhaust: ID 57mm & OD: 89mm

• Like Like x 1
  2. Surge

Surge United States Newish Member

I have 4 new. Never installed since I got power coated for free.

Attached Files:

3. ryan1stinger

Not sure what powder coating has to do with installing them? Are you saying you powder coated them or had them powder coated?

how much are you asking?

4. Surge

$140. I meant the oem tips

5. ryan1stinger

To confirm, these have an inside diameter of 57mm and an outside diameter of 89mm in order to fit the 2.25” tail pipe from the Borla exhaust?

Hard to tell from the pic, but there is a clamp on each to attach to the tailpipe?

6. ryan1stinger

Interesting, your piping is black and the ones I’m looking at are silver. Where did you purchase these?

I can get them for $120 from Aliexpress.

upload_2020-2-14_17-7-29.png upload_2020-2-14_17-7-29.jpeg

7. Surge

yes they all have the clamps but they are 51mm out 89mm. Not sure if that will fit borla

8. ryan1stinger

I’m not willing to risk it.

9. ryan1stinger

Thanks for reaching out. Best of luck with your sale.

10. Buzzrush

Buzzrush United States Active Member

The Borla exhaust narrows down to 2 inches at the tips. I bought these same tips from aliexpress 51mm 89mm for my Borla and they didn't fit...too small. People have had that size work with their borla but they didn't fit mine. Moved up to 57mm 89mm and they were too large. People have filled in the gap with exhaust wrap to make them fit but I didn't want to do that. Decided to sand and paint the OEM tips glossy black. This is my next project. I still have the 57mm 89mm tips if your interested in filling in the gap. I'll sell them cheap..80 and you pay the shipping. There are some scratches on the sides of the tips where I slid them into the diffuser but you can't see them when installed. If your interested let me know!

11. ryan1stinger

Thanks for the info. As for the Borla exhaust everything I’ve read lists the tube as 2.25” in diameter. The fact that you and @WildBill mentioned it narrows to 2” is disconcerting. I’m going to contact Borla regarding this. 54mm converts to 2.00x inches therefore your tail pipe must be slightly larger than 2”. Aliexpress also sells 54mm which is 2.12x”

For now I’m going to hold off on purchasing these until I speak with Borla.

12. Socalstinga

Socalstinga United States Stinger Enthusiast

You should look thru one of the threads regarding tips, one member contacted and confirmed the borla size. I have but never installed, 51x89. I was looking to sell mine for $50, just sit in my garage since I did a custom tip for mine.

13. Buzzrush

Buzzrush United States Active Member

Sounds good. Good luck and I hope you find the right size because those tips look awesome! Don't trust what Borla tells you. The pipe is 2.25 but necks down to 2 for the last foot or so. Several members on here will confirm this. I did a ton of homework on this and many people on here said the 51mm fit their borla perfectly. Not sure if my borla tips are a bit misshapened but I removed the entire muffler to fit the tips and the 51mm wouldn't fit over the exhaust. I then tried them on the OEM exhaust and they fit perfectly. Only way to know for sure is to get under your car and measure the muffler tips yourself. Ordering from Aliexpress can be a bit of a pain...long delivery times and if you want to return them, it'll cost you a fortune. If I were you, I'd buy the tips from Socal for 50...great price and if they don't fit (theoretically they should) you could always sell them on here to someone with the OEM exhaust. Much better than paying 130, waiting 3 weeks for delivery, dismantling your exhaust only to find they don't fit, then trying to return them and being told by the post office it's gonna be 200 to ship them back:mad:. This happened to me...twice lol. The risk vs reward going with Socals tips is definitely worth it. My 2 cents...good luck!

Last edited: Feb 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  14. ryan1stinger

Thanks. I searched yesterday but can’t find anyone mentioning contacting Borla regarding tube size at the tail pipe. Are you selling all four for $50 and do they include clamps. I’m contacting Borla on Monday, assuming their open for the holiday, and I’ll let you know what they say.

15. ryan1stinger

Thanks for the feedback and I certainly agree purchasing these locally vs overseas makes a lot of sense. If it’s $50 for four that is a great deal. I want to hear for myself what Borla says on this and then decide, because as you put it these don’t fit your Borla so I don’t want be in the same position of taking my time to purchase something that I just need to turn around and sell. If yes can’t trust what Borla says then I shouldn’t be purchasing their product. This is a simple question and given what they charge for their exhaust all should be the same size down to the millimeter, therefore I’m thinking your tips may not be sized appropriately.

16. ryan1stinger

I know you didn’t install, but did you size them up to confirm they would fit over the Borla tail pipe?

17. Socalstinga

I don’t have a borla and got them via wrong info from the manufacturer of my catback

18. Socalstinga

Yes $50 for all 4, comes w/ everything. I just want to clear out my garage and storage which is full of my oem parts I swapped out.

19. ryan1stinger

Cool. These are Akrapovic, correct? If you can share a pic and once I confirm with Borla Mon or Tues these will fit you have a buyer.

20. Socalstinga

upload_2020-2-15_15-5-21.jpeg

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.