Hey! I see you! Please take two seconds to sign up! We'd love to have you as a member of our Kia Stinger club. You have nothing to lose and so much to gain... :)

5 things I Love About my Stinger GT

Discussion in 'Kia Stinger Talk' started by DJRumdada, Feb 20, 2020.

1. DJRumdada

DJRumdada United States Member

5 Things I LOVE about my KIA STINGER GT

Had some fun making this one!

hope you guys agree on the points!

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. RonNSoCal

RonNSoCal United States Active Member

Nice video, looks like you had fun making it.

3. GenesisG70

GenesisG70 United States 1000 Posts Club!

5 things I love love love about my Stinger:

1. Did not get ripped off like the Germans usually rip me off.
    2. Did not get ripped off like the Germans usually rip me off.
    3. Did not get ripped off like the Germans usually rip me off.
    4. Did not get ripped off like the Germans usually rip me off.
    5. Did not get ripped off like the Germans usually rip me off.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 5000 Posts Club!

........................sure , but what about not getting ripped off by the Germans ???

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. GenesisG70

I mean yeah German cars are awesome but they are too overpriced, I will stick with american and korean cars from now after my R8 dies or is sold. For example a Porsche 992 with some rip off options could be easily 160,000 USD that is insane for a car that you can see frequently on the streets.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. RonNSoCal

So are you saying you do not always get what you pay for? It amazes me how much some of the German cars depreciate, with Porsche being the exception. I have looked at a few 2017 Mercedes Roadsters as a possible replacement for my '11 C6 Corvette and am amazed at how much three year old MB SL and SLC class roadsters have lost value. From the ads, it appears I could buy a three year old low mileage example for about half of its original MSRP, while my 9 year old Corvette is still worth about 40% of its value from new. The only problem is that I would be leaving myself open to much higher maintenance costs. Other than tires, my Corvette has been low maintenance. Of course now it is no longer under warranty, I suppose that could change.

7. westcoastGT

westcoastGT 5000 Posts Club!

The thing to do with German cars is to buy a cherry before the warranty runs out and get a good extended warranty plan . We had a BMW 550 GT that we decided to keep past warranty and we had over $7000 in repairs over the next 2 years , luckily they were covered by an extended warranty !

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. General_Vodka

General_Vodka United States Active Member

Don't get me started on German cars. They are only good in a few things : aftermarket support, easy power and very cheap when salvaged. For example: 335i with 10k of mods (turbos, tune, ect) was sold for 3k. They are basically disposables. Get one, use it and then get rid of it. Like toilet paper.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. GenesisG70

Well my 2014 Porsche Cayman S was 84,000 USD when I bought it new, zero accidents and now is worth little more than 30,000 USD. The question that I asked myself when the 992 cam out and wanted to buy it was: is it really a 992 with some options worth 140k to 160k? I said hell no... Thats my opinion though.

10. Revvdmedia

Revvdmedia United States 1000 Posts Club!

I won't argue that my new German car is expensive especially for what it is and what it offers, and I won't deny the value proposition that Kia offers on a car like the Stinger, but for me the Stinger did nothing emotionally for me and did not live up the standard I expected. If nothing else, I figured I would give German a try once, just because. I'm not dissatisfied with my decision (yet), but I will admit it is a pricey vehicle and I know it'll depreciate. What I bought is also niche though, not much else in the North American market that fits the "small car, big engine" box with a little more upscale build. It sure is fun though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. BlueByYouGT

BlueByYouGT Active Member

I agree, and I'll add that the German automakers aren't "ripping people off." Problems with German cars (reliability, massive depreciation, value, etc) are well documented. If someone chooses to overlook those known problems and buy one any way they are responsible for that decision and shouldn't blame the automaker for "ripping them off."

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. GenesisG70

How much did you pay for your 2020 BMW M240i X-Drive

13. GenesisG70

My Porsche which is supposed to be a legendary car brand is worth 30k from 80k, where is the value? I called it ripping off, truly for what it is my Porsche should have been a 65 to 70k car not 84,000 USD. Germans like rip off people, overcharge over priced whatever you wanna call it.

14. Revvdmedia

About 12k more than the Stinger all said and done. I lost some features but the car feels more solid in some areas I felt were cheaped out on the Stinger.

For what I was looking for and what I feel the m240i offers, I basically feel I got a slightly detuned Supra with back seats, a sunroof and all wheel drive. Supra would have been more money...

15. RonNSoCal

Any car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, so arguably, no car is overpriced. Value is quantifiable in terms of cost of ownership. but we all value attributes of a car differently, so even cost of ownership does not tell us what owning a particular car may be worth to an individual. It sure is fun to kick around and share our personal experiences and preferences, though.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
  16. ScottM

ScottM United States Active Member

I hear things like "you know what you're getting when you get it, so you're not getting ripped off" and "Any car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it..."

This sounds pretty straight forward, but not really. A millionaire might find an "overpriced" $100,000 German car to be a steal. Whereas a tenthousandaire might find an "overpriced" $100,000 German car to be well, just that, overpriced. Saying it's worth what someone will pay for it is a partial truth and saying you aren't getting shafted because you know what you're getting into is a partial truth as well. Point is...you buy a German car you KNOW you're buying an overpriced rip off of a car, but you accept it if you have the money because it is what it is. Side note, just because you know certain truths...doesn't mean they aren't truths. Bottom line, it's all perspective and to me...when buying a German car you are getting shafted on an overpriced car. That's just my opinion though. :D

17. Revvdmedia

It is 100% opinion and perspective. Who's to say that most Stinger owners couldn't get by with a cheaper alternative, or to those with a GT, couldn't have bought a base trim for substantially less? Do we NEED a 360 degree camera? Blind spot monitoring, 365HP? Probably not, but we were willing to pay for it.

I was stuck in a dilemma of wanting something equally fast or faster than the Stinger, smaller, a coupe preferably with a sunroof, with AWD, and entertaining to drive. German has never in my life been a first choice option, but in this exact moment, nothing fit the criteria better at the price point. Again, I'll still never argue that the car does seem expensive for its size and features, but I was willing to pay a premium to find something that met my criteria for fit, form and function. If a Japanese brand offered a car at the same price point, similar size, same performance (other than the Supra), I would have gone Japanese all day. Sometimes you have to pay extra for what you want because there isn't anything you want more.

Everything is relative! lol.

18. GenesisG70

Well you can't compare a M2 with the Stinger, the M2 is a small sports car I test drove one and almost bought one because I wanted my first BMW but the cramped interior and cheap interior materials and bland looks of its interior design turned me off, I am not saying its an inferior car to the Stinger is different, the Stinger is a different car is a sporty grand tourismo that does it all very very well, hauls families, carries huge luggage and things in the back is stupid fast and looks sexy for a bargain, u can guy one new GT2 for about 40k something, so in my opinion which is not necessarily the truth the M2 is overpriced for what it is.

19. ScottM

ScottM United States Active Member

I agree with you. To each their own. I guess that's why we accept that sometimes we're getting shafted, so to speak, and we accept it because that's what we want (not the shafting part, but the thing). :thumbup: I liken it to Disney Land/World... what a rip job that is! BUT... the kids enjoy it, so it is what it is. :rofl:

20. Revvdmedia

Lol if this whole COVID thing calms down and travel is opened up, we are already planned to go to Disney World in July. Apparently I love getting shafted!

In truth, we have no kids and plan to not have any, nor do we have any logical recipients of our income when we die (at this point), so I figure I might as well spend some of that money rather than donate it to the Gov't!

• Funny Funny x 1
Draft saved Draft deleted