kia stinger store

Additional protection question.

NewStingerScorpionOwner

Newish Member
Hi all,

I am new to this forum having found it on google looking for some assistance to my question.

I just placed my order for a 2022 Stinger Scorpion and the dealer presented me with a couple of options. I was going to get the Excess Wear and Use but the dealer recommended the Appearance Protection. His pitch was (a) it has more coverage, and (b) why only have the ability to fix at the end of the lease with the Excess when you can have the ability to fix damage when it happens with the Appearance. It does cost $800.00 more.

Any insight?

Thank you.

n8hegr8

Hi all,

I am new to this forum having found it on google looking for some assistance to my question.

I just placed my order for a 2022 Stinger Scorpion and the dealer presented me with a couple of options. I was going to get the Excess Wear and Use but the dealer recommended the Appearance Protection. His pitch was (a) it has more coverage, and (b) why only have the ability to fix at the end of the lease with the Excess when you can have the ability to fix damage when it happens with the Appearance. It does cost $800.00 more.

Any insight?

Thank you.
when ive turned in leases, they dont care about little scratches and minor damage. in my experience, it was a way for them to tack more money onto the lease offering extra things in the beginning. i once purchased a scratch wheel protection thing that was like 400$ and never used it.

NewStingerScorpionOwner

Newish Member
when ive turned in leases, they dont care about little scratches and minor damage. in my experience, it was a way for them to tack more money onto the lease offering extra things in the beginning. i once purchased a scratch wheel protection thing that was like 400$ and never used it.
I have the leaseguard on my current car (although I haven't turned it in so who knows if I would have needed it). I also got the tire and rim protection and have not used it.

I guess, much like insurance, you only appreciate it once you need it.

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

n8hegr8

I have the leaseguard on my current car (although I haven't turned it in so who knows if I would have needed it). I also got the tire and rim protection and have not used it.

I guess, much like insurance, you only appreciate it once you need it.
very true, i guess you are correct, better to cover your ass.

cncBilly

1000 Posts Club!
North Vancouver
Hi all,

Any insight?

Thank you.
Congrats on the purchase. What part of he country you in? Avoid buying dealer add ons! The after market and or yourself can do better for cheaper.

cjbigcog

Oregon
PPF= paint protection film. You may find a local installer that charges less.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

cncBilly

1000 Posts Club!
North Vancouver
Just found out they only have black and not ghost grey which I ordered or white which was my second choice. I am torn. What do you all think?
I think you should look for another dealer and buy what you want. But does it really matter what other people think? You’re the one driving it, you’re the one paying for it so you should be the one making the decision. What do you think!:whistle:

NewStingerScorpionOwner

Newish Member
I think you should look for another dealer and buy what you want. But does it really matter what other people think? You’re the one driving it, you’re the one paying for it so you should be the one making the decision. What do you think!:whistle:
Something about the black on this car I don’t like. I found the pearl white - I think it would look great with a tint. It’s not the ghost grey but not the dealbreaker the black is.

ShannonC

2500 Posts Club!
Something about the black on this car I don’t like. I found the pearl white - I think it would look great with a tint. It’s not the ghost grey but not the dealbreaker the black is.
IMO, can't go wrong with Snow White Pearl.
20210414_235943.jpg 20211119_074059.jpg

Last edited:

Legendsk

Deep south Texas
Insurance used to be called "The Protection Racket" until they renamed it and legislated it to be legal. Really, you are making a bet with them that you will collect more in claims than they will collect in premium payments. And then you allow them to decide which claims they will pay? And they are very, very good at calculating odds and know exactly what they are doing.

If a catastrophic loss would be a disaster for you, a mortgaged house burning down for example, then insurance may be the answer. Otherwise, invest your money in insurance company stock, not an insurance policy.

NewStingerScorpionOwner

Newish Member
Insurance used to be called "The Protection Racket" until they renamed it and legislated it to be legal. Really, you are making a bet with them that you will collect more in claims than they will collect in premium payments. And then you allow them to decide which claims they will pay? And they are very, very good at calculating odds and know exactly what they are doing.

If a catastrophic loss would be a disaster for you, a mortgaged house burning down for example, then insurance may be the answer. Otherwise, invest your money in insurance company stock, not an insurance policy.
Haha - that is some sound advice right there.

NewStingerScorpionOwner

Newish Member
Geez... the white one will be close to $100.00 more per month. My choices are to get black or just to not get it or to not get the Scorpion edition. There's always a hiccup along the way with this stuff just when you think it is done.

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!