kia stinger store

A Squeaking Sound

Glen1023

Aurora, CO
Hello all,
I have 7600 miles on my 2020 GT1, and when I shut off the car after pulling it into the garage I hear a loud squeaking/squealing sound that lasts for a second or two; just heard it a few minutes ago.
Are we talking about a belt that has gone bad with such low miles?

Last edited:

n8hegr8

ive already posted about this before... mine started doing this a few months ago. i had video of it too. is it when you shut off the car, you hear a screech/squeal sound? i was told by the service department and someone on this forum it was the waste gate actuator, whatever that is. i am not convinced thats what it is though.
mine started making the noise once my auto start stop quit working. it does sound like a belt slipping to me. many times id go to put the car in park and the auto start stop would engage, shutting the car down and then immediately turning it back on.
i think thats what screwed something up and then i started hearing the sound.

Glen1023

Aurora, CO
ive already posted about this before... mine started doing this a few months ago. i had video of it too. is it when you shut off the car, you hear a screech/squeal sound? i was told by the service department and someone on this forum it was the waste gate actuator, whatever that is. i am not convinced thats what it is though.
mine started making the noise once my auto start stop quit working. it does sound like a belt slipping to me. many times id go to put the car in park and the auto start stop would engage, shutting the car down and then immediately turning it back on.
i think thats what screwed something up and then i started hearing the sound.
My auto stop/start feature works fine, but my issue sounds like your issue

kia stinger badges
Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Stinger? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

n8hegr8

its annoying and ive been told to live with it.

n8hegr8

see if you can get a video of it. i bet we are experiencing the same thing. i also have low miles.

new kia badge emblem logo
The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

Glen1023

Aurora, CO
see if you can get a video of it. i bet we are experiencing the same thing. i also have low miles.
I have a video of it with sound of course but my dumb ass can seem to load it to the site.
When I try to I can see all my other pictures, but not the video.
I can add the video to an email if needed to.

n8hegr8

I have a video of it with sound of course but my dumb ass can seem to load it to the site.
When I try to I can see all my other pictures, but not the video.
I can add the video to an email if needed to.
try using the attach files button.

n8hegr8

waste gate acuator my ass

Glen1023

Aurora, CO
try using the attach files button.
I have, and I can see my pictures but not that video.
It’s there in my iPhone though.
I can send it to you directly if that would work?

n8hegr8

i attached mine to a google photos link, and then just posted the link in a thread.
i dont really want to give my phone number out, no offense.

The best place to buy Kia Stinger modifications is at KDM Warehouse dot com! The official store of Kia Stinger dot com...

n8hegr8

you could try using Wetransfer.com and then posting the link here.

n8hegr8

why would it would the e-brake if no one is engaging the e-break, plus its coming from somewhere down in the engine bay.

Glen1023

Aurora, CO
Unfortunately that is not the case. The E Brake comes on for me when I leave the Auto Hold activated, but I usually do not, or manually turn it on.
the sound can be replicated while in park by just starting the car up and shutting it down without leaving the garage.

RM7

North
why would it would the e-brake if no one is engaging the e-break, plus its coming from somewhere down in the engine bay.
I would bet in park it engages when the car is shut off. That’s how it worked on my BMW and it sounded like a rusty spring, right after shut off.

Glen1023

Aurora, CO
I have heard the E Brake engage in my current Stinger and a 2016 Optima SXL and the sounds are very different.
As long as the auto hold feature is not on or turned off before getting home, the E Brake will not engage for me.