Aftermarket headlight assembly for Base model(s)

StingerLove

Newish Member
Hey peeps!! So, my wife and I purchased her 2019 Kia Stinger Base (no premium package) about four months ago. My wife was driving a ‘14 Kia Optima Limited 2.0 Turbo which she ABSOLUTELY loved! However, trading in the “fully loaded” Optima for the Base Stinger, we lost SO many features. In fact, I should probably post the LONG list of option(s) we lost going from the Optima SXL to the Stinger Base to help those in the same situation make a more informed decision. For now though, the #1 thing we miss the most is the HID headlights. Unfortunately, the premium package would have put the monthly payment over budget. Now that she’s been driving the stinger for a few month(s), night driving visibility is poor at best. I am aware of the “many” LED bulbs on the market replacing the halogen one(s). However, when switching to the brighter LED bulbs, some minor wiring adjustments will need to be made. From a visual perspective, the one thing (other than badging) that screams, “my Stinger is a Base” is the ugly headlight assembly. My question is this, can I replace my halogen headlight assembly, with the factory HID headlight(s) that come on the GT and Base Premium model(s)? Or, if anyone has a link to an aftermarket headlight assembly replacement, I would consider those as well. I’ve looked for aftermarket replacements with no luck so I thought maybe someone on these forums could help me out. Thanks in advance!!

Never thought

1000 Posts Club!
Arizona
Hey peeps!! So, my wife and I purchased her 2019 Kia Stinger Base (no premium package) about four months ago. My wife was driving a ‘14 Kia Optima Limited 2.0 Turbo which she ABSOLUTELY loved! However, trading in the “fully loaded” Optima for the Base Stinger, we lost SO many features. In fact, I should probably post the LONG list of option(s) we lost going from the Optima SXL to the Stinger Base to help those in the same situation make a more informed decision. For now though, the #1 thing we miss the most is the HID headlights. Unfortunately, the premium package would have put the monthly payment over budget. Now that she’s been driving the stinger for a few month(s), night driving visibility is poor at best. I am aware of the “many” LED bulbs on the market replacing the halogen one(s). However, when switching to the brighter LED bulbs, some minor wiring adjustments will need to be made. From a visual perspective, the one thing (other than badging) that screams, “my Stinger is a Base” is the ugly headlight assembly. My question is this, can I replace my halogen headlight assembly, with the factory HID headlight(s) that come on the GT and Base Premium model(s)? Or, if anyone has a link to an aftermarket headlight assembly replacement, I would consider those as well. I’ve looked for aftermarket replacements with no luck so I thought maybe someone on these forums could help me out. Thanks in advance!!
It would probably be cheaper having the headlights retrofitted to HID. Checkout the retrofit source (google it). Also, the headlights on the GT are LED. I think I saw that each headlight is $2k. So you’d be looking at $4k worth of headlights.

eflyguy

2500 Posts Club!
Georgia, USA
However, when switching to the brighter LED bulbs, some minor wiring adjustments will need to be made.
Not sure what modifications you are referring to. I've installed HID, then more recently LED, in at least 9 vehicles that came with Halogen bulbs. The only time I ever needed "wiring" was back in the very early days of HID, where a dedicated harness was needed. They haven't needed that since I replaced "old" ones with new in my 2011 Sorento back around 8 years ago.

You might need a CANBUS adapter, but otherwise it's all plug-and-play. The HID (low) and LED (high) drive units all fit completely inside the headlight assembly on my 2015 Sorento and my 2003 F150, as well as the Bi-Xenon setup on my ex's 2011 Soul.

I bought all my stuff on Amazon or eBay. The only time I had an issue was a kit from one of the "reputable" sellers that charge 3x more, or worse.

G

G-374844

Thanks for the info!! I am definitely wanting to upgrade the factory halogen bulbs the LED bulbs and I was confused as to what wiring, may or may not be involved. I wasn’t sure if the “plug-in-play” light(s) would give me the “true” HID look. I have a short-medium list of complaint(s) with the Stinger, having traded in the ‘14 Optima sxL (274 HP and 269 lb -ft torque). I quickly realized just “how much” we downgraded. Back to the topic tho: ultimately, I would like to replace the complete headlight assembly. Nothing screams, “I’m a Kia Stinger base model owner” like the halogen “projectors” and for lack of a better word “cheesy” DRL. With the Stinger is still in the infant stage, I have had zero luck finding ANY aftermarket headlight assembly. Which leads me back to my original question; can I replace my factory halogen headlight(s) with the HID lights that come standard on the premium model as well as all the GT model(s)? The headlight assembly on all model(s) follow the same mold or shape but wasn’t sure about the electrical side. With my obvious lack of knowledge regarding automotive headlight(s), I would definitely pay a professional to install new assemblie(s). Thanks again for the input!