Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

a concerning lease disclaimer....

Discussion in 'How to Buy a Kia Stinger' started by Brian Koster, Dec 7, 2018 at 9:49 AM.

1. Brian Koster

Brian Koster United States Newish Member

Has anyone noticed this disclaimer in the lease contract? I got this from the kia website

"An extra charge may be imposed at the end of the lease term where the lessee's liability, if any, is based on the difference between the residual value of the leased property and its realized value at the end of the lease term."

Does this mean Kia gets to charge me extra of their residual calculation wasn't accurate?

2. DiabloStinger

DiabloStinger United States Stinger Enthusiast

I'm no lawyer, but I believe they are talking about appraised damage affecting the value of the vehicle as it sits when you turn it in. 'Realized value' is the key.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Brian Koster

Brian Koster United States Newish Member

Thanks Diablo...you are proably right, but I will confirm with dealer.

4. Andimal

Andimal United States Member

This is standard across the board. Aside from damage, I'm sure under/over mileage comes into play as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted