• PLEASE! It is VERY important that this area is not used for the discussion of technical issues with your Stinger. This section is for posting about regional-specific things like Stinger clubs, events, local vendor or dealer recommendations, KiaStinger.com member sightings, etcetera... In other words, I do NOT want people to need to scour through several different sections to find answers about their heads up display. That's why there's a section dedicated specifically to discussions like that. THANK YOU!

A UK Forum section

StingerGareth88

Stick a TDI tuner in that diesel, it will pay itself back on mpg plus extra power. Alot more power and torque on the low end range. Run mine in map 1 for long distance and map 7 every other time
Which brand did you go for? I was looking at the ones provided by TDI tuning, but hard to find any mode specific reviews. Does the box you have hve Bluetooth connection to allow for change of map from device rather than lifting bonnet? How much difference do you see on the mpg? Thanks in advance

mtuckeruk

Which brand did you go for? I was looking at the ones provided by TDI tuning, but hard to find any mode specific reviews. Does the box you have hve Bluetooth connection to allow for change of map from device rather than lifting bonnet? How much difference do you see on the mpg? Thanks in advance
Went for the one from "tdi dash tuning dot com" just so I'm not promoting anyone's website link. Yes I took the Bluetooth option which allows you to download their app and control the 7 modes from your mobile. Although to be honest you could technically skip the Bluetooth and just stick it in race mode 7 and leave it, it's pretty economical in 7 anyways. Then perhaps switch it into mode 1 for long trips. I never used any of the other modes except for the first 50 miles they talk about leaving it in default mode.

Overall MPG difference, difficult to say but I used to struggle to average 50mpg on long trips now it's easy. You might have seen my 62mpg hypermiling thread for 220 miles from Stockton to Leighton fully loaded car with passengers and bags and fuel. Although I was trying really hard to drive economically at 75mph. Would guess at least 5mpg more. If you planting your foot down in race 7 you going to see no savings whatsoever.

It's a difficult one to describe the change in power and in some ways not really noticeable but other ways it is. Power and torque comes in earlier in the rev range , car was quite laggy around 1800-2500rpm now it's got the power and torque in that range. Before I had to use the 2800-4000rpm to get it to really go. Now it seems to have the power spread more evenly. To me it feels like it pulls long as you accelerate up to speed, no more flat spots. I think the tuner gives it the best of both, better power and torque in the right rev range and better economy when you pair mode 1 with eco mode on Stinger. Although mode 7 and eco I would say is almost as good as mode 1 and eco. Left mine in 7 now pretty much all the time.

Easiest install as well, 5 minute job

mtuckeruk

Chaps I traded in my Stinger CRDi (sad face)..... but for an identical Stinger V6 (happy face). Both are red with red interior, I can actually say the tech inside is exactly the same between the models, only difference I could find was on the menus, there is an extra page for torque and boost in the V6. So in terms of tech the UK pretty much got all the same across all models from what I can see, would say thats a major plus for lower models. Differences from what I can see are only engine, wheels and brakes. The Americans and Canadians seem to have a lot more variation between models

Oh my but does this V6 pull hard!! Rebadge and tune still to be done

mtuckeruk

Bit of an update, I've got the TDI tuner I used in my old diesel reprogrammed for the 3.3 V6. They claim up to 428bhp and 571 Nm. I installed it today and took it for the obligatory 20 mile wear in period before opening it up on some straights. It's absolutely insane on pick up and pulls super strong. Just amazing, I was pretty nervous on the braking part, might need better or new brakes. Completely smashed an Audi S5 who was giving it the beans , he had no chance, the KIA reeled him in no time. He looked so surprised and gave me the thumbs up and gave up.

I haven't done the rebadge yet , parts on order still. With the standard KIA badges it's the perfect sleeper car I can tell you.

I will be testing the eco mode which is one of the main reasons for putting the tuner in as it made a big difference on the diesel version.

Car has also had a muffler and resonator delete. Has a great sound. Little bit of drone which I'm busy trying to reduce from the inside of car, spare wheel area, under rear seats and boot liner area

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Cooper50

Newish Member
Hi all in the UK. Where you all from? What variant you driving. So many questions................
I'm in Cambridgeshire and running a 2.0 GT-Line in Panthera Metal

Are there any UK Stinger clubs or up and coming meets (Pandemic allowing)?

