A cure for Kia's terrible cabin filters ...................hopefully !

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
THIS!
I've done this for years to eliminate the development of mold. Turn the A/C off but keep the fan on high and it'll dry right out, and it only takes a couple of minutes.
agree totally BUT I'm referencing the cabin filters , odors from outside the car , exhaust , cigarette smoke etc finds its way into our cars much worse than any other car I've owned , this is not specific to the Stinger .....................

westcoastGT

5000 Posts Club!
Vancouver , Canada
i did order some pureflow cabin air filters that is supposed to do better with a layer of activated carbon and baking soda... we share filters with the genesis g70, telluride, etc that have the option even from factory with activated carbon filters.. should be here today!
pls keep us posted !!

Did you end up with the filter?
Yes, definately better than the original but nowhere near as good at filtering out odors as the carbon filters on our 20 year old BMWs ... I think it is just the design of them. The BMW cabin air filters were sealed better and had two filters. The stinger cabin filter just slides in and has some foam around the edges to seal around the filter unlike the solid plastic frame in the BMW to force all air to go through the filter preventing air"leakage"around the filter.

RogueIV

This is all a step up from my old WRX that didn't have a cabin filter, but did find it odd I could smell the outside more than I thought I would.