kia stinger store

5 things I hate my Stinger GT

Transmetal

Oh, I guess that explains it I have a 2020 gt awd, not a 1 or 2. Apparently, they left off that feature for the gt.

jalcala

Orlando Area
I keep my list to my Top 3:

1) Remote Start should have been standard
2) The auto start/stop button should have the option to be permanently disabled
3) Lack of auto open/close on the rear hatch

Minor complaints are the rear window is a bit small to see thru providing lots of blind spots and lack of fully connected EVO services. My 2018 GMC truck came fully equipped with the GMC app for 5 years providing me the ability lock/unlock doors and remote start from the app.

fc528e

Oh, I guess that explains it I have a 2020 gt awd, not a 1 or 2. Apparently, they left off that feature for the gt.
I have a 2020 GT2 and my mirrors tilt down when reversing, but there was an option in the settings menu to enable it for mine. It was off by default for me. Recommend checking there in yours as well as I cannot find anything in the 2020 specs sheets that stay it's exclusive to any model, though maybe its tied in to GT2 trim with surround view?

bearstinger

Frederick, MD
If you have a powered trunk, it's an option in the dash settings menu to have it open automatically when standing within a few feet (I believe 3) of the trunk center.
I love it, usually have hands full and poof hatch opens. Or key in pocket no need to dig it out. Lights blink to warn you it is opening.

jalcala

Orlando Area
Mine has that, just stand there for a few moments and the hatch opens up. gt2
Unfortunately I have the GT1...feel like this should have been part of the GT1 package as well. But I guess KIA had to find a way to justify the extra cost between the trim lines.

rocket23

1000 Posts Club!
Ct.
Huh?
I just had the dealer install the factory remote start on my car. You have to press the lock button 1st before you can start it. Do the doors not stay locked after that?Cuz that would be extremely dumb if that's the case. My 07 Grand Prix that had factory remote start would stay locked while the remote start was running.
without a remote start, which I don't have, it is virtually impossible to lock the car and remove yourself with the remote and still lock the car while running.

Legendsk

Deep south Texas
Even with the remote start - You can't lock it with the fob while it is running. Have to turn off the engine, get out, lock it and then start it with the fob. Then you have 15 minutes max before it shuts off on its own. It's okay for a quick trip into a convenience store, but I can't take the dog along when I go grocery shopping and may take 30 - 45 minutes because of the heat. He is a big scary looking dog, I might be able to just get out and leave it unlocked and running, anyone seeing him would have to be crazy to try to get in and steal the car.

Transmetal

I may have to test this out before winter then. Cuz my old car, I'd press the lock button 1st, then remote start the car. The car would stay locked until you'd unlock it with the fob. What sense does it make to remote start the car and it stay unlocked?

heyheyal

Central NJ
I’m pretty sure mine save. When I change from my daughter’s setting I can feel the bolsters moving.

Legendsk

Deep south Texas
I saved my settings to both 1 & 2, so they are easy to get back if someone changes them. They seem to normally stay where you put them.