View attachment 47573
Hi i have the 3.3GT2 lm in Glasgow have only seen 4 others on the road got the stinger bag on the back just got the center wheel covers all so just ordered the front stinger bag

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Damian Suchet

Surrey, UK
Chaps I traded in my Stinger CRDi (sad face)..... but for an identical Stinger V6 (happy face). Both are red with red interior, I can actually say the tech inside is exactly the same between the models, only difference I could find was on the menus, there is an extra page for torque and boost in the V6. So in terms of tech the UK pretty much got all the same across all models from what I can see, would say thats a major plus for lower models. Differences from what I can see are only engine, wheels and brakes. The Americans and Canadians seem to have a lot more variation between models

Oh my but does this V6 pull hard!! Rebadge and tune still to be don

Hi Guys, I collected my 70 reg Orange 3.3 Stinger a few weeks ago and very pleased with it so far. it was an ex demo and managed to get a great deal as the dealers need to clear their books before registering the slightly updated demo cars they have to buy.
Had it ceramic coated yesterday very cheaply by a guy who came to me and massively reduced the price due to the impact Covid has had on business. I think there's a lot of nonsense written about these new ceramic coatings so only opted for it over the basic dealership's wax based protection due to his price. Looks amazing but only time will tell of course
Slight frustration today as I went to fit the vintage K overlays and managed to ruin the rear one by trying to 'flatten' it marginally for a better fit. I also have some questions of the supplier as the wheel overlays seem to have an extra set of matching 3m pads but the overlays already have 3m applied.
Is the extra padding/3m sticker needed for a better fit? I'm guessing so as the overlay is fractionally larger than the original badge and probably won't stick without it.
I must say, the orange GTS wheel overlays on SAINTSPETE's car look better than I had imagined. I might go for them myself
I have a couple more questions I will post separately
Hi, what's the exhaust note like? I have a 2018 3.3 and the only disappointing feature is the rather lacklustre exhaust. Can't seem to find advice on a replacement exhaust here in the UK, so wondered about the new model. Thanks

Saintspete

Newish Member
Hi all
I had the Borla cat back s type exhaust fitted last year and have now just installed the Ark performance downpipes to get rid of the annoying PF's. I had quite a few issues with the engine check light but have now resolved all this by having a remap to delete the PF signals and also got it done upto stage 2 which added upto 50bhp extra.
She sounds amazing now even in eco mode and turns heads where ever we go.
She has also been rebadged and had all the windows tinted.

Ozstung

5000 Posts Club!
Western Sydney.
Hi, what's the exhaust note like? I have a 2018 3.3 and the only disappointing feature is the rather lacklustre exhaust. Can't seem to find advice on a replacement exhaust here in the UK, so wondered about the new model. Thanks
Borla S type is great just purchase some tips to extend to the back exhaust facia as it comes up short. Can't remember the size? 105 x 75 x 51??

JTomo

Newish Member
Hi all in the UK. Where you all from? What variant you driving. So many questions................
I'm in Cambridgeshire and running a 2.0 GT-Line in Panthera Metal

Are there any UK Stinger clubs or up and coming meets (Pandemic allowing)?

View attachment 47573
Hi, just about to pick up my 2021 KIA Stinger 3.3 GT on Tuesday. Excited. I'm from Hampshire.

RHill7

Hi all, new (to me) GTS owner which I picked up a few weeks ago. Came from a BMW M140i, feels quicker than the little hatch, helps that the Stinger puts the power down a lot better (which wasn't hard to beat). Got plans to do some things down the line, but for the time being, I'm happy enjoying it as standard for now!

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Hilleagle

Hi all, new (to me) GTS owner which I picked up a few weeks ago. Came from a BMW M140i, feels quicker than the little hatch, helps that the Stinger puts the power down a lot better (which wasn't hard to beat). Got plans to do some things down the line, but for the time being, I'm happy enjoying it as standard for now!
Welcome to the club!

G

G-82331

yep i kind of envy the 3.3 litre petrol, just destroys anything that tries to race it, i would recommend the rebadge as that makes most people wonder what it is and inquire. I just ordered the vinyl overlays so you can just return it back to normal if needed. I had a lady photograph the car and badge whilst my missus was still in the car...lol. GF was like WTF! Fuel consumption on the GTS sounds harsh but if you doing low mileage its worth it I reckon. Quick note if you see a Stinger , the 2.0 or 3.3 will have quad exhaust and diesel will have dual exhaust, easy way to tell. Although saying that I hacked my diesel with a quad exhaust so you cant actually tell but would expect most owners would not change the diffuser to mask the difference. I still plan to remap my Stinger diesel after next service , think i will probably be the first to do this as I cant seem to find anyone who has done it , so it should be interesting to see the results but my Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 diesel was remapped from 160 to 192bhp on a simple eco remap and it gave the car a whole new feel and also better economy. I still have the Insignia diesel and drive it now and again. Its 192bhp and with the Stinger at 200bhp I can still tell the Stinger is much faster mostly because of the automatic transmission, it pulls much faster at speed than the Insignia, both cars weigh approx. the same. The auto trans works well for the diesel version. But yes the Stinger is certainly an eye turner. Had my GFs mate spot the car in the driveway and he changed his order on his new Audi to try match the same colour as the Stinger Chroma Red, he was amazed by the colour and tried to change his order from grey to the the red
Where do you get all of your mods from as the KDM shop doesn’t seem to ship to the UK. In checkout there is no option for the Uk

Kia Stinger

Staff member
Palm Beach, FL
Where do you get all of your mods from as the KDM shop doesn’t seem to ship to the UK. In checkout there is no option for the Uk
If you contact me directly I can get you situated with an order from KDM Warehouse. Otherwise, check the vendor section here in the forums and there are plenty of trustworthy vendors here to buy from.