Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Aftermarket LED ambient footwell lighting available?

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Lighting - Inside and Out' started by Tazztattoo, Jan 16, 2018.

1. Tazztattoo

Tazztattoo Australia Active Member

can anyone advise if there would be after market LED lighting kits to replicate the factory foot well lighting system in the Canadian/USA Stingers? understanding the controls could not be integrated into the infotainment system and would be on a separate switch I imagine if available?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Sting

Sting Australia Active Member

Interesting but no mention on the manual at all about footwell lights.
    Does Ne1 have any more details on these?

3. Sting

Sting Australia Active Member

Tazz try this link, maybe might help!
    Diode Dynamics | Diode Dynamics

4. TuscaniCustoms

TuscaniCustoms Slovenia Active Member Authorized Vendor

As much as I have seen no, nothing like that is made but it probably will be eventually.

5. voon

voon Switzerland Stinger Enthusiast

What's in there? If it's a standard light bulb or some sofitte type light, then there's always LED replacements on the generic market.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Coast GT

Coast GT Australia Active Member

I got footwell lights as standard on my GT. No mention of them by the dealer when I was looking at the car other than mentioning them in the accessories brochure. Was surprised to see I had them when I started the car in the dark. They come on automatically at unlock, fade away after start driving and turn on again at ignition off. No options for their control in the lighting menu in the car.

7. Stinger GT SS

Stinger GT SS Australia 1000 Posts Club!

I had the same issue, I wanted them fitted when I ordered the car as well, they are standard in AU GT’s even my dealer didn’t realise it at the time until I pointed it out to him.

8. Coast GT

Yeah they know the product well lol. Isn’t yours a 2017 model? You’d think by now they’d know. Mines an April 18 build it’s not like it’s the first one off the boat.

9. Stinger GT SS

Yes Oct.17 build & in the dealers defence they had only one car, in summer with daylight saving so it very hard to see unless you get right under the dash.

10. Coast GT

I was more having a go at mine they should’ve known especially when they kept talking up the training they did on the car and the stinger experience day they had at Eastern Creek but they’re pretty good otherwise so won’t hold it against them.

11. Stinger GT SS

Oh yes I understand, the young sales girl (21) who sold mine is car mad, she showed me everything on the car, set up my iPhone Bluetooth etc. it was the Sales Manager that wasn’t aware. But you are right if they have had sales track days & units on the lot it is then the salesman job to know what they are selling. I’m amazed over the years how many times I’ve shown salesman the benefits of a car, it frustrates me as it is their job to know.

Draft saved Draft deleted