Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

Add official LSD (Limited Slip Differential) to GT aftermarket?

Discussion in 'Engine, Drivetrain, and Exhaust Discussion' started by ZyroXZ2, Jun 8, 2018.

1. ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2 United States Member

I remember seeing someone post that they obtained the LSD (Limited Slip Differential) from the dealership and was going to install it on their GT.

I went to my dealership, and they said they can't get the LSD (Limited Slip Differential) for me by itself but have only a few options options: either $5,000 for the whole Drive Wise package plus the LSD (Limited Slip Differential) and installation; $3,000 for the entire transfer case; $1,400 for just the internal assembly with LSD (Limited Slip Differential).

Of course, all of those are ridiculous numbers for just a limited slip... The service manager says when he puts in my VIN, those are the only things he's allowed in order to maintain my warranty, and that he's not even able to order just the part... He says if I can get the part number or some info about how else it can be obtained, he'd help me out since he can't really find the LSD (Limited Slip Differential) by itself in the system.

Anyone here have a part number, and/or the pricing?

Thanks in advance!

2. Carter Chee

Carter Chee United States Newish Member

There is one on ebay for $1145.00 plus 145.00 for shipping

3. Kazz

Kazz United States Stinger Enthusiast

Yeah, they can be found. The question to me is can it be installed and the nanny, etc. systems adapt to it.

4. ZyroXZ2

ZyroXZ2 United States Member

o_O I'm guessing we're screwed for awhile on pricing until the aftermarket grows... I mean, a good one should really only be $700-800 bucks...

I have no doubt that if they don't out of the box, it's not hard to add the programming aftermarket pulled from a stock unit with an LSD (Limited Slip Differential). Where there's a will, there's a way, and with this car, I wholly expect 600+HP Stingers running around in another year (or less!).

Draft saved Draft deleted